Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access in CDG T1 with Agean

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2016, 12:58 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Sorry, in order to avoid confusion, my opinion from quite extensive experience there :

- SAS : i avoid at all cost. Small, not so friendly staff, poor selection.
- LH Senator (*A) / LH Business : no window, underground lounge, nice staff but average selection and depressing place imho.
- *A gold lounge : nicely designed, some relaxing corners very quiet, nice food selection (not an Emirates lounge, but more than decent). Really plus for smokers and pax on a long transit : open air terrace. Only minus : need to go through passeport control as the lounge is located in the non-schengen area.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: A3*G
Has anyone flying on A3*G been to CDG recently? I hear we're now only allowed access to SAS and LH Senator lounges and NOT the *A lounge which is much better in every aspect?!
Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by MrArkadin
...{snip}...I hear we're now only allowed access to SAS and LH Senator lounges and NOT the *A lounge...{snip}...
You hear from whom?

PS I just did a search with Staralliance's lounge finder. Flying A3, for both business class and economy/M+BGold it lists the *A lounge.

Last edited by KLouis; Jan 24, 2018 at 11:21 pm Reason: Added info
Old Jan 25, 2018, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by KLouis
You hear from whom?

PS I just did a search with Staralliance's lounge finder. Flying A3, for both business class and economy/M+BGold it lists the *A lounge.
I heard it from a friend who flew recently. He's very new to the FF world so at first I thought he was just confused. What got me worried though is this list from CGD website which doesn't include Aegean in the *A lounge eligible airlines.

Last edited by MrArkadin; Jan 25, 2018 at 3:24 pm
Old Jan 25, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
I heard it from a friend who flew recently. He's very new to the FF world so at first I thought he was just confused. What got me worried though is this list from CGD website which doesn't include Aegean in the *A lounge airlines.
I wouldn't pay too much attention to this. It still lists US Airways as an eligible airline - it hasn't existed in years and before merging with AA it left *A and joined OneWorld, so I wouldn't consider this website a credible source. TAM is also listed even though it's LATAM now. It seems to me the website hasn't been updated in a while.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 8:57 am

Has anyone flying on A3*G been to CDG recently? I hear we're now only allowed access to SAS and LH Senator lounges and NOT the *A lounge which is much better in every aspect?!
False alarm, sorry! I flew from CDG today and visited the *A lounge with no problem. I’ll investigate what went wrong with my friend and report if relevant.

Last edited by MrArkadin; Jan 26, 2018 at 9:31 am
Old Jan 27, 2018, 4:49 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
The CDG generic *A lounge was always a bit of an oddity - it’s run by one of the member airlines (I forget which), but not all member airlines paid for access for their members/Business Class customers, which I think was pretty much unique at the time compared to all the other Star branded facilities worldwide.

That’s why BD*G were denied access in the latter period of the airline’s existence and had to use one of the other member branded lounges. I haven’t heard of a refusal since then though, so it seems more likely that refusal was down to a capacity issue or similar.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 8:39 am

After a few CDG-ATH flights where I used the T1 A* lounge without any problems, last Tuesday I was informed by the check-in agent that I was only allowed to use the SAS lounge by order of the border police (A* lounge is outside Schengen, SAS is in). I ignored the agent's "advise" an visited the lounge with no further trouble.

My friend (also A*G) who took the same flight the next day, was only able to visit the SAS lounge – border police didn't let him through to the non-Schengen area.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
you guys has schengen passport?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by frenchft
you guys has schengen passport?
Yes
Old Jul 13, 2018, 12:32 am

Sounds like a new policy... bad one because I used to love to go smoking to the terrace in this lounge and the SAS lounge (as LX) are depressing like hell.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.