Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Seat selection for AE redemption ticket (S100K member)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC-SE, EK-G, GF-G

Hi folks:

I have a question for an upcoming reservation for my family in Y class. I redeemed my miles for them to fly. Tickets were booked and issued, and on both segments the only seats which are available are rows 12-16 (preferred seats), and all other seats in Y cabin are taken. AE did not assign them any seats. I tried to assign them seats on aircanada.com, but the website is charging us an extra $30 per segment per traveller, or an extra $120 (in addition to the $300 in "scam charges" we already paid).

Is there anyway to have them seats assigned, without paying? If so, how? Why are we being penalized if there are no 'regular' seats available in Y cabin?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:12 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Originally Posted by aircanada_loyal
Hi folks:

I have a question for an upcoming reservation for my family in Y class. I redeemed my miles for them to fly. Tickets were booked and issued, and on both segments the only seats which are available are rows 12-16 (preferred seats), and all other seats in Y cabin are taken. AE did not assign them any seats. I tried to assign them seats on aircanada.com, but the website is charging us an extra $30 per segment per traveller, or an extra $120 (in addition to the $300 in "scam charges" we already paid).

Is there anyway to have them seats assigned, without paying? If so, how? Why are we being penalized if there are no 'regular' seats available in Y cabin?
If you search the AC/AE forum for seat selection you will find:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...n-booking.html

If you search on AC.com you will find:

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...rredseats.html

This is a much talked about problem in this forum (inability to select preferred seats on AE bookings). Please call AC, not AE, tell them you are SE and if you don't get an idiot they will book you all preferred seats. If you get an idiot HUCA.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 2:17 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
As previously posted - just call AC. I had the same issue this summer and had no issue getting the seats assigned. The AC agent did indicate that the AE agent should have been able to do it but apparently not.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 5:08 am
Flying Blue Director

If you still have issues, please send me a PM or email ([email protected]) with your PNR, and I'll try and help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.