Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gate control going automated

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2014, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Gate control going automated

Just told that gate procedures change soon to fully automated gate control. The same system that auto-offloads missed cnx's will now process upgrades. GA's will never touch gate-ups again, nor will they be able to manually.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Oh goodie. Looking forward to another flawless AC IT execution.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 5:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Last time the upgrade list was screwed up, it was "The system screwed up, and it's too late to fix it now because the other person already boarded."

Now it will be "The system screwed up, and we can't override it."

Great
Old Apr 23, 2014, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow

Surely someone can override it. But not gate agents one would think. Maybe concierges? Otherwise what are they good for?
Old Apr 23, 2014, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Last time the upgrade list was screwed up, it was "The system screwed up, and it's too late to fix it now because the other person already boarded."

Great
So you believe this information? Only 3 staffers told me.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 7:36 pm

Programs: Free Agent
should this occur and work, dare to dream that the upgrade list would be posted for all to see a la UA and DL...
Old Apr 23, 2014, 7:42 pm

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
Originally Posted by canolakid
should this occur and work, dare to dream that the upgrade list would be posted for all to see a la UA and DL...
that was my first thought also.... It was a cold winter so hell could have froze over.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 7:52 pm
CT1

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Plat, Aeroplan dDiamond
Originally Posted by danapop
that was my first thought also.... It was a cold winter so hell could have froze over.
Lol. Yeah I have a YEG-YYZ segment tomorrow and am on waitlist - J=1, fingers crossed...would be nice to know how many MMs are ahead! Albeit only on a G fare this time...
Old Apr 23, 2014, 8:04 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Dorian
Just told that gate procedures change soon to fully automated gate control. The same system that auto-offloads missed cnx's will now process upgrades. GA's will never touch gate-ups again, nor will they be able to manually.
What other procedures are part of gate control? i.e. will stand-by, IDB for oversold flights etc. become automated? Or is that already the case.

The optimistic side of me wants to take this info. coupled with the AC survery about upgrade lists and think that AC may eventually be more transparent about upgrades.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 8:10 pm

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
Originally Posted by yvr76
What other procedures are part of gate control? i.e. will stand-by, IDB for oversold flights etc. become automated? Or is that already the case.

The optimistic side of me wants to take this info. coupled with the AC survery about upgrade lists and think that AC may eventually be more transparent about upgrades.
I dont understand the rationale for AC to hide upgrade information. It causes a lot of headaches for the GA when they are constantly asked "Where am I on the upgrade list" etc etc. Just post it. There is literally nothing to lose...
Old Apr 23, 2014, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
An upgrade? "I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that."
Old Apr 23, 2014, 9:03 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by yvr76

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT4_Fefew78
Old Apr 23, 2014, 9:14 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM
Originally Posted by CT1
Lol. Yeah I have a YEG-YYZ segment tomorrow and am on waitlist - J=1, fingers crossed...would be nice to know how many MMs are ahead! Albeit only on a G fare this time...
What time ? I'm upgraded already
Old Apr 23, 2014, 9:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
So you believe this information? Only 3 staffers told me.
I think you're confusing me with someone else.

I absolutely believe you were told this by someone you trust to have accurate information.

Whether any delays will creep in is another matter, but not really relevant to the end result of this happening.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 9:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: S100KMM,SPG Platinum,Fairmont Platinum
I've been told that the Concierge will still have full access to offloads, rebooking, missed CNX and upgrades etc. So essentially nothing changes.^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.