Another amazing A3 flight in business but...

Old Jul 12, 18, 9:06 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Nomad
Programs: A3*G, TK*G, UIA PremEY Silv, CX Silv, Hyatt Diam, , Skyteam Elite+,HH Diam, SPG Plat100, EK Silv
Posts: 1,291
Another amazing A3 flight in business but...

I had some amazing flight in C with Aegean in the previous weeks and it's for sur my favorite airline in Europe in business class.
But I was wondering, they went for cheaper in the last months regarding food no?
No more Octopus or kind of sophisticated first dish and much more "green salad" (not even greek salad) and the same with dessert, more "industrial basic desserts".
Maybe it's just a feeling but overall it was again amazing experience to fly with Aegean. Special mention to FA who was always amazing!

another topic but boarding in Athens is still mess and handler does not care... With the priority boarding for children they board first families (with I can understand when we talk about babies) but families with kids 10/15 years old without status flying economy should be denied priority boarding. My opinion.
frenchft is offline  
Old Jul 12, 18, 2:43 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Wedged somewhere between BTS and VIE ✈
Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold)
Posts: 5,578
I couldn't agree more with the comment on the desserts. From the latest photos in the 'meals thread' the current desserts are definitely a downgrade on the previous 'trio' dessert offering, which was served after the mains were cleared. Sadly some of the wonderful things that made Aegean special are gradually slipping away. Small details I know, but they all make a difference.

The cabin crew have always been brilliant though, so that's a big plus!
headingwest is offline  
Old Jul 12, 18, 7:54 pm
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: YYZ
Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Posts: 13,340
Soon GOLD will be 50,000. Then the mass EXODUS, LOL!!
djjaguar64 is offline  
Old Jul 13, 18, 12:33 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Nomad
Programs: A3*G, TK*G, UIA PremEY Silv, CX Silv, Hyatt Diam, , Skyteam Elite+,HH Diam, SPG Plat100, EK Silv
Posts: 1,291
Originally Posted by djjaguar64 View Post
Soon GOLD will be 50,000. Then the mass EXODUS, LOL!!
For me it's a good thing. You got more informations?
frenchft is offline  
Old Jul 13, 18, 2:30 am
  #5  
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 3,023
Originally Posted by frenchft View Post
another topic but boarding in Athens is still mess and handler does not care... With the priority boarding for children they board first families (with I can understand when we talk about babies) but families with kids 10/15 years old without status flying economy should be denied priority boarding. My opinion.
Totally agree with this, but this does not only happen on Aegean, but also other (mainly) Southern European airlines, e.g. IB, TP, AZ, etc (and South American based airlines) where they put higher priority for families and older/invalid passengers. At times you see up to 5-6 members of the family boarding just because 1 person in the group is in the wheelchair/with baby/old...
I think they should restrict this to at least 2 (chosen) family members to escort the eligible passenger and not the whole group to board.

I know this sounds like a DYKWIA situation, but I believe that it should be reasonable to a certain level when such priority boarding is given to this group.

Cheers!
nldogbert is online now  
Old Jul 13, 18, 2:33 am
  #6  
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 3,023
Originally Posted by djjaguar64 View Post
Soon GOLD will be 50,000. Then the mass EXODUS, LOL!!
Care to share more reliable info on this?

Cheers!
nldogbert is online now  
Old Jul 13, 18, 3:51 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: LON, ATH
Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
Posts: 471
Originally Posted by nldogbert View Post
Care to share more reliable info on this?

Cheers!
I think he is speculating. WIth the current state of the greek economy it's unlikely that they're going to raise the gold thresold that much. I'm more worried about the new star alliance possible plat tier +- miles devaluation.

I flew with them on C last week. I couldn't agree more regarding F+B. The mains were actually better in quality but portions are probably smaller and starters and desserts are worse. They are marketing them better for the greek market, star chefs are endorsing the menu, but...
DrHalxx is offline  
Old Jul 13, 18, 10:59 pm
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Nomad
Programs: A3*G, TK*G, UIA PremEY Silv, CX Silv, Hyatt Diam, , Skyteam Elite+,HH Diam, SPG Plat100, EK Silv
Posts: 1,291
Originally Posted by DrHalxx View Post
I think he is speculating. WIth the current state of the greek economy it's unlikely that they're going to raise the gold thresold that much. I'm more worried about the new star alliance possible plat tier +- miles devaluation.

I flew with them on C last week. I couldn't agree more regarding F+B. The mains were actually better in quality but portions are probably smaller and starters and desserts are worse. They are marketing them better for the greek market, star chefs are endorsing the menu, but...
yes founds this funny too, 3 local chefs endorsing the menu but since then quality Is lower

What is the plat tier?
frenchft is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread