Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Multi-city flex fare commingled with Latitude fare

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2016, 4:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)

I am contemplating booking a multi-city PNR in mid-August but I may have an important meeting during that time and may need to cancel.

If created a multi-city itinerary with a few destinations in the G booking class, and one in Latitude B, would I be able to cancel the entire PNR without penalties/fees, or would each segment be subject to its own rules?

I suspect it's the latter, but I thought I'd ask the gurus out there anyway.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 4:33 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by CanRulez
I am contemplating booking a multi-city PNR in mid-August but I may have an important meeting during that time and may need to cancel.

If created a multi-city itinerary with a few destinations in the G booking class, and one in Latitude B, would I be able to cancel the entire PNR without penalties/fees, or would each segment be subject to its own rules?

I suspect it's the latter, but I thought I'd ask the gurus out there anyway.

Thanks in advance.
The most restrictive change/cancellation terms and conditions apply to the entire ticket. The only thing different with Latitude segments in your combined itinerary is that you can standby/SDC for free on the day of travel.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 4:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YYT82
The most restrictive change/cancellation terms and conditions apply to the entire ticket. The only thing different with Latitude segments in your combined itinerary is that you can standby/SDC for free on the day of travel.
Ok thanks - I figured that would be the case, but was hoping a loophole existed.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 4:48 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Ok thanks - I figured that would be the case, but was hoping a loophole existed.
If, however, you were to buy Lat and later downgrade to Flex,...
Old Jun 29, 2016, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pewpew
If, however, you were to buy Lat and later downgrade to Flex,...
OH DANG...that might be it!!

Would AC keep the original booking reference though or would they outright cancel the first one, and then create a new booking reference?

I ask this for expense reasons....
Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:51 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
OH DANG...that might be it!!

Would AC keep the original booking reference though or would they outright cancel the first one, and then create a new booking reference?

I ask this for expense reasons....
I believe they can keep the same one. You'll have to be careful when reading the fare rules to ensure that any residual will be refunded to you though (international Tango fares, at least, say that any residual balance in your favour is forfeit if you make a change). And/or wait for someone who's actually done this to chime in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.