Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

How many frequent flyer programs are we enrolled in.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 1999, 8:52 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL

Just wondering how many frequent flyer programs (airline related, not hotel) Flyer Talk members are enrolled in and how many they have claimed rewards/upgrade rewards in.

I belong to and am actively collecting points in 4 air travel programs (3 airlines and Canada's Air Miles program for shoppers). I have claimed rewards in 2 programs and have enough points to fly in 3 programs.

I am only really serious about collecting miles in one program though.
Old Mar 5, 1999, 9:17 am
Suspended

Programs: UA MM Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
BlondeBomber-

I'm am only enrolled in three programs: United, US Airways and American. I have claimed rewards UA & American. However, for the past several years I pretty much fly exclusively on UA thanks to the great deals I get out of BWI. I think I took two or three trips on US Air last year. American has very few flights out of BWI. I even put up with the dreaded IAD people movers, parking lots and United Express to maintain my UA elite status when travelling up and down the east coast.

One of my favorite sports is finding an originating, very low fare flight out of BWI that connects through IAD when the direct flight out of IAD is priced very high. Two extra segments plus, an extra 2000 miles
Old Mar 5, 1999, 9:18 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
*UA mileage plus: 1K (member since 1990?)
*LH miles & more: ff, will become Senator in 99 after party in paradise (member since 1998 only)
*SR Qualiflyer (no special status, member since the beginning, I use it ONLY for awards, I accumulate A LOT of miles only with credit cards etc.)

Awards:
*UA:
- for my family: free International First class tickets (3 times 2-person-awards since jan-1-98 Europe-US)
- confirmable one-way-upgrades on long-haule-flights
- last minute european eco or business class flights with LH in high season (when the price to be paid is unreasonable high)
*SR:
- european eco or business-class SR flights, when SR is the only reasonable connection
*LH:
- don't know yet, will have accumulated 200'000 miles till nov-99

(some "oldies" here may remember, for the others I explain again: I don't bring SR any Swiss Franks - since my sister in law, working for them over 29 years, has been laid off 2 years ago - together with many colleagues: by age & experience & pension-fund-costs, that age-group became to costly for SR ...)

[This message has been edited by Rudi (edited 03-05-99).]
Old Mar 5, 1999, 9:32 am
geo1004

US Airways Div. Miles
AmericanAdvantage

Old Mar 5, 1999, 9:45 am

British Airways
British Midland

United; Continental; Malev; Aer Lingus; Air France; Air Canada; Qantas; etc are all comped.

And I have never claimed an award. I donated my points with UA & CO last year.
MF
Old Mar 5, 1999, 9:46 am

Location: New York, NY, AA 4MM PLT, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, CC Gold
American Airlines--My favorite and I've claimed 940,000 miles worth of upgrades/awards over the years.

Delta Airlines--I've claimed 2 awards in the past and have 160,000+ miles left in my account for future claiming (if I can ever get the Int'l Biz flights I want - always sold out).

Continential - A little over 35,000 miles in my account, never claimed an award

USAir - 6,000 miles no award.
Old Mar 5, 1999, 9:53 am
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
CO One Pass - claimed over 200,000 miles worth of tickets and upgrades....

Also collect United and Delta, but rarely use.

Memberships with Northwest, Hawaii, America West, BA.
Old Mar 5, 1999, 10:08 am
Commander Catcop

The Cat's FF program lineup (in order of preference

United MIleage Plus (primary airline)
Awards: one free roundtrip to Australia in First, but now primarily for upgrades.
Continental One Pass (second choice, could be first if U-A disappoints too much.)
Awards: none yet, I"m not with them long enough.
American AAdvantage (Faster to see friends in Texas.)
Awards: primarily to help Holly get home for special events. I give my miles to her to fly home.
Delta (My first FF program, but I fly sporatically.)
Awards: Again, for Holly to fly home. Once got a free biz class ticket Berlin-Paris-Berlin on Air France.

------------------
CATMAN

[This message has been edited by Catman (edited 03-05-99).]
Old Mar 5, 1999, 10:11 am
Original Member

Programs: Delta
Air Canada- Elite

That's it! I am a loyal Air Canada/ Star Alliance customer. I do fly on other carriers but do not accumulate points with them. I used to fly frequently with American Airlines but switched to AC when I moved to Canada.

Old Mar 5, 1999, 10:15 am

Location: DEN, UA PE, Hilton Gold, ** Reactivate Delete Feature**
Just UA Mileage Plus. Our corporate travel from Denver is all booked on United.

-QL
Old Mar 5, 1999, 10:51 am
Original Member

Programs: One World
British Airways - claimed two First class awards Europe-US
United - claimed one first class award SAN-JFK
American - only have 4000 miles accumulated
Old Mar 5, 1999, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I mostly fly UA and BA and their partners. I use the miles to fly family members around and the occasional 1st class intl upgrade for myself.

I also have and use:

Air France Frequence Plus
Alaska Airlines (MVP)
Northwest/KLM (Gold)
Olympic Icarus
Air Littoral Carte Flamants
Qualiflyer (Swissair, Sabena, Austrian)
Old Mar 5, 1999, 11:05 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
DL ~ Member since 11/1997. Primary account (best service out of and only airline with an airport club here at MSY). I've claimed three free domestic coach tickets and a Crown Room Club membership (105,000 miles total) in addition to a few upgrades (probably about 20,000 miles total). Currently saving and transferring miles into account from DC and AX to bid on their auctions for complete vacation packages.

US ~ Member since 10/1991. Used to use in college to travel home (LGA-EYW) and have used a few times for business, though not recently.

AA ~ Member since 1991 or so. Use occassionally to travel to Chicago for personal travel and some travel while in college.

UA ~ Member since 11/1997. Use occassionally to travel to Chicago for personal travel.

NW ~ Member since 11/1997. Used once to travel to Chicago for personal travel.

CO ~ Member since 11/1997. Used once on a business trip when I got two free complimentry FC upgrades. May use again shortly for business trip to Houston.

I joined a bulk of the programs in November 1997 when I started my current job and started traveling a lot for business.

I signed up for AA and US when I was in college ... I know I took at least one flight on UA though (EWR-ORD), but I don't know why I didn't sign up for their program at that time. I also flew Eastern a few times right before they went belly up, but I was never a member of their program.
Old Mar 5, 1999, 11:05 am
Original Member

Use DL and their partners the most for Sky Miles.
Have claimed awards in the past or have enough miles to claim awards in:
AAdvantage
UA Mileage Plus
US Dividend Miles
NW / KLM World Perks
Old Mar 5, 1999, 11:22 am

Programs: US3, WN, UA, AA, CO
US Airways—80,000 miles redeemed since about 1994 (including a JFK-CDG off-peak trip for 30,000 miles!)
Southwest—claimed two free tickets last year, my first year of membership
United—preferred airline of my previous employer; donated 14,000 expiring miles to charity last year
Air France and Continental—from transatlantic trips; not enough miles to redeem for anything

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.