Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton & Marriot

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2003, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Hilton & Marriot

Hello,

Didn't either HHonors or Marriott Rewards used to have a feature where you could login once a quarter, change part of your preferences (like room preference), and receive 1000 points? If so, I cannot seem to get the same service now. Am I doing something wrong? Perhaps this service ended?

Thanks!
Old Apr 6, 2003, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
You may wish to post this type of question in the appropriate hotel forum. You'll probably get more/better responses.
Old Apr 6, 2003, 5:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Hilton used to, but I think they stopped giving the points.
Old Apr 6, 2003, 5:53 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/007225.html
Old Apr 6, 2003, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
You may have a tough time finding anyone here that recalls this. It got very little attention here and I doubt anyone even got points when it was available.
Old Apr 6, 2003, 7:49 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
Dingo, it did work like a charm every quarter with Hilton. But, as said above it no longer exists.

I never knew of Marriott making such an offer.

Edited to add: Dingo I just realized that you are being sarcastic (I think). I remember all of those threads that were quite long. They were dedicated to reminding one another that the new quarter had almost arrived. You got me.

[This message has been edited by paradocs (edited 04-06-2003).]
Old Apr 7, 2003, 9:58 am

Programs: 1MM UA
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by paradocs:
Dingo I just realized that you are being sarcastic ... You got me.

[This message has been edited by paradocs (edited 04-06-2003).]
</font>
paradocs,
How long did it take you?
Old Apr 7, 2003, 2:57 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by paradocs:
Dingo I just realized that you are being sarcastic... You got me.
</font>
Paradocs, for whatever its worth, Dingo got me too. My jaw dropped when I read Dingo's message and didn't close until I got to your follow-up .
Old Apr 7, 2003, 5:26 pm

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dingo:
You may have a tough time finding anyone here that recalls this. It got very little attention here and I doubt anyone even got points when it was available.</font>

ROTFLMAO
Old Apr 7, 2003, 11:17 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
I am glad I was in good company and I wasn't the only one. It took a few minutes after my post to tweak my memory of all the silly posts anticipating each new quarter.

Boy, it was fun and profitable while it lasted!

Dingo are you gloating?
Old Apr 8, 2003, 1:59 pm

Location: Madison, WI, USA; NW Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Oh, boy, I was REALLY tempted to post something like "I wonder why Hilton gave me points this quarter for updating my profile?"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.