Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2014, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers

New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers
October 1, 2014

http://www.aircanada.com/en/news/141001.html

To provide our customers with the best possible service, we continually strive to refresh and enhance our onboard offerings.

In the spring of 2014, we conducted extensive research to gather important customer feedback. As a result, the following changes to our International Business Class service were introduced in the fall of 2014:

À la Carte Breakfast

On flights from Canada to Europe, customers can now fill out an order card to choose from a selection of beverages, as well as hot and cold breakfast items, which will be served to them prior to landing, at a time of their choosing.
Customers can also indicate if they do not wish to be woken or if they will not be having breakfast, maximizing their sleep time as they will not be disturbed.

Long Haul Service

On our long haul flights between Toronto and Asia, Toronto and Tel Aviv as well as on flights between Vancouver and Sydney, Australia, we've upgraded our main meal service offering by introducing the following:

Entrées will be plated, sauced and garnished in the galley by our cabin crew, elevating the onboard dining experience to a more restaurant-like experience. Meals such as grilled Alberta AAA beef tenderloin with Cabernet peppercorn sauce, served with Yukon Gold lobster mashed potato and sautéed asparagus will be presented on new, stylish white plates.
Cheese service is now offered tableside, from a cheese board, where passengers can choose from three cheeses, like Cantonnier, Camembert and Medium Cheddar, served with juicy grapes, crackers and warm bread.
For dessert, cake and fresh seasonal fruit will be served tableside from a presentation trolley. Customers can make their selection and even indulge in a bit of both if they wish.

On all flights between Toronto and Asia, we've introduced a brunch service prior to landing. Customers can still choose between a western style breakfast, such as an omelet with cherry tomato ragout, roasted potatoes and spinach, or an Asian inspired dish, such as Chinese-style rice congee with chicken, shiitake mushroom and spring onion. However, customers who may want something other than breakfast can opt for brunch options such as e-fu noodles with mushrooms, shrimp dim sum and pork siu mai.

Learn more about our International Business Class service.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 7:40 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Sounds great (some we've heard). I like that it's being plated in the Galley on the longer flights.

I wish they would include YVR - Asia on this as well.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 7:44 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, 2MM, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Diamond
nice! ^
Old Oct 1, 2014, 7:44 pm

Programs: AC E75K *G
Originally Posted by traacs
Cheese service is now offered tableside, from a cheese board, where passengers can choose from three cheeses, like Cantonnier, Camembert and Medium Cheddar, served with juicy grapes, crackers and warm bread.

Warm bread with cheese?

Bread temperature is a common issue with plane food. Room temperature is ideal. A warm soft dinner roll can be nice. Sometimes bread comes really cold, which is not nice.

But I don't get warm bread with cheese. Won't that just mess up the cheese?
Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:06 pm

Programs: AC*SE HHgold
Sounds good.
I like to have both fruit and cheese after dinner but find the portion is too much for a long flight and won't able to get a good sleep. I have a YYZ-HKG next month and will definitely try out both in smaller portion.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:14 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
I have this weird urge to book international business class now
Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:16 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM
Sounds great. I hope the Wine service has been upgraded. It's about time they serve a good French Rhone, Burgandy, or Bordeaux 2nd Growth.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:45 pm

Apart from the perception of choice the cynic in me thinks this is really a cost saving move spun as an "enhancement" as now they don't have to give everyone all the items for breakfast etc. for example now they stock 20 yogurts, etc instead of the whole cabin. They now serve the snacks that were usually on hand during the flight as the brunch option? As well, with the reduction of flight attendants recently last month their work load will be even greater.... service will be even slower now that they have to spend additional time plating...

And to honest i would prefer if the FAs didn't have to expose, touch, or plate the food right next to the bathrooms... They aren't trained food handlers and you know someone will have just finished restocking or using the bathroom... where it is difficult to get a good hand wash especially on the older planes without the auto faucets.

Cant please everyone
Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:23 pm

Why not flights to Europe too? sigh...
Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:28 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Thumbs up

Awesome! I'm flying YYZ-HKG on Friday. The new brunch service instead of breakfast sounds great.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 11:19 pm

Programs: AC E50K
Entrées will be plated, sauced and garnished in the galley by our cabin crew

Back to the previous service level.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 12:27 am

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
Awesome! I'm flying YYZ-HKG on Friday. The new brunch service instead of breakfast sounds great.
I was just on one of these flights (well HND) and it was that same breakfast on arrival. I've never liked it. So I took the breakfast tray and had them cook up the dim sum snacks and the noodle soup with dumplings and used that as the main.

Mind you that's sort of what the descriptions implies they are doing officially now. Hopefully it's a little more substantial!

This makes me wish I hadn't just done a trip and had another one scheduled for the next month or two!

Good to see AC making service progress (even if it's just going back to the way things used to be).
Old Oct 2, 2014, 2:52 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
How the hell does this make any sense? What a total load of crap.

YYZTLV is 10:35

YVRHKG is 13:05
YVRPVG is 12:10
etc etc

Is this simply due to the caterers on these routes being the only ones who can handle the new format?
Old Oct 2, 2014, 3:57 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Looking forward to trying the new service next week...
Old Oct 2, 2014, 6:55 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by bakersdozen
Apart from the perception of choice the cynic in me thinks this is really a cost saving move spun as an "enhancement" as now they don't have to give everyone all the items for breakfast etc. for example now they stock 20 yogurts, etc instead of the whole cabin. They now serve the snacks that were usually on hand during the flight as the brunch option? As well, with the reduction of flight attendants recently last month their work load will be even greater.... service will be even slower now that they have to spend additional time plating...

And to honest i would prefer if the FAs didn't have to expose, touch, or plate the food right next to the bathrooms... They aren't trained food handlers and you know someone will have just finished restocking or using the bathroom... where it is difficult to get a good hand wash especially on the older planes without the auto faucets.

I guess you will not be flying any Asian airlines and a lot of European airlines too. This is normal j class service.
Cant please everyone

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.