Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles for involuntary reissue

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2016, 3:53 am
Original Poster

Miles for involuntary reissue

Cheers to all of you! I am an A3 frequent flyer and would like to get some miles from some TK flights but there is an issue.

I am flying TK at end December to SEZ via IST and the initial ticket was in W class - a promo class that gives you 0 miles on A3 Miles and Bonus.

But, TK change the timetable to SEZ and the reissue would be made on a higher class but Involuntary (so, 0 euro will be paid).

I will be able to collect miles according to the new class of service or A3 will credit miles according to the initial class?

Thank you in advance for answers!
Cristian
Old Nov 11, 2016, 4:27 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
airclicks, a very warm welcome to FT and the A3 board. It's great to see you here, and hopefully we can help with your query.

We really need to know what fare bucket TK has re-issued your ticket into. A3 will always credit what is reported to them by TK, which in this case will be the actual flights you take. Any deviations caused by operational disruptions need to be investigated and corrected manually, but that won't arise here because your original fare was not mileage earning anyway, and this change has presumably been notified to you well in advance.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 8:39 am

If the new fare bucket is earning miles, you will likely earn those miles.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Hi and thank you for the very warm welcome and your answer!

The reissue will be done in T RBD round trip. According to A3 website I will be getting 70% of the miles flown, so arround 6000 miles (flight is OTP-SEZ/SEZ-OTP via IST).

Cheers!
Cristi

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
airclicks, a very warm welcome to FT and the A3 board. It's great to see you here, and hopefully we can help with your query.

We really need to know what fare bucket TK has re-issued your ticket into. A3 will always credit what is reported to them by TK, which in this case will be the actual flights you take. Any deviations caused by operational disruptions need to be investigated and corrected manually, but that won't arise here because your original fare was not mileage earning anyway, and this change has presumably been notified to you well in advance.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 9:10 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Ah well, consider yourself a very lucky FTer! As sokolov said, expect these flights to earn at 70%.

A celebration in the rather nice TK lounge in IST seems very much in order in the circumstances ...
Old Nov 12, 2016, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Guys, thanks a lot for the answers!

As for Business Lounge, the new timetable means 6 hours between flights and I am thinking to ask them for complimentary access

Now, what I need to start calculating is how to get fast to Gold. Yes, I know there is another thread for that and I am looking for it reopening
Old Nov 12, 2016, 2:50 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by airclicks
Guys, thanks a lot for the answers!

As for Business Lounge, the new timetable means 6 hours between flights and I am thinking to ask them for complimentary access

Now, what I need to start calculating is how to get fast to Gold. Yes, I know there is another thread for that and I am looking for it reopening
The fastest way to get gold is to get 36000 miles with 6 OA/A3 flights. But first you need to read silver by getting 12000 miles and 2 OA/A3 flights then 4 A3/OA with 24k miles. For conservative method you can use SAS,ET,SQ,TG where you get 100% miles for most Y tickets.

If cost is not a factor, you can buy premium fare such as AC,LX,SA in J which gives you 200% miles to speed up the process.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 3:35 am
Original Poster

So, just came back from the TK trip and I got the miles for the service class that ticket was reissue - for the outbound service. The inbound should be credited tomorrow.

As I will be silver, now it's the moment to pass to Gold!

A quick upgrade can be done with SAS Premium Economy which gave me 200% miles per segment in A class. Unfortunately, From Bucharest or Athens to any Asian destination there is almost impossible to connect with SAS!

And for US or Canada I still need a visa!

Any other ideas for quick jump to Gold? (the thread here was good, but still under review! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegea...-deals-11.html)

Cheers!
C

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.