Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

What destinations outside of Canada/USA will AC send 737's?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2015, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member

BS alluded to the 73's heading out on longer missions.

Where ya think they are going?!
Old Sep 21, 2015, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Here's a few no-brainers...

• YYT and maybe YHZ to LHR (may be too much lobster freight from YHZ)
  • YYZ-MEX
  • YYZ- northern South America (Bogota, Caracas if Venezuela gets its house in order)
  • YYZ-BGI and any non-rouged destination in the Caribbean
  • YYZ-BDA
  • YVR and possibly YYC to some destinations in Hawaii
Old Sep 21, 2015, 9:38 pm

YVR/YYC-PTY/SJO/LIR
YVR-HAV
YYZ-ANC
YYZ-LIM
YVR-CUN

YYC/YVR-Carribean

None of these routes scream for a 767 capacity-wise (ie: not particularly high yield), but they're not really easily do-able with the 319 (which gets sketchy over 2600 miles, as seen in AC's YYZ-POS operation before they cancelled it, or even the plethora of winter diversions on YUL-SFO).

YVR-HAV simply to connect the Asia network to HAV. I think this one is pretty obvious.

edit: YYZ-LIM might be pushing it a bit much...

Last edited by pitz; Sep 21, 2015 at 9:50 pm
Old Sep 21, 2015, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pitz
YYZ-LIM
This is probably a bit too far. Boeing claims range of up to 3515 nautical miles (4040 statute miles) for the 737MAX-8. YYZ-LIM is 3836 miles, so technically flyable - but that ignores safety factor, headwinds, weather avoidance, aircraft variability, etc.

If AC tried the plane on the route it would be severely weight restricted and likely prone to technical stops.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by The Lev
This is probably a bit too far. Boeing claims range of up to 3515 nautical miles (4040 statute miles) for the 737MAX-8. YYZ-LIM is 3836 miles, so technically flyable - but that ignores safety factor, headwinds, weather avoidance, aircraft variability, etc.

If AC tried the plane on the route it would be severely weight restricted and likely prone to technical stops.
Yeah that was my feeling after standing back from the keyboard for a few minutes and looking up the distance. So basically we're talking about missions between 2600nm (the approximate limit of the 319 before you get into offload scenarios), and roughly 3400nm.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Even 3,400 nm is probably very optimistic. I'd be surprised if AC flies these things on routes that are even 3,400 statute miles.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 12:07 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by Dorian
BS alluded to the 73's heading out on longer missions.

Where ya think they are going?!
YUL-NRT direct, with a technical stop in Casaclaus.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
YUL-NRT direct, with a technical stop in Casaclaus.
Aside from the technical stop shenanigans and all joking aside... is there even a market for YUL NRT?! I can't even think of one... industry? What would that be? Surely it's not a leisure route...
Old Sep 22, 2015, 10:42 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
This is not a pretty thought. Replacing 319s where they currently go, fine.

But I don't want to sit on a 737 for six hours on BOG-YYZ or YYC-OGG. Too long a flight to have a domestic J product.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 1:12 pm

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Originally Posted by pitz
YYZ-ANC
Were you serious about that route? Is there a market for it? I'd like to see AC connect Ontario to YZF non-stop before ANC.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 1:34 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott LTPP, Avis +
more sunshine rouge destinations
Old Sep 23, 2015, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by j_the_p
Were you serious about that route? Is there a market for it? I'd like to see AC connect Ontario to YZF non-stop before ANC.
Weekends in addition to the YVR-ANC dailies in the summer, sure. If oil ever fires up again in Alberta, YEG/YYC-YYT is another one that might be tried I figure (again, not really possible going westbound in the 319 much of the time!).

But yeah the number of aircraft ordered doesn't seem to indicate much room for major expansion. So a few opportunistic narrow-body long-hauls, but probably not much else. Biggest 'change' will be fewer tech stops in those winter months where the jetstream is particularly nasty.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 3:38 pm

"Some" airlines have 3-class cabin with proper F on their 737s, while AC is going with domestic recliners?

http://thedesignair.net/2013/10/30/t...lar-737-cabin/
Old Sep 23, 2015, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by echino
"Some" airlines have 3-class cabin with proper F on their 737s, while AC is going with domestic recliners?

http://thedesignair.net/2013/10/30/t...lar-737-cabin/
"Proper F" is a relative term when their F is more comparable with the less impressive int'l J products.

IMO the best hard product offered on any narrow-body is available on AA's 3-cabin 321s.

I could see AC putting recliner-style J seats (similar to the int'l J seats >10 years ago) into the 737s, possibly even lie-flat seats in config, but I doubt they'll install the int'l J pods.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by adam.smith
But I don't want to sit on a 737 for six hours on BOG-YYZ or YYC-OGG. Too long a flight to have a domestic J product.
for places like Hawaii it will almost certainly be either 737MAX or 767 Rouge.

How is Rouge Premium Economy on the 767 better than Domestic J?

(AC also flies rouge to LIM and I'm not convinced there is more premium traffic to BOG than LIM.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.