Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2014, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Q Shoe Guy
It is important that Air Canada has a clean and safe environment for their staff and passengers ! Please help Air Canada by posting your photos of dirty seating and cabin environments !

Post flight number !
Post seat number !
Fin number (aircraft number)!
Print Wikipost

Dirty aircraft

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2014, 11:19 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Allvest
Must have been a cheap upgrader who left those traces ... Real J pax wouldn't leave a filthy seat behind...

Funny. But No.

I've been in these 763 pods multiple times per year for the last few years. This dirt is cumulative. It is in every crevice of every surface on these pods, armrests and even inside some of the IFEs.

Either steam clean these things or hire some students with toothbrushes and cleaner and have at it.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 11:21 am

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Must have been a cheap upgrader who left those traces ... Real J pax wouldn't leave a filthy seat behind...
Which all goes to show that the only thing really "cheapening" the AC J experience is AC themselves. I *love* hypocrisy. Just love it.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 11:28 am

Programs: AC - SE, SPG - Platinum, HGP - Diamond
Dirty aircraft

Take pics, lots of pics. Post them on Facebook and Twitter. On a slow news day, one of the major media outlets will write a story and maybe this will embarrass AC enough to resolve.

I find service is subjective and hard to really complain about objectively. But cleanliness?? It is clean or not, hard to be subjective there.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 11:29 am
Suspended

2 more photos

Just to round out the series

Old Dec 13, 2014, 11:34 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by PLeblond
On a side note, and aside the fact that, indeed, it should have been cleaned, regardless of length of flight...

YYZ-YVR is domestic, and not even Transcontinental. Domestic food and service.

OK, maybe it could almost be considered transcon, but how does one classify this as 'Long-Haul'?
AC's term not mine. Regardless, 5 hour flight is not a 'short flight' and is ample time for FA's to go in and clean a lav if it's warranted.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 12:03 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by 24left
Just ONE single photo in my TATL pod (ex-YYZ)

Every surface was like this. I paid $6,000 for this seat, the guy behind me paid $12,000 and he was wiping his pod with alcohol wipes and grumbling.

This needs to be cleaned, not ignored.

I think the really sad thing is that if you report it to AC, they will not care.

I have sent emails/forms about broken/dirty AC equipment before, and it got ignored every time.

I messaged Bens on Q&A and never got a reply on how to report this so it gets fixed.

That's a bit sad.

But that pod, ..., switch seats?
Old Dec 13, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
There is a similar design that also collects a lot of crumbs on the new 787's. A small tooth brush should be used by the cleaners to these spots.

I also pointed this out to the SD, - who knows if this was passed on the correct department or anyone at all.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 1:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Argonaut1000
There is a similar design that also collects a lot of crumbs on the new 787's. A small tooth brush should be used by the cleaners to these spots.

I also pointed this out to the SD, - who knows if this was passed on the correct department or anyone at all.

Upthread in post # 16, I wrote:

Originally Posted by 24left
steam clean these things or hire some students with toothbrushes and cleaner and have at it.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 1:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
But that pod, ..., switch seats?

I think you jest, sir.

There is not a single empty pod on these long-hauls
Old Dec 13, 2014, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by kwflyer
OP I would register a complaint. As others have said some might not care, but higher ups do, and feedback like this will ensure better monitoring.
If higher ups did care, these stories would not surface. Flying and dirty planes are not new events like a new I-phone release.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 1:27 pm

What's your point?

Last edited by 1Newflyer; Dec 13, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Old Dec 13, 2014, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC2MM SE Fairmont Presidents club
Originally Posted by wolvie007
Take pics, lots of pics. Post them on Facebook and Twitter. On a slow news day, one of the major media outlets will write a story and maybe this will embarrass AC enough to resolve.

I find service is subjective and hard to really complain about objectively. But cleanliness?? It is clean or not, hard to be subjective there.
Oh how I wish I had taken a pic. Could have splattered it everywhere!:
Old Dec 13, 2014, 7:26 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
The issue is simply that staff don't care. This is simply neglect and buildup. If staff is attentive of the responsibility they have, this simply wouldn't exist.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 7:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by RZR
The issue is simply that staff don't care. This is simply neglect and buildup. If staff is attentive of the responsibility they have, this simply wouldn't exist.
Agreed! Not to beat on a dead horse, but a 30 year old 747 on BR is squeaky clean. These 777's and other AC widebodies featuring the pods is MUCH younger than the 747 in question. It's all about attention to detail and staff who give a damn.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 8:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
Farmerbrown, some at AC may not care, but I suggest you notify both Sam Elfassy, AC's director for corporate safety and Dr. Jim Chung, its chief medical officer. A dirty lav is deemed to be a public health hazard and they know it. If you don't receive a satisfactory response, inform Dr. Gregory Taylor, Canada's Chief Public Health Officer. His department is obliged to respond.

Ok, I know some will say, what an idiot suggestion, who cares. Well, in case some of you missed it, the prevention of communicable illness is a priority now. It is a positive side effect of the Ebola scare. As a result of the ebola panic back in October, all airlines were told to improve their sanitation of lavs, including disinfection standards. An uncleaned lav used on a long haul is a major breach of the undertaking .

While, AC's customer relations unit might can ignore complaints from the public on such things, it's personnel who are involved in Canada's airline infectious disease prevention strategy are unlikely to have the same attitude. They understand that any connection of an illness outbreak to the airline would have a catastrophic impact. I'm willing to bet they have zero tolerance for the failure to clean lavs prior to a long haul.
I know first [email protected] is the email for most corporate employees of AC. Do they use this as well?

I only ask because my current employer has an opt-in for this. By default it's [email protected], we have to opt in for [email protected]...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.