Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Sofitel - Frequent Guest Program?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2001, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Hotel Sofitel - Frequent Guest Program?

I hope this is in the right forum for this post. Does Hotel Sofitel have a frequent guest program? I have a conference to attend at the Philadelphia location. Any information on the pogram? How to join? Affilations? Etc.
Thanks!
Old Dec 9, 2001, 8:55 am
msn

Yessir! Go to www.accor.com and see them all there - from Novotel to Motel 6!
Old Dec 9, 2001, 9:01 am
msn

Actually - be careful - they are starting a new program in January, Accor in the past has charged for membership in some of their hotel programs - it was often better to enroll under another brand in the group and use the priviledges to which that particular card would entitle you.

Direct link is:

http://www.sofitel.com/sofitel/gb/card/index.html

But better you start out from here:

www.accorhotels.com

I see they have a 50% promotion pop-up when you go there.
Old Mar 30, 2002, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
I signed up for this in January. I have been staying *lots* of night at Sofitel Los Angeles since 2000. I never joined before since it was a pay to get in thing.

Now, its different. I'm not sure what level I am, as I think they can use some of my previous stays to build credit and get status.

Anyway, I read the broshure and the web page. IT was tough to figure out the bonuses and such, as it talked about money values in Euros, which this dumb American doesn't deal with.

Who can give me some info on what I get? I have received great treatment in L.A. without any sort of special card. Maybe I can get some free stays out of this somewhere.
Old Mar 31, 2002, 6:59 am
JRF

Programs: DL Flying Colonel
I used to belong, as there was a 50% discount on weekends and guarenteed reservations (I paid a fee to belong to the Executive level.)

WARNING.... I was NEVER able to use any of my points at any hotels, they NEVER were able to give me a room using points, NEVER EVER and my points wound up expiring. However, what I saved with the 50% weekend discount was well worth it.
Old Mar 31, 2002, 7:24 am

Programs: IHG, CC, HH, AF, AA, UA
I can't speak from experience, but I just had a look at this program on their web pages, and here is the result.

Your earn 8 pts per Euro (think of it as 1 Euro ~ 1 Dollar) at Sofitels (only), which you may redeem at 20,000 pts for 200 Euro gift certificates that you can use in 2,000 Accor brand hotels worldwide.

Here is the link for more info:
http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/fideli...pros_acc.shtml

All other brands offer "subscription" cards that come with a (steep) fee, but they may eventually follow Sofitel's lead, and create a free loyalty program in the future.

In addition to that, Accor has an Amex credit card that is available to French and German residents (1st year free), which earns 4 points / Euro in all of their hotels and 1 point / Euro for general purchases.

Again, a link:
http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/fideli...cpm_paie.shtml

This does not compete with Hilton or Starwood but could still be considered, especially in places where there are not that many other options (e.g. in France), or when you don't get to choose where you stay.
Old Mar 31, 2002, 4:26 pm

While the new program is expensive ($150/year), I will be saving a lot of money this year with reservations already booked at the 50% off rate. Many hotels will allow you to book any night at 50% off, not just Monday-Thursday. Also, I have always been able to get an upgrade to a suite, when a suite was available, with the Exclusive Card. That includes Sofitel New York, Los Angeles, and Castille (in Paris).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.