Wiki Posts
Search

Q Re: Avios award booked on EI

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2014, 2:58 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by dvdapex
economy.

What's API? Passanger Info? If so, 2/4 of our travelling party don't have passports yet. Can we still schedule seat assignments before that?
Yes its Advanced Passenger Info.

I'm sure you can do the seating, the point I was making was that you'll be forced to phoned them to do the API, so might as well do the seating at the same time. API does however involve passport info.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 9:28 am

Programs: WN A-List Preferred & CP
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Anyone figured out if OLCI is possible for this? Phone check-in at T-24? Something to just let them know ASAP that I'm going to be there?!
Wondering the same thing...
Old Dec 20, 2014, 12:02 am

looking to book an intra-EU flight on EI using avios (ORK-LHR). is it really €30 to check a bag (flying in June 2015)? if so, i might as well just buy the ticket
Old Dec 20, 2014, 5:32 am

Programs: DL PM; Marriott Plat; Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by w000t
looking to book an intra-EU flight on EI using avios (ORK-LHR). is it really €30 to check a bag (flying in June 2015)? if so, i might as well just buy the ticket
I don't see your logic. If you buy the ticket you have to pay for the ticket and €30 to check a bag.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by rcurry01
I don't see your logic. If you buy the ticket you have to pay for the ticket and €30 to check a bag.
if i buy the ticket on EI, the fare is €45 + €30 to check a bag whereas booking with avios costs 4500 + $64.51 YQ + potential $25 phone booking fee. i might as well buy a revenue ticket, especially if booking with avios comes with no baggage allowance
Old Dec 20, 2014, 6:45 pm

I don't think you will pay YQ on an EI booking, only taxes. I have also never seen inter-European and UK inventory available on EI at the Y redemption level. (Granted I don't look this up too often.) I have seen EI J inventory available even though EI do no offer a J product.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by rcurry01
I don't think you will pay YQ on an EI booking, only taxes. I have also never seen inter-European and UK inventory available on EI at the Y redemption level. (Granted I don't look this up too often.) I have seen EI J inventory available even though EI do no offer a J product.
i'm not sure what the breakdown was but that's what I was quoted when i called BA (there was availability for june 2015). i think i'll just buy a revenue ticket instead of wasting 4500 avios.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 7:41 pm

If that were the breakdown, I would buy a revenue ticket too.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
You're comparing apples with oranges. Reward fares are fully flexible up to 24 hours before departure. The revenue fare carries a €40 + fare difference change fee.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by stifle
You're comparing apples with oranges. Reward fares are fully flexible up to 24 hours before departure. The revenue fare carries a €40 + fare difference change fee.
But at least for EI, you'll pay a telephone fee to book, and to cancel if needed. I'm not sure if they also charge the phone fee to make changes to an Avios award.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.