Wiki Posts
Search

Q Re: Avios award booked on EI

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2013, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium

I was (happily) able to book seats on BOS>DUB RT using Avios thru BA. Having received my confirmation from BA, I used Amadeus to determine the corresponding EI confirmation number.

I am trying somehow to use it on the Aer Lingus website, looking forward to online check-in, and just to get us in the Aer Lingus system, but I can't get it to do anything but say I have to transact any business with the selling agency.

Is there a workaround? Perhaps my email (part of the identification process) isn't in their system (even though it's attached to the BA confirm?) Should I bother, or will this never happen?

Thanks!
Old Apr 8, 2013, 4:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
Have you tried aerlingus.com > Manage Booking > Select Seats and clicked on the "Bookings made with our call centre, a travel agent or other airline (To and/or from the USA/Canada only)." option?
Old Apr 8, 2013, 6:31 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by colmc
Have you tried aerlingus.com > Manage Booking > Select Seats and clicked on the "Bookings made with our call centre, a travel agent or other airline (To and/or from the USA/Canada only)." option?
well spotted colmc i never saw that before. Ive always thought i had to call Gold Circle to get seats assigned when i book with expedia to/from USA. Very handy to know. Thanks ^^
Old Apr 8, 2013, 9:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
It's not been 100% reliable in my experience, but worth always worth try! (and yes, if all else fails, a phonecall will work)
Old Apr 9, 2013, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium
Thanks for the suggestion...still no go; didn't work with either BA or EI confirmation...

I thought I would be able to add PP and other traveler info online. Do they really want us to call and read passport info to them over the phone? Seems like a fair chance of miss-spelling names, etc...
Old Sep 20, 2013, 11:09 am

Did you ever figure this out?
Old Sep 20, 2013, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Other posters have suggested that seat reservations, if they can be made at all, do not stick for Avios bookings.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Other posters have suggested that seat reservations, if they can be made at all, do not stick for Avios bookings.
So we're just stuck with whatever EI gives us? Will I at least get to sit together with my wife? I don't really care where on the plane we sit as long as we sit together on one of the 2-seat sides.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 3:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold

Hmmm..I was able to assign seats in Ei premier simply by asking the Ba exec club person on the phone to do it.
So far they have stuck,travelling next month,and pre flight care have confirmed this.

Failing that,send an email to [email protected] and they will sort it for you.
Include,the names travelling, the dates,pnr etc in the email
Old Sep 20, 2013, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by Earthman
Hmmm..I was able to assign seats in Ei premier simply by asking the Ba exec club person on the phone to do it.
So far they have stuck,travelling next month,and pre flight care have confirmed this.

Failing that,send an email to [email protected] and they will sort it for you.
Include,the names travelling, the dates,pnr etc in the email
Did you ask to assign seats when you called to book the EI flight in the first place?

So as I was dialing BAEC I realized they'd probably charge the taxes/fees to my credit card now. Do I need to use a card with no Forex fee? And, does that card still need to be valid when we fly? I have no plans to hold onto the Chase BA card til next summer, as the annual fee will be due in July or August. The only card I know for a fact I'll still have is my fee free Freedom card.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 1:46 am

Programs: BA Gold
As a U.S member,You'll be paying in dollars so for ex fees won't apply.The card doesn't need to be valid when you fly,but hold onto it.
Yes we asked for seats when booking,but initially I was able to use the Ei tool for bookings made by agents as well.
When we changed a sector,we could no longer do that but Ba's assigned seats stuck and confirmed by customer care.

Last edited by Earthman; Sep 21, 2013 at 2:49 am
Old Sep 21, 2013, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Earthman
As a U.S member,You'll be paying in dollars so for ex fees won't apply.The card doesn't need to be valid when you fly,but hold onto it.
Yes we asked for seats when booking,but initially I was able to use the Ei tool for bookings made by agents as well.
When we changed a sector,we could no longer do that but Ba's assigned seats stuck and confirmed by customer care.
Thanks, I'll go ahead and call BAEC to book.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 12:34 pm

Hi Colm. We booked EI DUB-MCO with United (codeshare) and, despite correct EI confirmation numbers (from EI), we were unable to do the above. Just phoned EI directly and they booked the requested seats immediately. Good luck OP!
Old Sep 23, 2013, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
Thanks, I'll go ahead and call BAEC to book.
So I called and booked our awards and I have BA and EI confirmation numbers, but I don't have any email confirmation yet. I called about an hour ago. How long does it take to get email confirmation?
Old Sep 24, 2013, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by Superorb
So I called and booked our awards and I have BA and EI confirmation numbers, but I don't have any email confirmation yet. I called about an hour ago. How long does it take to get email confirmation?
Recently did the same. Took a while to get the email, but after many hours it came and all was good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.