Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Delivery dates for the new cards [2015-16 transition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delivery dates for the new cards [2015-16 transition]

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2016, 10:15 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Just adding a datapoint.
The card of a friend expired APR24 and the new card arrived today, MAY20. New expiry date is APR24 2017. Miles enough for requalification was earned several months earlier.

So the process is unchanged. Cards will only be renewed upon "new years" of your membership year. Validity is set to the exakt day when next membership year ends. Cards are only sent to manufacturing process after a new membership year has started, and takes 4-5 weeks to arrive.

As long as this process is unchanged, every renewing member will be without a valid physical card for around 1 month per year.
Old May 20, 2016, 12:25 pm

I thought i had an idea what the reason for shortening the status on the card may be. My line of thinking was - maybe, just maybe, Aegean is going to phase out the plastic cards altogether, and switch completely to the digital card - hence the problems with distribution of the new cards will be nonexistent on the next requalification.

Intuition's post brings some doubts to this scenerio, but then again - it's Greece we're talking about after all, so everything is possible ;-)
Old May 23, 2016, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by jackebofh
...but then again - it's Greece we're talking about after all, so everything is possible ;-)
How true! Started a week-long vacation on an Ionian island last Friday, it was pouring rain and winds for 24 hours and temperatures around 14 Celsius. And this, in the end of May.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.