Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YVR - HNL Business

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2015, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by garethlewis
....the only other option is AS which doesn't even have a premium lounge.

Only other option? I beg to differ. How about UA, DL, HA, AA, WS?

Use google flights to compare.
WS doesn't have a premium cabin. They do have premium seating with extra leg room, complimentary food, alcohol, baggage. No lounge access.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA, AC
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
you don't have much choice on this run so $1000 isn't bad for what you get. Premium Rouge on 767 should be tolerable just as First is on UA from SFO-HNL. Food may even be better on AC.
The SFO-HNL seats on UA (767-400) look like this ...

I haven't tried Premium Rouge but I don't think they're comparable.

Last edited by After Burner; Jan 31, 2015 at 5:38 pm
Old Jan 31, 2015, 5:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by After Burner

These seats look like JAL J seats on there 787's. Great for day flights, bad for night(Sleeping) flights.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 6:10 pm

Programs: AC SE100, SPG Plat, Visa Inf Priv
The horrible experience I referred to was rouge Y. As stated mainly out of spite and perceived poor product, I can't bring myself to spend an extra $1000-1500 for their premium rouge product.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by After Burner

Comparable to that, no. But that is only on 1 of 4 SFO-HNL flights. The other 3 are on domestic configured 777s where you'll have way more legroom than Rouge, but it still won't go flat. Plus they have middle seats. Even worse, the redeye is on a 757 or 737 which isn't a better seat than Rouge.

The YVR-SFO leg on UA would involve being in more or less the same non-flat seat as you could have been on nonstop YVR-HNL.

Yes Rouge YVR-HNL is way worse than the AC pods were. But those don't exist anymore, and the alternatives really aren't better. If people are willing to connect to get a lie-flat on 1/4 flights on a daytime leg for ~5 hours and add several hours for it... all the power to them.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by winnipegrev
Comparable to that, no. But that is only on 1 of 4 SFO-HNL flights. The other 3 are on domestic configured 777s where you'll have way more legroom than Rouge, but it still won't go flat. Plus they have middle seats. Even worse, the redeye is on a 757 or 737 which isn't a better seat than Rouge.

The YVR-SFO leg on UA would involve being in more or less the same non-flat seat as you could have been on nonstop YVR-HNL.

Yes Rouge YVR-HNL is way worse than the AC pods were. But those don't exist anymore, and the alternatives really aren't better. If people are willing to connect to get a lie-flat on 1/4 flights on a daytime leg for ~5 hours and add several hours for it... all the power to them.
It's not perfect, that's for sure. I'm looking for a replacement for AC43/44. It's a work in progress!
Old Jan 31, 2015, 9:24 pm

Programs: Air Canada 100K, Hilton Honors Diamond, Accor Gold, Best Western Diamond
I just flew from YFC to HNL (Via YYZ and YVO) returning OGG to YFC (via YVO and YOW)...The tickets were booked back in July 14 for Jan 15...at that time the flights showed as normal AC. Suffice to say we were rouged.... well and truly...

Not worth the money..on the return flight we were served a breakfast (took the omelette)... no proper meal.... and then had the same omelette on the next leg to YOW.

Will be looking at other options from here on in.... and if we do fly AC Rouge I will gladly sit my arse in the rear... Bit by bit... I am weaning myself of the status malarkey...and have no interest in Aeroplan Distinction...
Old Jan 31, 2015, 11:30 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by airbornesapper
I just flew from YFC to HNL (Via YYZ and YVO) returning OGG to YFC (via YVO and YOW)...The tickets were booked back in July 14 for Jan 15...at that time the flights showed as normal AC. Suffice to say we were rouged.... well and truly...

Not worth the money..on the return flight we were served a breakfast (took the omelette)... no proper meal.... and then had the same omelette on the next leg to YOW.

Will be looking at other options from here on in.... and if we do fly AC Rouge I will gladly sit my arse in the rear... Bit by bit... I am weaning myself of the status malarkey...and have no interest in Aeroplan Distinction...
OK. I'll bite.

How does one go from Fredricton to Hawaii via Val D'Or?
Old Feb 1, 2015, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by PLeblond
OK. I'll bite.

How does one go from Fredricton to Hawaii via Val D'Or?
I was wondering the same thing.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 7:26 am

Programs: Air Canada 100K, Hilton Honors Diamond, Accor Gold, Best Western Diamond
Told you I was Rouged Hey it was late and I was a bit ZZZzzzzzzz......

I will reinforce that the cabin crew try....but can only work with what they have...still I think we were up an hour before the first drink was served...no real meal...and a fairly gross omelette...Not a Ryan Air experience but heading that way...
Old Feb 1, 2015, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by airbornesapper
Told you I was Rouged Hey it was late and I was a bit ZZZzzzzzzz......

I will reinforce that the cabin crew try....but can only work with what they have...still I think we were up an hour before the first drink was served...no real meal...and a fairly gross omelette...Not a Ryan Air experience but heading that way...
It still does not explain Val D'Or. Or did you mean YVR?
Old Feb 1, 2015, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF, FI, BA, HHonors & Le Club Accorhotels
Originally Posted by tracon
Only other option? I beg to differ. How about UA, DL, HA, AA, WS?

Use google flights to compare.
WS doesn't have a premium cabin. They do have premium seating with extra leg room, complimentary food, alcohol, baggage. No lounge access.
They don't compare money wise though lets be honest.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 8:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Never pay for Premium Rouge, its nasty. Just pick the cheapest flights. Drive to Belingham is a good idea.
Or go UA if you can get E+ the money you save is worth it.
Dont ruin your honeymoon by starting with Rouge.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by why fly
Never pay for Premium Rouge, its nasty. Just pick the cheapest flights. Drive to Belingham is a good idea.
Or go UA if you can get E+ the money you save is worth it.
Dont ruin your honeymoon by starting with Rouge.
Having flown both AC Rouge J on a 767, and a UA Domestic F on 752 & 753, I can safely say the Rouge product is superior.

And it does not even require a connection.

OP is already travelling to the Vancouver area, so I gather driving to Bellingham would require much additional cost and time, plus a connection for flight to Hawaii.

As much as you "LOVE" everything AC, I believe in this point your advice is directed more to support your own personal views and not trying to help the OP.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by PLeblond
It still does not explain Val D'Or. Or did you mean YVR?
Of course Van...not an airport I frequent....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.