Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread: Flyers seeking eUpgrade credits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master thread: Flyers seeking eUpgrade credits

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2012, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SEs supporting Es with extraE-credits seems to be a better deal than possibly Es helping SEs with Extra E-credits.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:28 am

Programs: MPC Green, AC Tangerine :)
with the change this year you can only be the nominee of one top tier member, choose VERY wisely, not only do you use up one of your nominee spots, but that nominee can only be upgraded by you for the rest of the benefit year (or by themselves or if they are on the same PNR as you)
Old Mar 31, 2012, 6:38 am

Programs: A3 G, SPG, Fairmount
Originally Posted by wwtsang
with the change this year you can only be the nominee of one top tier member, choose VERY wisely, not only do you use up one of your nominee spots, but that nominee can only be upgraded by you for the rest of the benefit year (or by themselves or if they are on the same PNR as you)
...which is why many FTer's told AC management at past mini do's that we actually prefered the old paper certs that we could exchange or gift to anyone we wanted.

I never understood the logic of restricting the number of nominees. Wait... AC wants SE's to lapse ooodles of ecredits ! It makes this enhancement all the more profitable. Now I get it
Old Mar 31, 2012, 2:30 pm

Programs: MPC Green, AC Tangerine :)
Originally Posted by Global guy
...which is why many FTer's told AC management at past mini do's that we actually prefered the old paper certs that we could exchange or gift to anyone we wanted.

I never understood the logic of restricting the number of nominees. Wait... AC wants SE's to lapse ooodles of ecredits ! It makes this enhancement all the more profitable. Now I get it
the limit prevents individuals from buying eCredits to upgrade themselves, and screws over families who are top tiers who now need a lot more planning if they want to share credits

nominees is a good new idea that allows upgrades without the top tiers being present, hopefully they can find a good balance
Old Apr 2, 2012, 6:28 am

Programs: A3 G, SPG, Fairmount
Originally Posted by wwtsang
the limit prevents individuals from buying eCredits to upgrade themselves, and screws over families who are top tiers who now need a lot more planning if they want to share credits

nominees is a good new idea that allows upgrades without the top tiers being present, hopefully they can find a good balance
Indeed it is a question of balance.
Old May 29, 2012, 6:53 am

I am short credits to UG myself on 858 (YYZ-LHR) next Monday: am E and travelling on a T+ fare. I'd greatly appreciate a "loan" of 14 credits - this flight will push me over a threshhold so can return the favour in a week or so when my new credits post (will then have 16 credits).

Cheers
Old May 29, 2012, 8:02 am

Programs: AC Prestige, PC Platinum
its a longshot but...

I will be flying from FRA - YUL on Thurs, May 31st - AC875. Since im Prestige, and flying in T+ I can't upgrade myself.

I do have 20Credits for this year (still with open spot for nominee), which can be used on all T+ NA fares. So if someone can eup me for this flight, i will gladly exchange it for my credits!!

PM me please
Old Jun 9, 2012, 11:42 am

Programs: no status
I will be flying YQR-YVR-YYZ-ZRH on June 12, looking for upgrade on AC180 and/or AC878, though there is probably no R space left anyway. I have Prestige status with all those valuble eupgrades available for trade and no assigned nominee.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 4:24 pm

I'm an Elite, likely making SE for next year.

Currently, I have 72 eUps.

By mid-July, I'll have 82 eUps.

By mid-Sep (maybe mid-Oct), I'll have 102 eUps.

All eUps expire Feb 28, 2013.

I can't use any of these, so I'm offering them up for sale/exchange or any other suggestions you might have. I travel on my own dime (which is largely to Asia) and if only it was possible...would swap my eUps for aeroplan points at some fair exchange rate. I know we can't simply transfer eUps or Aeroplan points. I don't know what the mechanism would be, but again, hoping an opportunistic person would have a creative idea. Maybe it'll involve me nominating someone and s/he using their points to get me a reward tix...of course, amounts, taxes, upgrade windows, valuations all have to be fair...but since I can't use these eUps anyways, they're clearly not very valuable to me.

Some additional background info:

- I have to fly to Asia several times per year...and increasingly so in the next 2 years....all on my own dime.

- Since the TPAC tango plus mess at AC, I'm currently flying UA crediting Aeroplan until I make SE. I don't mind paying the T+ premium next year, but only with a good chance of upgrade...which SE status would provide.

- I'm not switching to UA Mileage Plus because my day-to-day spending (particularly on Amex and CIBC aeroplan cards) would not add points to a MP account.

Any ideas/offers, let me know!
Old Jun 29, 2012, 9:50 am

i need 7 credits. anybody wanna make a deal? or i could give you back 8 for 7 or something? no security but my word i guess, but i'll be grtting another schwack of them soon.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 8:37 pm

Seeking 34 miles

Hi,

I am seeking a large number of eupgrades. I am looking to book a round trip home from BNE to YYZ in August during my three week break from school. I would need 17 each way.

If there are people looking at opportunities to get rid/sell miles, I go to school in Australia with many Canadians that would likely be interested in this kind of opportunity.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 7:26 am

Programs: Aeroplan,Hilton Honors Gold,Marriot Gold,PC Platinum
Eupgrade credits

Where Can I buy some Eupgrade credits? I want to upgrade from Heathrow to Toronto but Im 6 credits short

Thanks
Old Aug 24, 2012, 7:46 am

Programs: 100K
Rules from AC:

eUpgrade Credits are not redeemable for cash or other consideration and may not be bartered or sold.
Air Canada will consider void any eUpgrade Credits that have been bartered or sold. Air Canada reserves the right to terminate the Top Tier privileges of members who sell or barter their eUpgrade Credits.
eUpgrade Credits are the property of Air Canada.

Only way is to get them gifted to you.

Last edited by rumblefox; Aug 24, 2012 at 7:53 am
Old Aug 24, 2012, 7:53 am

Programs: Aeroplan,Hilton Honors Gold,Marriot Gold,PC Platinum
So where can I trade for some credits? Is that even possible?
Old Aug 24, 2012, 7:56 am

Programs: 100K
You can't without violating the program... You'll just need to find a willing benefactor

Originally Posted by Tappers39
So where can I trade for some credits? Is that even possible?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.