Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 2, 2015, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Known issues with retro claim

Gold/Silver M&B Seat Upgrade Coupon
Sectors upgraded with Gold seat upgrade coupon are rebooked into I. Early upgrades did not credit automatically and had to be reclaimed, usually by telephone. As of May 2015, auto-crediting generally appears to work. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus/1632081-seat-upgrade-coupons.html for details.

Non-air miles
The retro claim for non-air miles (like booking.com) was lost in the system upgrade. There is currently no online tool to retro claim these miles.
Print Wikipost

Issues with retro claim

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2015, 4:29 pm

Has anyone been getting this error message?

: Your request is within the accrual period for this specific airline.

I'm trying to retro claim my recent 4 A3 upgraded sectors. I don't understand why the error message says that my request is within the accrual period and why that's an error.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:07 am

Programs: A3 *G
I got it a few days ago when trying to retroclaim an A3 flight as well as one on OA. I took it to mean that I was claiming "too soon" and the waiting period to see if the miles would automatically credit had not elapsed. I tried again the next day and the claim was accepted (although I haven't actually seen the miles yet).
Old Jan 30, 2015, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by Knobbgb
I got it a few days ago when trying to retroclaim an A3 flight as well as one on OA. I took it to mean that I was claiming "too soon" and the waiting period to see if the miles would automatically credit had not elapsed. I tried again the next day and the claim was accepted (although I haven't actually seen the miles yet).
Fair enough. I'll try again in a couple days, and report back.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 1:35 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
What is the official waiting period? The website doesn't actually seem to mention one.

I received the same error message trying to claim an LH flight in full Y. From the two LH segments only one posted. I am wondering if this has something to do with the IT changes LH is pushing through: At checkin I noticed one BP had A*G on it, the other A*P. The lady mentioned that LH is introducing a new system in phases, where some flights are on the old and some on the new system. This would be causing such different behaviour for different flights/segments.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 1:37 am

Programs: LH Senator,*A Gold, IHG Gold Ambassador, AB Gold, One World Sapphire, Accor Gold, A3 Gold
You raise what I think may be a very valid point because when I left Milan in October for Frankfurt the LH lady mentioned that the LH system was new and they could not do things in the way they could previously. Right now I have acheived Gold again on A3 but I'm crediting the rest of the years flights to LH since I'm not sure what is up with A3.
Would it not be ironic if it turns out to be LH's fault !!!!
Still a little communication would have gone a long long way............
Old Jan 31, 2015, 3:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by flyer05
Has anyone been getting this error message?

: Your request is within the accrual period for this specific airline.

I'm trying to retro claim my recent 4 A3 upgraded sectors. I don't understand why the error message says that my request is within the accrual period and why that's an error.
Anyone who tried retroclaiming on the old website (before november 24 when they changed to the new system,) will remember that whenever making a retroclaim within 14 days of the flight, it always said (for every airline) to please wait until 14 days after the flight until retroclaiming.
(Even though recently i managed to retroclaim a swiss flight 3 days after the flight.)
Old Jan 31, 2015, 8:47 pm

i have always had good experiences with retro claim. i never file myself and always call in and get the customer service representative to file it. UA flights usually appear 48-72 hrs later. done this 3 times.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 3:23 am

Programs: A3 *G
The retro claim attempts I mentioned above, where it failed one day and worked the next, were six and seven days after the flight so I guess that gives a guide.

I have a retro claim outstanding against a SAS flight seven weeks ago. I filed the claim three weeks after the flight and have still heard nothing nearly four weeks later, so it's not just LH that they are having issues with.

Interestingly, when I tried to re-file the claim I got the message: ": Your request already exist." - so it seems it's at least queued waiting to be actioned. I guess that's reassuring. I think...

TBH, I get the impression that the whole system is suspended (on my account at least) as I have made several flights in January and none have credited at all - even "simple" A3 flights with no upgrades or other complications.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 4:00 am

Programs: A3*G
I am still waiting for some flight from beginning of November, which I retroclaimed a couple of weeks ago. These were AC flights, but all other flights since have posted (both Aegean and other).
I also hope they will make it possible to retroclaim non-airline miles soon, because I still need to get award miles from there.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 9:32 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I'm still waiting for two SAS flights from back in June 2014, LOL.

Also, still waiting for two A3 flights from mid-January to post.

Getting "Your request already exist" on all four....
Old Feb 1, 2015, 3:07 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by skrosvik
I'm still waiting for two SAS flights from back in June 2014, LOL.

Also, still waiting for two A3 flights from mid-January to post.

Getting "Your request already exist" on all four....
When you get that message the webpage is not doing any new retro claim fo ryou, you need to call A3 and make them re-try the retrocredit manually.

Not that is helps most of the time... SAS flights gets lost very often. When I call SAS, they say "Yes we see all your flight data, all A3 needs to do is claim it" and yet A3 says SAS responded with either "was not onboard this flight", "Airport code does not correspond with ticket" or another incorrect statement.

No clue who's fault it is but I have had to give up on flying SAS and crediting to A3. Lost too many miles this way.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 6:30 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Friend of mine has been trying to claim a UA flight since OCT. A3 has been saying he wasn't on the flight (original flight was canx due to a mech and took the replacement UA flight the following day). the retro claim option keeps getting denied. Other than calling in, is there anything else he can do?
Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:56 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Once the initial automatic web claim is denied, there is no other option than to call. Only the call center can re-initialize the claim.

For an irrops flight, it might be benificial to know how the operating airline filed his flight. So contacting UA and finding out the details could help when A3 makes the new claim. Apparently they not only look for a match on the name of the traveller and the reservations number, they also match the origin, destination, flightnumber etc in the claim.

If the flight is filed under the new flightnumber he must make sure A3 really claims with this new information (instead of just repeating the claim made on the web)
Old Feb 2, 2015, 2:52 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by intuition
Once the initial automatic web claim is denied, there is no other option than to call. Only the call center can re-initialize the claim.

For an irrops flight, it might be benificial to know how the operating airline filed his flight. So contacting UA and finding out the details could help when A3 makes the new claim. Apparently they not only look for a match on the name of the traveller and the reservations number, they also match the origin, destination, flightnumber etc in the claim.

If the flight is filed under the new flightnumber he must make sure A3 really claims with this new information (instead of just repeating the claim made on the web)
Thanks! I'll let him know.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 10:38 pm

Programs: SPG Gold,Amex Cent,IC RA,HH Diamond,Marriott Gold,Hyatt Dia,LH FTL,CX Diam,FB Plat
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
The retro claim attempts I mentioned above, where it failed one day and worked the next, were six and seven days after the flight so I guess that gives a guide.

I have a retro claim outstanding against a SAS flight seven weeks ago. I filed the claim three weeks after the flight and have still heard nothing nearly four weeks later, so it's not just LH that they are having issues with.

Interestingly, when I tried to re-file the claim I got the message: ": Your request already exist." - so it seems it's at least queued waiting to be actioned. I guess that's reassuring. I think...

TBH, I get the impression that the whole system is suspended (on my account at least) as I have made several flights in January and none have credited at all - even "simple" A3 flights with no upgrades or other complications.
I had the same problem with "your request already exists ".Following the advice of this forum,I did a new claim with just another flight date (one day before or after my real flight ),all other dates unchanged-and 5 days later my miles were there.This was LH from October and important for A3 Gold until 24th of November.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.