Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 20, 2015, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: headingwest
Please report all A3 mileage runs in this thread. These should be unusually good fares, not regularly available ones. If listing another airline other than A3/OA, please detail.

Categories are broken down by country of initial departure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Format as:

Date added - Departing airport - Intermediate Airport(s) - (Re)-arrival airport - Fare bucket - dates - miles earned - cost - cost per mile in local currency (or Euros) - (Airline)

e.g.

July 2015 - LHR-ATH-BRU-ATH-LHR - P - 12-19 Oct 2015 - 4226m - £108 - 2.56p/mile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

May 2016 - ARN-CPH-IAD-CPH-ARN - A (Premium Y) - 18969m - 27-31 Oct 2016 - 690 Euros - 3.7cpm - SK (Other starting points, e.g OSL, SVG very similar)

Print Wikipost

Aegean Mileage Runs & Deals

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2016, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by sokolov
                                So how can we have the discussion if we should follow the established model of annual threads (like the big threads in the Mileage Run Deals forum) or if we prefer moderators to periodically check deals for availability and eventually delete postings?
                                Well, some general issues here, even if small:

- So how can we have the discussion... We've had so many discussions without telling our mods what to do and the rules haven't changed. So?

- ...follow the established model of annual threads... I've been around for so many years and I really don't understand what is meant by "annual threads". As for big threads, I'd really like to know why and how many FTers actually read all 150 previous posts in this thread to determine whether there was a really good deal a few years back on a given itin.

- ...if we prefer moderators... How can we establish what "we" prefer?

- ...to check deals... Is it up to "us" to determine what the mods' tasks are?
                                Old Jun 6, 2016, 2:12 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, KL Gold
                                Originally Posted by KLouis
                                Well, some general issues here, even if small:

- So how can we have the discussion... We've had so many discussions without telling our mods what to do and the rules haven't changed. So?
                                Well, it seems that the wind of change is not blowing in a direction I like. As someone who contributed quite a bit to the wiki in the past, I will certainly stop doing so, so I wonder how those with absolute powers intend to motivate the people who they think should do the work for them when they alienate them by deleting their work nilly willy. Is that a mod's job these days? How do you take ownership of something when you have no say???

Now feel free to go ahead and block me. Not sure I'd lose much.
                                Old Jun 6, 2016, 2:23 am
                                Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
                                Thread locked pending review by the mod team. We will re-open as soon as possible after discussion and clean-up.

/mod

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.