Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advisory Board and Moderators!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2001, 2:00 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Gold (oneWorld Emerald), Starwood Preferred Guest Platinum
Advisory Board and Moderators!

Hello!

I might have slept in class in case the information I am about to request has already been made available and if so I apologize.

However, FT i changing way too much way too fast for me. Therefore I have two (2) simple questions that might help me in my efforts to reach my own carefully prepared opinion in this matter.

1) Who are Moderator1 and Moderator2? Are they FlyerTalkers and how have they become moderators?
2) Who are the members of the Advisory Board?

------------------
Goldlust
Old Jul 22, 2001, 2:13 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
The 3 Moderators are long time members of FT. Another 10+ will be added after some experience is gained.

There is currently no Talk Board. The post #'s you seen in that forum are from the historical and current group of ~10 long time FT'ers who aided in the testing and commenting of nFT. The continued posting in the Talk Board forum is follow-up and new minor issues.

The first Talk Board will be appointed (4) and elected (6) in the next weeks. They will have a one year renewable term.

Anyone can apply for these positions: TalkAssist, TalkModerator, TalkBoard.

Apply here -> http://www.flyertalk.com/talkteam.shtml

That being said, I assume this thread will be moved to a more appropriate forum.

Dorian

(code)

[This message has been edited by Dorian (edited 07-22-2001).]
Old Jul 22, 2001, 2:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Gold (oneWorld Emerald), Starwood Preferred Guest Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dorian:
The 3 Moderators are long time members of FT. Another 10+ will be added after some experience is gained.

</font>
It would seem that too much is happening in the background void of public record. At least for my taste. If the moderators are long lasting FlyerTalkers can one then not at least have their handles published?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dorian:
That being said, I assume this thread will be moved to a more appropriate forum.

</font>
What an appropriate suggestion ... ...
Old Jul 22, 2001, 4:52 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Again, I think the TalkBoard really needs to be elected.

I see that essxjay is moderating Community. I guess there was an option to moderate under your own handle or anon.

Many know my feelings about this from MoreMiles. I prefer to know who is moderating me...lets me take it more 'in context'.

Dorian
Old Jul 22, 2001, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TalkBoard: We discuss / ad nauseum things that mean / so very little
MoreMiles? What's that?

FewMiles..
Old Jul 22, 2001, 6:32 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

----

Naturally, what Dorian says is correct!

That's why I agree with him!

[This message has been edited by doc (edited 07-22-2001).]
Old Jul 22, 2001, 7:07 pm

You know Doc....I'm not sure if what I wrote is entirely accurate...but close enuf!

Fewmiles...MoreMiles is the place I asked to have my username deleted from...thought you might have known that. ;-)

Dorian

------------------
The Global Lounge Project - open source airline lounge listings - managed by Dorian
flyers'places - restaurant, bar & hotel tips - acquired by nFT
The Star Alliance RTW Price Chart - by Dorian
The Star Alliance Gold Comparison Chart - by Blondebomber

(missing a word)

[This message has been edited by Dorian (edited 07-22-2001).]
Old Jul 22, 2001, 7:34 pm

Transparency would be nice.
Old Jul 23, 2001, 6:50 am

....I guess there was an option to moderate under your own handle or anon.
</font>
Let's not forget that handles are, themselves, anonymous.

The cloak of secrecy around moderators is not a good idea.

Old Jul 23, 2001, 7:28 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
In response to Fewmiles' question:
http://www.moremiles.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

More Miles is a similar community to FlyerTalk--including many of the same contributors.
Old Jul 23, 2001, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TalkBoard: We discuss / ad nauseum things that mean / so very little
Do rhetorical questions need to be answered?

Dorian:

FewMiles..

------------------
FlyerTalkers' Resources on the Web: http://fewmiles.tripod.com/
Unofficial Guide to AAdvantage: http://fewmiles.tripod.com/AA/
Unofficial oneworld Info Desk: http://fewmiles.tripod.com/oneworld/
Old Jul 24, 2001, 12:22 pm

I may have been away for a while but has something really drastic happened that we need moderators to limit our freedom of expression? Certainly, there have been some unpleasant instances in the past but they have been mostly been brought under control by the rest of the community. Is enforcement really a solution in the decent community of FlerTalkers?
Old Jul 24, 2001, 1:27 pm
Suspended

Just went and looked at that MoreMiles board posted above by mauld. I see users Dorian and FewMiles are smirking about it above. They seemed to have stirred up the folks pretty good over there.

For anyone who wants to read about how absurd it is for un-necessary "moderation" to take place and worse still, "moderation" by faceless moderators really known to all, go read this little recent expose thread called "Anonymous Posts By Moderators and Admin":
http://www.moremiles.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=43&t=000015]
(edited for spelling)

[This message has been edited by flyboy1 (edited 07-24-2001).]
Old Jul 24, 2001, 2:48 pm

Ahhhh, those were the days! Back when with mere touches to your keyboard you get send people into a tailspin...

Fewmiles had it good...he could go back and edit what he typed...I can't cause I asked to have all my data deleted from their board.

Dorian
Old Jul 24, 2001, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
This is all Greek to me. I don't understand the changes, nor the role moderators play, either here or on MoreMiles, or anywhere on the net. Must be a generational thing. Perhaps Essexjay can explain this to me over the weekend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.