Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

'Normal' time for miles to post into Miles and Bonus account

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 4, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Brief summary of posting times.

Airlines
  • Adria Airways: 5 days.
  • Aegean Airlines: 0 - 4 days (if upgrade voucher used, 0-17 days).
  • Air Canada: 2 - 5 days.
  • Air China: 3 - 9 days.
  • Air India: 1 day.
  • Air New Zealand: 2 - 4 days.
  • All Nippon Airways: 1- 7 days.
  • Asiana Airlines: 5 days.
  • Austrian Airlines: 1 - 9 working days
  • Avianca (Brazil): 1 - 10 days
  • Brussels Airlines: 8 days
  • Copa: 2-3 days
  • Croatia Airlines: 2 days
  • egyptair 7 days
  • Ethiopian: 1 - 5 days
  • EVA Airways: 2 - 6 days
  • LOT Polish Airlines: 1 - 2 days
  • Lufthansa: 1 - 8 days.
  • Scandinavian Airlines: 2 - 7 days (normally 2 - 3 from hubs, longer from outstations).
  • Shenzhen Airlines: 3 days
  • Singapore Airlines: 3 - 6 days.
  • South African: 2 - 4 days
  • Swiss International Air Lines: 1 - 6 days.
  • TAP: 2 days
  • Thai Airways: 2 - 4 days.
  • Turkish Airlines: 3 - 5 days.
  • United: 2 - 7 days

Hotels
  • booking.com: 5 - 7 days after hotel check-out

On-board duty free shopping on A3 flights
  • Around 3 weeks

Greek Airport Duty-Free shops
  • 2-3 days

Heathrow Rewards
  • Around 22 days

Car Rental
  • hertz 2 weeks
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2014, 10:49 am

Programs: A3*G/KFEG
Originally Posted by tmac100
I am STILL waiting for application of my AI business class miles (flown Oct 11 and Nov 21st and 22nd) to be applied to my A3 M&B account. Major issues.... BUT at least the A3 aircraft are flying safely As for their customer service/IT issues
You're not alone mate. I've called AI and they've told me to e-mail them my boarding pass along with booking confirmation. In fact I've already mailed them twice and they have replied to neither of my mails.

A3 isn't that bad, at least the IT issues are being sorted out - coupons are back on and upgrade redemptions are looking good.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 10:37 am

Programs: A3*G, MS*S
Originally Posted by goqsane
Don't worry, they tell me the same ........, just the airline is different. In my case it's Lufthansa.

Also puzzled as to where to go with these.
In my case it's Egyptair
Miles not credited, did a retroclaim resulting in Aegean stating that Egyptair says the flight is not eligible. but it is. Egyptair Sales confirmed this with me and in writing to M&B and nothing happens.
This for Son and Wife's account.
Following the advice/hack of a forum member, I did a retro-claim for the second time on my son's account. An identical retro-claim fails as duplicate entry, but changing the dates or flight number gets it though. Then magically,couple of weeks later the miles arrived in my son's account. This should have made him qualify for Gold but since the retroclaimed miles got booked after Nov 24th, he's stuck with Silver despite what they say. Case pending.
On Wifey's part, I followed the official route with Emails/Calls/Facebooks with bot Egyptair and M&B resulting into absolutely nothing and a waste of time.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 9:35 am

Programs: UA Gold. IHG Plat.
Thumbs down Terrible service from A3

Originally Posted by VinZ
In my case it's Egyptair
I followed the official route with Emails/Calls/Facebooks with................ M&B resulting into absolutely nothing and a waste of time.
Same boat here (aircraft would be more apt though!).
Last flight miles never credited on A3 so just short of 20k miles before Nov 24th. Tried retroclaim, no joy. Tried emailing. No joy. Tried calling. Was told to email.
Asked to send boarding passes & other UA documents.

Did all this.

Yep, no joy.

Terrible service really & infuriating to deal with A3 when they just ignore communications .
Old Dec 15, 2014, 9:43 am

I had 4 LH flights on 11 + 12 November that have not been credited (before these flights I was 260 miles short of Gold). I have phoned, faxed, emailed and messaged Aegean on Facebook - no response from any of these. Aegean has a record of these flights - I know this from one of the telephone calls. But the person on the phone claimed she was unable to do anything about it. Retro-claim on the website doesn't function - it only shows one Airline - Aegean - in the drop-down list. Very frustrating.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:59 pm

I waited almost one month for an answer to an email I sent in october (the actual answer was satisfactory though). I suspect the frustration level of the reps. at A3 CS is likely to be equal to ours, and the real culprit here is A3 management, who in their divine wisdom decided to make haste and change their FF-programme virtually overnight, and (allegedly) hire a turkish web developer to do the job in the process. You should expect to look over the newyear for a resolution to your predicament. I am also waiting for a couple of TG-flights from before the transition to credit, to push me to Gold, but I have no intentions of spending more time and/or money to try to make things happen. On the other hand, I rather do hope for a fully functioning online retro-credit tool as a christmas present from all of A3 to all of us ...

Snacky

Last edited by Snacky; Dec 15, 2014 at 3:05 pm
Old Dec 15, 2014, 3:07 pm

Thanks - I think you are right. I'll just wait and hope for the best.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 7:33 am

Programs: *G, OWS
I am really starting to wonder about the communications between the phone-support staff and the external IT guys or (more likely in my opinion) the reliability of the IT guys.
On the fourth, I called them and requested that they do a retro-claim for four missing flights (LX and LH). In response, they told me to wait until the eighth – then that function should be available.
On the 12th, I had a different problem (which CS handled very nicely) but when I asked her when I could enter the retro claim or if she could that for me the response was again Monday, but this time the 15th. 2 days after that deadline – once again no retro claim…
I’ve been really happy with the phone contacts I had with Agean, but their external IT guys seem to be incompetent…
Old Dec 17, 2014, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by frogster
I’ve been really happy with the phone contacts I had with Agean, but their external IT guys seem to be incompetent…
If the "external IT-guys" they hired to do the job are incompetent, what does that make the ones that hired them?

Snacky

Last edited by Snacky; Dec 17, 2014 at 2:26 pm
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:57 am

is retro claim back up?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:59 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Hamlol
is retro claim back up?
Did you think to try yourself? I'd have thought that would be much quicker and more definitive than waiting for an answer here ...
Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by Hamlol
is retro claim back up?
No, and now it even returns an error message, so even A3 retroclaims will not be possible to perfom. Maybe the "external IT-guys" got upset by the last couple of comments involving their competence level

Snacky
Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:04 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA

LX

Flown: 14DEC14
Credited: 17DEC14
Duration: 3 Days

Flown: 15DEC14
Credited: 18DEC14
Duration: 3 Days
Old Dec 19, 2014, 2:13 am

Programs: A3 *G
A bit of an odd one:

Flew two legs with SK on 12th December, both legs on the same PNR, same booking class, both international (ATH-ARN-HAM).

The first one posted on 14th. The second leg hasn't posted yet.

Also flew three SK legs on 15th December and all three posted on 17th so two days there.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by Snacky
... I am also waiting for a couple of TG-flights from before the transition to credit, to push me to Gold, but I have no intentions of spending more time and/or money to try to make things happen. On the other hand, I rather do hope for a fully functioning online retro-credit tool as a christmas present from all of A3 to all of us ...
I hate to say it, but today I got so f... tired of waiting for the online retroclaim to work, that I finally made a call to A3 (again). This time I only had to wait 30 seconds before they answered (rather than just being disconnected after 10 minutes), and the very nice lady on the phone was happy to manually put in the retroclaim for me. She also told me to call back and ask them to manually upgrade me to Gold, once I can see the flights credited into my account, and added it could take up to 14 days for this to happen.

Snacky
Old Dec 23, 2014, 1:10 am

LH flights from early November finally posted today after numerous calls, faxes and emails. Upgrade to Gold has not happened automatically, so I suppose I'll have to phone once more. What a saga.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.