Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Email Introducing AERCLUB

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2016, 9:57 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Aer Club has its own Twitter

https://twitter.com/AerClub

The logo matches the AerClub one in the emails, so looks legit, setup in 2012...
Old Nov 12, 2016, 1:35 am

Programs: EI Aer Club Platinum; AF/KLM Flying Blue; IHG Rewards Platinum Elite; Hilton Honors Silver.
According to the lady in the DUB GC lounge this morning, tier notification emails will be sent out on 14 November followed by 2nd email on 29 November inviting you to activate your online account.

She was reading from an email sent to lounge staff from HQ so I'm inclined to believe her.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 3:57 am

Programs: EI Gold
Originally Posted by mb48
According to the lady in the DUB GC lounge this morning, tier notification emails will be sent out on 14 November followed by 2nd email on 29 November inviting you to activate your online account.

She was reading from an email sent to lounge staff from HQ so I'm inclined to believe her.
I was told the same the other day as well.

What I'm thinking (hoping) is that the emails received saying people are on the green tier with zero tier credits is just our accounts being created on the new platform, and they are mapping across flight history from the last twelve months on the 14th which will then actually determine the tier you're on.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 2:20 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hertz - President's Circle
I have a number of GC points that are due to expire on 31st Dec 2016, I wonder will the transfer to Avios "reset the clock" so to speak on the normal expiry rules, anyone heard anything on that?

P.S. Does anyone actually believe we'll get the tier notification emails today, the suspense is killing me
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:39 am

Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
Originally Posted by EIFREZY
I have a number of GC points that are due to expire on 31st Dec 2016, I wonder will the transfer to Avios "reset the clock" so to speak on the normal expiry rules, anyone heard anything on that?

P.S. Does anyone actually believe we'll get the tier notification emails today, the suspense is killing me
I was in the lounge this morning and the lady on the desk told me that today was the day. Currently Elite and will make Elite again based on current plus future already booked travel. I hope they don't move the goalposts.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 8:57 am

Emails are going out now. Green for me. I was only at applicant status in GC.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Got the mail.

Green as expected. Can't log in yet.

16-digit membership numbers. Oh dear!!!
Old Nov 14, 2016, 9:00 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Platinum

^^^
Old Nov 14, 2016, 9:12 am

"we're rewarding you with a special Tier Credit bonus" ooh, a bonus! that's awfully vague though. Absolutely no information what this bonus is and it shows I currently have 0 tier credits so...
Old Nov 14, 2016, 9:16 am

Programs: Gold Circle
Concierge now - was Elite this year - relief, I thought I was very tight on the required points!
Old Nov 14, 2016, 9:21 am

Programs: EI Aer Club Platinum; AF/KLM Flying Blue; IHG Rewards Platinum Elite; Hilton Honors Silver.
Should I be worried I haven't received the email yet?
Old Nov 14, 2016, 9:28 am

Programs: EI AC Silver, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by mb48
Should I be worried I haven't received the email yet?
Well nothing for me either if that helps.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 9:32 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hertz - President's Circle
Originally Posted by MBDublin
Well nothing for me either if that helps.
Nothing for me yet either.

Does the email give you any info about how they came to the decision, or any info about criteria going forward?
Old Nov 14, 2016, 9:45 am

They have to email thousands of folks and for each they have a run a process to scan your 12 month history and import and decide what you get

There may even be a human check if someone is getting dropped a tier
Old Nov 14, 2016, 10:00 am

Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
Currently Elite but dropped to Plat. I am surprised as my points under the existing club for both flights travelled and bookings made but not yet travelled amount to 9000 GC points to end February 2017. My Elite membership runs out at end May 2017. I just did a quick tot and my rolling points from 1 Nov 2015 to 30 Oct to 2016 amounted to 9300 gc points. I will be interested in understanding my new level and it seems a bit of a mystery at present.

Last edited by trustno1; Nov 14, 2016 at 11:13 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.