Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Points.com 15% transfer bonus to AP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points.com 15% transfer bonus to AP

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2012, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Strange, keep us posted? I didn't know they had different redemption ratio for members living in different areas (regions?)
I will, I am still waiting for a response, I was given a reference number for the defect(I am thinking) thats what it is unless they are playing hanky panky.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Just a quick question, 2 of us converted 50000 AE points(each) to USAir miles program, I recieved 36000 but my friend got 40K. What gives?
Hope you get it figured out- but I am curious: why convert your AE points to US Air when you can redeem AE points for US Air flights? Is there a better redemption with direct US Air reward bookings?
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pokee
Hope you get it figured out- but I am curious: why convert your AE points to US Air when you can redeem AE points for US Air flights? Is there a better redemption with direct US Air reward bookings?
RT from North America to North Asia. 90k US vs. 125k AP.
Also very good for transferring and taking advantage of share promo from US this month.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by pokee
Check out the fees on US airways redemptions versus same flights on AE! YQ!
Old Oct 23, 2012, 5:06 am

Programs: MPC -> QFF
Originally Posted by yerffej201
RT from North America to North Asia. 90k US vs. 125k AP.
Also very good for transferring and taking advantage of share promo from US this month.
Is there any way to search for partner awards on the US Dividend Miles website? It doesn't seem to want to show me any...
Old Oct 23, 2012, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Points dot com called and will gave me the difference in what I am missing, wow, imagine if I did not do 2 transfers from 2 different account I would never have caught this discrepancy or anomaly.

Yes USAir has a promo now, if you buy(only targeted) or share(for all) points you get double points. Also any Dividend Miles redemptions on Star Flights do not incur the SCAMsurcharge!!!
Old Oct 23, 2012, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fluffydot
Is there any way to search for partner awards on the US Dividend Miles website? It doesn't seem to want to show me any...
Site doesn't show partner space. You'll have to use call center.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fluffydot
You need Aeroplan and ANA to check availability.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 4:18 pm

Programs: BAEC, A*A, SW RR
has anyone done this recently? is it still possible to take advantage of this trick? its not showing up for me, but i maybe looking in the wrong place
Old Jan 2, 2013, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSYnola
has anyone done this recently? is it still possible to take advantage of this trick? its not showing up for me, but i maybe looking in the wrong place
Promos are either targeted or some apply to all members, if you dont see it means there is no promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.