Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2014, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Q Shoe Guy
It is important that Air Canada has a clean and safe environment for their staff and passengers ! Please help Air Canada by posting your photos of dirty seating and cabin environments !

Post flight number !
Post seat number !
Fin number (aircraft number)!
Print Wikipost

Dirty aircraft

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2014, 11:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC2MM SE Fairmont Presidents club
Dirty aircraft

AC 149. First issue, aircraft downgauge chose routing for pod. I suppose some will say this is the right of the carrier. Fair enough.

Had a very tight connection due to inbound delay so was first passenger to use facilities after seatbelt sign switched off after takeoff. Toilet hadn't been cleaned. I was totally grossed out by the diarrhea splatter. Washed my hands at least three times and reported it to the SD. He simply said that yes they had problems grooming the aircraft. Really? A quick substitution perhaps with no time to properly clean it? And he didn't bother to go and check Or clean it during the flight. I'm still grossed out. I'd report it but nobody at AC cares anyway and I'm not interested in a form letter reply. td:
Old Dec 12, 2014, 11:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
I think most of us can say "been there, gotten the dirty plane". Truly not acceptable. IIRC, FA's don't clean toilets on AC...unlike other respectable airlines...
Old Dec 12, 2014, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I think most of us can say "been there, gotten the dirty plane". Truly not acceptable. IIRC, FA's don't clean toilets on AC...unlike other respectable airlines...
Domestic I think the FAs don't out of habit of short flights/usual grooming = "clean enough" philosophy... but I've seen AC FAs cleaning longhaul flight washrooms many many times.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 11:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by winnipegrev
Domestic I think the FAs don't out of habit of short flights/usual grooming = "clean enough" philosophy... but I've seen AC FAs cleaning longhaul flight washrooms many many times.
Thanks for the input. As I have stated before, I only fly domestic, so i'll defer to your comment about FA's cleaning longhaul washrooms
Old Dec 12, 2014, 11:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by farmerbrown
AC 149. First issue, aircraft downgauge chose routing for pod. I suppose some will say this is the right of the carrier. Fair enough.

Had a very tight connection due to inbound delay so was first passenger to use facilities after seatbelt sign switched off after takeoff. Toilet hadn't been cleaned. I was totally grossed out by the diarrhea splatter. Washed my hands at least three times and reported it to the SD. He simply said that yes they had problems grooming the aircraft. Really? A quick substitution perhaps with no time to properly clean it? And he didn't bother to go and check Or clean it during the flight. I'm still grossed out. I'd report it but nobody at AC cares anyway and I'm not interested in a form letter reply. td:

Question
Given the other thread with the discussion about dirty pods etc, I'm just wondering why no one is taking photos. I admit, lav photos are not pretty at the best of times, but there has to be a better way to get this problem dealt with than sending in a report and getting a form letter. Any suggestions?
Old Dec 12, 2014, 11:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 24left
Question
Given the other thread with the discussion about dirty pods etc, I'm just wondering why no one is taking photos. I admit, lav photos are not pretty at the best of times, but there has to be a better way to get this problem dealt with than sending in a report and getting a form letter. Any suggestions?
The Bens are on it, i'm not sure what else we can do. Who wants to take a pic of a dirty pod though? IMO, it's a weird way to start/end a vaction. Peeee yeww! It isn't our job to clean the pods or to report it, again IMHO

Last edited by superangrypenguin; Dec 13, 2014 at 12:00 am
Old Dec 12, 2014, 11:56 pm
Original Poster

You really wanted to see a picture of this????? I don't consider YYZ-YVR short haul.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 12:00 am
Suspended

You really wanted to see a picture of this????? I don't consider YYZ-YVR short haul.
In the words of AC IIRC, premium domestic or something like that...
Old Dec 13, 2014, 12:07 am

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Farmerbrown, some at AC may not care, but I suggest you notify both Sam Elfassy, AC's director for corporate safety and Dr. Jim Chung, its chief medical officer. A dirty lav is deemed to be a public health hazard and they know it. If you don't receive a satisfactory response, inform Dr. Gregory Taylor, Canada's Chief Public Health Officer. His department is obliged to respond.

Ok, I know some will say, what an idiot suggestion, who cares. Well, in case some of you missed it, the prevention of communicable illness is a priority now. It is a positive side effect of the Ebola scare. As a result of the ebola panic back in October, all airlines were told to improve their sanitation of lavs, including disinfection standards. An uncleaned lav used on a long haul is a major breach of the undertaking .

While, AC's customer relations unit might can ignore complaints from the public on such things, it's personnel who are involved in Canada's airline infectious disease prevention strategy are unlikely to have the same attitude. They understand that any connection of an illness outbreak to the airline would have a catastrophic impact. I'm willing to bet they have zero tolerance for the failure to clean lavs prior to a long haul.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 12:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
Farmerbrown, some at AC may not care, but I suggest you notify both Sam Elfassy, AC's director for corporate safety and Dr. Jim Chung, its chief medical officer. A dirty lav is deemed to be a public health hazard and they know it. If you don't receive a satisfactory response, inform Dr. Gregory Taylor, Canada's Chief Public Health Officer. His department is obliged to respond.

Ok, I know some will say, what an idiot suggestion, who cares. Well, in case some of you missed it, the prevention of communicable illness is a priority now. It is a positive side effect of the Ebola scare. As a result of the ebola panic back in October, all airlines were told to improve their sanitation of lavs, including disinfection standards. An uncleaned lav used on a long haul is a major breach of the undertaking .

While, AC's customer relations unit might can ignore complaints from the public on such things, it's personnel who are involved in Canada's airline infectious disease prevention strategy are unlikely to have the same attitude. They understand that any connection of an illness outbreak to the airline would have a catastrophic impact. I'm willing to bet they both have zero tolerance for the failure to clean lavs prior to a long haul.
I appreciate your post, but this is not a long haul flight, and is a domestic flight. Does that change things? (again I do not know)
Old Dec 13, 2014, 1:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer

While, AC's customer relations unit might can ignore complaints from the public on such things, it's personnel who are involved in Canada's airline infectious disease prevention strategy are unlikely to have the same attitude. They understand that any connection of an illness outbreak to the airline would have a catastrophic impact. I'm willing to bet they have zero tolerance for the failure to clean lavs prior to a long haul.
Thanks for the suggestion. I"ll be on it. Although it might not have been a transcon longhaul, an unusually aggressive strain of flu has broken out in Ottawa......who knows where this aircraft had arrived from?
Old Dec 13, 2014, 3:18 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I appreciate your post, but this is not a long haul flight, and is a domestic flight. Does that change things? (again I do not know)
YYZ-YVR is classified as premium long haul. So yes it does. FA's do have cleaning/biohazard supplies for situations like this, and on a 5 hour flight, ample time to take care of a reported public health hazard.

OP I would register a complaint. As others have said some might not care, but higher ups do, and feedback like this will ensure better monitoring.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 6:56 am
Formerly known as tireman77

I don't consider YYZ-YVR short haul.
Originally Posted by kwflyer
YYZ-YVR is classified as premium long haul.
On a side note, and aside the fact that, indeed, it should have been cleaned, regardless of length of flight...

YYZ-YVR is domestic, and not even Transcontinental. Domestic food and service.

OK, maybe it could almost be considered transcon, but how does one classify this as 'Long-Haul'?
Old Dec 13, 2014, 11:06 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Do you think this is acceptable?

Just ONE single photo in my TATL pod (ex-YYZ)

Every surface was like this. I paid $6,000 for this seat, the guy behind me paid $12,000 and he was wiping his pod with alcohol wipes and grumbling.

This needs to be cleaned, not ignored.

Old Dec 13, 2014, 11:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 24left
Just ONE single photo in my TATL pod (ex-YYZ)

Every surface was like this. I paid $6,000 for this seat, the guy behind me paid $12,000 and he was wiping his pod with alcohol wipes and grumbling.

This needs to be cleaned, not ignored.

Must have been a cheap upgrader who left those traces ... Real J pax wouldn't leave a filthy seat behind...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.