Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

YVR international maple leaf lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YVR international maple leaf lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:34 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Really?
Because food sucks in DOM MLL , from my understanding, at least one can have a "Okay" hot meal before flight in international lounge.
I find the MLLs at YVR to be stellar examples of class and service.

Does this new line have showers? I noticed last time I was at YVR int MLL they were building some outside deck thing...
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:49 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
[QUOTE=DrunkCargo;26855034]I find the MLLs at YVR to be stellar examples of class and service.

Must have been significant changes then since I was there a while back. Good to hear since the experience was less than optimum, agent at the desk was unpleasant, and not helped by the loud uncouth people that I posted about. But, that's a different story.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by Bartolo
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
I find the MLLs at YVR to be stellar examples of class and service.
Must have been significant changes then since I was there a while back. Good to hear since the experience was less than optimum, agent at the desk was unpleasant, and not helped by the loud uncouth people that I posted about. But, that's a different story.
Perhaps the sarcasm wasn't obvious. :P

According to some, I venture out to just enjoy the classiness and not fly. Heck just yesterday I flew to Vegas for the night just to get free booze at the table.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Really?
Because food sucks in DOM MLL , from my understanding, at least one can have a "Okay" hot meal before flight in international lounge.
I always learn so much from you!
Old Jun 30, 2016, 9:26 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I always learn so much from you!
touché

Likewise, Likewise
Old Jun 30, 2016, 9:32 pm

touché

Likewise, Likewise
What are you touching? MLL food?
Old Jun 30, 2016, 10:03 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Smile

Perhaps the sarcasm wasn't obvious. :P

According to some, I venture out to just enjoy the classiness and not fly. Heck just yesterday I flew to Vegas for the night just to get free booze at the table.
Very obvious
Old Jul 1, 2016, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by eos75
There's a new international MLL recently opened on the 4th floor above the existing one which adds quite a bit of extra space. Boarding pass scanned on 3rd floor then they give you option to take elevator to 4th floor

Its quite spacious and was very quiet. No showers though, and no liquor license yet. I would say that the food at lunch time was better than domestic, though I would have preferred a shower!
Can you please explain where this elevator shaft is near the regular YVR International MLL? If the new MLL is above the current one, the elevator is near or next to the current MLL, correct?
Just to follow up on this, is there actually an expansion? That would certainly be a welcome change to an otherwise very small lounge.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by rehoult
Just to follow up on this, is there actually an expansion? That would certainly be a welcome change to an otherwise very small lounge.
It's like, do you walk back out of the MLL and take an elevator up, or did they magically put an elevator inside the original YVR Int'l MLL? Or was there always an elevator in the original MLL but we never noticed it?
Old Jul 1, 2016, 1:22 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Interesting. Additional Intl YVR MLL space is greatly needed.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 9:25 pm

Oh this particular MLL leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I'm going to guess the most senior, and hence laziest jaded agents, staff this particular lounge. Is it a coveted role? Like, is there some pecking order of preference and International MLL is the sexiest?

Am I the only one who saw the new concrete tiles (looked like flooring) going on the roof outside the windows? An outside lounge would be nice.

Not sure if it was mentioned upthread, but the YVR Int PPL has showers.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 10:24 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
So Air Canada is using Cathay's leftover dump of a lounge now that they're in new digs?

Also, they have a nice pho station at YVR MLL. That's about it.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh this particular MLL leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I'm going to guess the most senior, and hence laziest jaded agents, staff this particular lounge. Is it a coveted role? Like, is there some pecking order of preference and International MLL is the sexiest?

Am I the only one who saw the new concrete tiles (looked like flooring) going on the roof outside the windows? An outside lounge would be nice.

Not sure if it was mentioned upthread, but the YVR Int PPL has showers.
There are dueling threads not being merged - Dorian started a thread mentioning this several months ago, so no, you're not the first to notice.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I like how nobody is actually describing where these invisible elevators are... I am guessing that you have to exit the original MLL to get to the "new" one. There is not internal elevator within the original MLL that goes to the "new" MLL...
Old Jul 2, 2016, 12:11 am

Programs: Air Canada SE
Can you please explain where this elevator shaft is near the regular YVR International MLL? If the new MLL is above the current one, the elevator is near or next to the current MLL, correct?
Yes, evalator is immediately to the left of main MLL doors. After my BP was scanned and stamped I was directed back out to evalator.

I'm not sure if you could go directly to 4th floor - there's no external signage on the evalator so initially you'd only know about it by going to 3rd floor one first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.