Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Complimentary Guest Pass to Maple Leaf Lounge with reward redemption

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complimentary Guest Pass to Maple Leaf Lounge with reward redemption

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2014, 1:12 pm

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Any more of these passes kicking around? Just managed to book a reward to visit family in NL for (Canadian!) thanksgiving.. doing a bit of a milk run across the country each way.. fun fun!

Ron.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 6:03 pm

Programs: TK*S, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by newfbc
Any more of these passes kicking around? Just managed to book a reward to visit family in NL for (Canadian!) thanksgiving.. doing a bit of a milk run across the country each way.. fun fun!

Ron.
I have one of the passes that came with the TD aeroplan credit card. It needs to be used within Canada on an aeroplan reward. If you're interested, pm me with your details and I will try to get it out to you in time to use it.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 8:49 am

I am also looking for some lounge passes as we booked a reward flight with my parents who are missing a pass leaving September 3rd.

We will be in both Halifax and Montreal airports for at least 3 hours to use them.

I'm also located in Ottawa to pick them up!
Old Oct 27, 2014, 9:51 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
How strict are the dragons on enforcing the AE reward condition of the pass? I wanted to give one to my dad who is doing YWG-YVR on a reward, but not an AE one (and he doesn't have an AE-affiliated CC).
Old Oct 27, 2014, 10:37 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by heraclitus
How strict are the dragons on enforcing the AE reward condition of the pass? I wanted to give one to my dad who is doing YWG-YVR on a reward, but not an AE one (and he doesn't have an AE-affiliated CC).
There's a sign right at the counter that explicitly states that those are only for Aeroplan reward tickets, so I'd say his chances are slim to none.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 10:51 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by tireman77
There's a sign right at the counter that explicitly states that those are only for Aeroplan reward tickets, so I'd say his chances are slim to none.
Thanks for the info, he can't say I didn't try.

Sorry pops, looks like I'll be using that pass!
Old Oct 27, 2014, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA:Plat, MR:GLD, HH:SLV
Originally Posted by tireman77
I've got one of those passes from the CIBC AP CC. If an AC award ticket was obtained via *A points (more specifically from UA miles), is the pass still valid or they check whether the ticket was actually issued from AP points?

In other words - assuming I have an (X-fare) reward ticket, does it really matter whether AP points were used (vs US miles)? TIA.

Last edited by Eracine; Oct 27, 2014 at 3:00 pm Reason: Clarified I'm talking about award tix on AC metal
Old Oct 27, 2014, 3:21 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by Eracine
I've got one of those passes from the CIBC AP CC. If an AC award ticket was obtained via *A points (more specifically from UA miles), is the pass still valid or they check whether the ticket was actually issued from AP points?

In other words - assuming I have an (X-fare) reward ticket, does it really matter whether AP points were used (vs US miles)? TIA.
That's a really good question. Honestly I do not know if UA award books in the same class of service as AP does. Or do they base it by class of service and/or who issued the ticket stock.

Someone with better knowledge than me would be better suited to answer.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 1:36 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Booked a an Aeroplan Reward flight to Narita coming up but the flight is on United and has a connection in Chicago. Will I be able to use these passes or no because they are on United?
Old Nov 5, 2014, 1:53 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by kevin825
Booked a an Aeroplan Reward flight to Narita coming up but the flight is on United and has a connection in Chicago. Will I be able to use these passes or no because they are on United?
No. The flight must be operated by AC, AC Express or Rouge.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 5:05 pm

So Does anyone know the answer to that question?
Old Nov 22, 2014, 5:29 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by zssx
So Does anyone know the answer to that question?
I had an award ticket in October redeemed with UA miles with only the first, short (YVR-SEA) portion on AC (and in Y since it was a single class flight). The rest, SFO-NRT, was in C on NH. No problem at all using my two MLL passes that came via my CIBC AP CC. I was expecting some pushback, TBH, since I had used UA miles rather than an AP redemption but no issues whatsoever.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 10:53 am

Programs: UA:Plat, MR:GLD, HH:SLV
Originally Posted by Finkface
I had an award ticket in October redeemed with UA miles [...]. No problem at all using my two MLL passes that came via my CIBC AP CC. I was expecting some pushback, TBH, since I had used UA miles rather than an AP redemption but no issues whatsoever.
Great, good to know & thanks for the info. Now we'll just have to find out whether it's the norm rather than the exception...

I'll experience it firsthand mid-January but wanted to ensure I wouldn't get the infamous "walk of shame" out of the MLL. :-)
Old Nov 23, 2014, 11:16 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Great, good to know & thanks for the info. Now we'll just have to find out whether it's the norm rather than the exception...

I'll experience it firsthand mid-January but wanted to ensure I wouldn't get the infamous "walk of shame" out of the MLL. :-)
Well I was expecting it and was prepared to argue the matter (Mr. Fink was prepared to be mortified and slink out with his tail between his legs). Nowhere on the passes does it say that it must be an award booking using AP miles. It just says that one must be on an award ticket. I don't have the passes anymore but you can read the actual verbiage yourself. Maybe even post it here for others' opinions. But I remember that I felt confident I was on solid ground based on the wording on the passes.

Last edited by Finkface; Nov 23, 2014 at 11:22 am Reason: Bad speeling
Old Nov 23, 2014, 12:00 pm

Programs: AC UA TK FI DL
Originally Posted by Finkface
Well I was expecting it and was prepared to argue the matter (Mr. Fink was prepared to be mortified and slink out with his tail between his legs). Nowhere on the passes does it say that it must be an award booking using AP miles. It just says that one must be on an award ticket. I don't have the passes anymore but you can read the actual verbiage yourself. Maybe even post it here for others' opinions. But I remember that I felt confident I was on solid ground based on the wording on the passes.
I think you got very lucky.
These are the terms and conditions, stated on the pass:

When visiting a Maple Leaf Lounge, this pass is valid in conjunction with a confirmed same-day departing Aeroplan ClassicFlight or Market Fare flight reward ticket for a scheduled flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express or Air Canada Rouge. This pass is not valid with any other airline.

Note to Air Canada Agent: (separate box at bottom)
Please ensure customer is traveling on an Aeroplan Flight Reward, then void and return redeemed guest passes to Maple Leaf Lounge - YUL 1267.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.