Wiki Posts
Search

What is your Dream FF Program?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2003, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
What is your Dream FF Program?

After reading a zillion posts here over the past few years, I was wondering what in your minds would be the perfect FF program or wish list for an airline to get your business, like the top 3 things. Is it bonus miles, no extra charges for standby or changes, or just good plain customer service (like a genuine "we are glad you spent your hard earned money with us today")? I know you all want Hooters Girls on every flight, but I was wondering what the experts really felt would get people in the seats of one airline over another in these days of virtual collapse of the industry.
JudyJ

PS. Are there figures on what each airline thinks their cost per passenger mile is as opposed to break even per passenger mile?
Old Apr 5, 2003, 6:26 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Luggage tags for all Elites, free lounge acess for top tier elites, 50%, 100%, 150% mileage bonuses, Free upgrades for Top Tier Elites, stickers for the bottom two, a general "Elite Lounge" at major airports along with the airline club.

------------------
DC-10's Forever!
Old Apr 6, 2003, 12:55 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Southwest's program, after they start service to Kona, Hawaii. Everything else about the program is just about perfect right now.
Old Apr 6, 2003, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
The HP or AS program, but with a route network that allows productive use of the program and its benefits by folks who aren't based in the Northwest or Southwest.
Old Apr 6, 2003, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
I'm no expert, but the NW program, with improved opportunities for international upgrades and a full-benefits codeshare partner to OZ would be a really good start.

Also, and this is not really mile-specific but rather a more general wish, I would like to see a complete overhaul of the reservation/fare system. (Who wouldn't )

[This message has been edited by notsosmart (edited 04-06-2003).]
Old Apr 7, 2003, 1:54 am

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
LH's Miles and More program would be perfect if 1) they added a higher tier (already announced) and 2) stopped giving free upgrade certs. Other than the latter, M&M strikes a perfect balance between miles flown and revenue generated.
Old Apr 7, 2003, 12:53 pm

Programs: LH SEN, AA AAirpass, IC Ambassador Platinum, *wood Gold
Except for the new upgrade levels for LH - the old 20K miles was perfect.
Old Apr 7, 2003, 3:59 pm

Southwest is almost perfect now. after they start offering Hawaii, it would be perfect.
Old Apr 7, 2003, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Keep in mind that Southwest is perfect for those who fly only domestic and are only interested in free flights and not upgrades.

Although it is a good program, it is extremely limited, and I would not even consider it a true Frequent Flyer program along the lines of others discussed here.
Old Apr 8, 2003, 1:13 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CMK10:
Luggage tags for all Elites, free lounge acess for top tier elites, 50%, 100%, 150% mileage bonuses, Free upgrades for Top Tier Elites, stickers for the bottom two, a general "Elite Lounge" at major airports along with the airline club.

</font>
Sounds suspiciously like this:

www.qantasfrequentflyer.com.au

All that's missing is a distinct lounge for Platinum members in Domestic terminals.

Old Apr 8, 2003, 8:08 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Titanium, AA Executive Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by notsosmart:
Keep in mind that Southwest is perfect for those who fly only domestic and are only interested in free flights and not upgrades.

Although it is a good program, it is extremely limited, and I would not even consider it a true Frequent Flyer program along the lines of others discussed here.
</font>
I would agree. If you never need or desire to leave the country and have no problem using all of your points within one year, it is fine. Otherwise it is useless.
Old Apr 8, 2003, 8:11 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Titanium, AA Executive Platinum
I would like most of the major FF programs (CO, AA, etc.) better if the capacity controls were loosened up a little.

[This message has been edited by quinella66 (edited 04-08-2003).]
Old Apr 8, 2003, 4:39 pm

To freely exchange points at par from one airline to another - Oh Brand Loyalty I forgot ???

How about at least an exit strategy which seem to be evaporating ???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.