Search

National car Rental at DFW

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 1999, 7:32 am
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

National car Rental at DFW

AGAIN: I'M AMONG THOSE HOPING FOR A SEPARATE
SECTION ON FLYERTALK ON CAR RENTAL PROGRAMS.
I THINK THE INTEREST IS THERE. THANK YOU.

My friends and I rented from National Car Rental in a car rental section in a remote part of the massive airport (I hear they are
building a consolidated car rental facility
somewhere on the airfield. It's about time.)

Two agents, line moved slow. Our agent not the most sociable. We got a Buick Skylark
(I believe) in the ugliest green color for a good price. The car ran ok, except the breaks kept choking and the electronic windows sometimes locked at will.

Not a bad car rental experience, but I noticed the Hertz line moved faster. We wanted the best deal though. National is ok,
a little better than ALAMO. CATMAN
Old Jan 4, 1999, 7:36 am
Original Member

If you had rented from Alamo, you would have been WAAAY off airport. Glad to hear that a new and different car rental system is in the works at DFW.
Old Jan 4, 1999, 2:11 pm
Original Member

Catman: I agree that a car rental thread kght be a good idea. I use both National and Hertz - National probably a bit more - and I'm Hertz #1 Gold and National Emerald Club; so I get red carpet treatment in both cases. Hertz gets the kudos if the weather is bad. The bus drops me of under cover and my car is also sitting under cover; I don't have to get wet. But I do have to take the car they assigned to me. At National, they drop me off at a line of cars; I can take any one I want, but they're not under cover. If it's raining, I get wet. In both cases, I skip the line. They check my driver's license when I leave the lot, and that's it. Check in is similar in both cases. They usually have attendants with hand-held computers. I HAVE found that they often don't get my FF miles in the record in advance, so I always ask. In both cases, if they didn't get it, I have to go inside. Overall, I prefer National.
Old Jan 4, 1999, 2:14 pm
Original Member

Be careful about pushing for consolidated car rental facilities. IAH has one, and I think it's a disaster.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.