Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Post your Super Elite S100K 2016/17 Benefit Year Qualification/Requalification Here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post your Super Elite S100K 2016/17 Benefit Year Qualification/Requalification Here!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2015, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Smile Post your Super Elite S100K 2016/17 Benefit Year Qualification/Requalification Here!

Some people here wonder how I do it, but there are some of you here that were even quicker than I was to qualify/requalify for S100K! So, I wonder how you do it! You're all nuts.

So... for those who have qualified or requalified for S100K this calendar year for the 2016/17 benefit year, post your:

1. Actual Date Achieved (MUST have already completed travel BUT does not have to be posted into your Altitude account yet)
2. What is your running AQM count or AQS count at the time of your post (because you may have already long surpassed the 100K AQM mark this year, but probably not the AQS mark just yet but AQS may pertain to others later this year)
3. What you forecast your calendar year end AQM or AQS total will be... ballpark guess... shot in the dark... because it's fun to speculate!

So I'll start...

yyznomad
1. Requalified: February 20, 2015
2. As of today February 21, 2015: 100,642 AQM
3. Forecast: No clue... probably somewhere between 400K and 600K AQM.

Summary of other responses so far:
2MMKid
1. Requalified: February 2, 2015
2. As of February 21, 2015: 129, 467 AQM
3. "Not sure will be like last years 748 243 AQM's"

yyz_atc_qq
1. Requalified: February 11, 2015
2. As of March 5, 2015: 110,540 AQM (taken from signature)
3. ???

Wind
1. Requalified: March 14, 2015
2. As of March 15, 2015: 105,500 AQM
3. No specific target

Plumber
1. Requalified: April 29, 2015
2. As of April 29, 2015: 100,000+ AQM
3. No specific target

Last edited by yyznomad; Apr 30, 2015 at 8:17 pm
Old Feb 21, 2015, 1:51 am

Programs: AC:50K
Originally Posted by yyznomad
3. Forecast: No clue... probably somewhere between 400K and 600K AQM.
I have to say, I'm impressed that you're flying that much *and* are only 1MM. I think most people, err, build up more gradually.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by cperciva
I have to say, I'm impressed that you're flying that much *and* are only 1MM. I think most people, err, build up more gradually.
In my earlier flying years, I flew lots of *A carriers and hardly any AC metal which is a requirement for AC 1MM.

Starting a few years ago I flew almost exclusively AC metal. I will be hitting 2MM soon.

(and btw, I'm diddly squat compared to some others here!)
Old Feb 21, 2015, 11:07 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Have to ask... have you been TPAC once a week, all year, or YYZ-YVR every other day?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yvrgary
Have to ask... have you been TPAC once a week, all year, or YYZ-YVR every other day?
Mostly TATL and some TPAC.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 3:21 pm

Programs: ACSE*2MM,CX Diamond, BA Gold, OW Emerald,Fairmont Platinum, SPG Platnium Lifetime,
Re-qualified on Feb 2, 2015
Currently sitting at 129 467 AQM's
Outlook: Not sure will be like last years 748 243 AQM's as moving business to BA and CX with status matches. In hindsight, it does not pay to re-qualify before March 1, 2015 as not benefits from Altitude including no accumulation of E-upgrades or E-upgrade thresholds.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 3:27 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
yyznomad or 2mmkid do you guys maintain pages like flightdiary where one could see your flights? I'm nerdily curious haha. I'm at 21 AQS and I'll make 95 (with some effort) by the end of the year, but won't even be close to 100,000 AQM.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 6:03 pm

Programs: ACSE*2MM,CX Diamond, BA Gold, OW Emerald,Fairmont Platinum, SPG Platnium Lifetime,
Originally Posted by drvannostren
yyznomad or 2mmkid do you guys maintain pages like flightdiary where one could see your flights? I'm nerdily curious haha. I'm at 21 AQS and I'll make 95 (with some effort) by the end of the year, but won't even be close to 100,000 AQM.
I usually do 2 HKG trips a month with side trips to SIN and CGK and 1 Australia trip per month as well and a couple of YVR-YYZ.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 6:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
What I'd personally like to know is what yyznomad and 2MMKid do for a living!! And if they are corporate employees or small biz owners
Old Feb 21, 2015, 7:18 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Jeez, monthly 2xHKG and SYD, that's crazy. I'm envious that's for sure!
Old Feb 21, 2015, 7:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by drvannostren
Jeez, monthly 2xHKG and SYD, that's crazy. I'm envious that's for sure!
I'm sure like with most people who look at how you and I and other FTers travel, they share that same feeling of envy for our flying. I know my colleagues/friends are crazy for envying my travel. I'm sure they (the 400,000ers) share that same feeling
Old Feb 21, 2015, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
What I'd personally like to know is what yyznomad and 2MMKid do for a living!! And if they are corporate employees or small biz owners
Consulting Oil & Gas Industry (Small Business Owner now) took a package from IBM 8 years ago....and have never been happier. About the envy, yes all my friends envy my travel but they don't understand that when I am in HKG or SYD or PER I am working 12 hours days and exhausted when I arrive back home. I will surpass 3MM late next year but quite honestly have learned my lesson...diversify among Alliances. No way is AC getting ALL my business like they used to...they need to earn it and give backor claw back a lot perks before that ever happens again....lesson learned!
Old Feb 21, 2015, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Whatever next DO I attend that you are there, I will tell you in person. Nothing glamorous like a secret agent or spy, so don't get your hopes up.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 8:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Whatever next DO I attend that you are there, I will tell you in person. Nothing glamorous like a secret agent or spy, so don't get your hopes up.
That's now 2 Do's which you're a maybe and then I don't get to meet you Hehe
Old Feb 22, 2015, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 2MMKid
Outlook: Not sure will be like last years 748 243 AQM's
I do at least 1 TATL or 1 TPAC each week on average mixed in with a bunch of YYZ YVR roundtrips (mostly Y or P/Z with a handful of Flex)... and I think 450AQM is my limit... have no idea how survived nearly doubling myself and a few others here... of course J COS probably helps a bit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.