Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Transfer status United to American?

Old Mar 15, 2004, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

My company has decided to use American Airlines as its preferred carrier - for a lot of reasons. I have Premier Exec status on United. Is there a way to transfer status to American so I can still have privileges for the remainder of 2004? If anyone knows, please advise. Thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2004, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Welcome to Flyertalk, caryssa!

You might want to check out The Status Match Master Thread.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">American

American will consistently match United status to equivalent level up to mid-tier (Platinum). They are quirkier about matching status from other carriers. Sometimes they'll offer Gold status. Sometimes they'll just ask you to complete a challenge (miles flown in 90 days). Sometimes they'll offer Gold status and a challenge for Platinum.

For the best consolidated discussion of challenges, see this summary by FewMiles.</font>
You might also check out the American Airlines forum.

Regards,
Gary

[This message has been edited by gleff (edited Mar 15, 2004).]
Old Mar 16, 2004, 7:10 am

Programs: AA 1MM, AF Plat, VS Gold, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
I dropped from AA Plat to Gold this year and called AA Customer Service a few times asking if they would bump me back up to Plat based on my UA PremEx status. I was told no each of the 3 times I called. I was told that "we dont do that anymore." I suppose that I will keep calling.
Old Mar 16, 2004, 4:35 pm

Programs: BA GLD
Many times, part of the deal when your company changes preferred carriers is a status match for employees who are affected by the change. This all depends on the size of you company, but I've seen it happen several times when a company changes over. All frequent travelers receive a status match, but usually only as high as the second level from top ... Platinum on AA or Premier Executive on UA. Ask your corporate travel department.

------------------
sftrvlr

[This message has been edited by sftrvlr (edited Mar 16, 2004).]
Old Mar 16, 2004, 4:39 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
There's been a rather lengthy discussion on the AA board that the only UA flyers that might get comped in now would need to be high revenue. The days of rotuine comping, like when I got in with a nice letter, may be over. Hopefully your corporate agent will have some success.
Old Mar 17, 2004, 7:58 am

Per an AA rep, they don't match w/United anymore b/c of United's potential bankruptcy.
Old Mar 17, 2004, 6:02 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA GS/1K/2MM, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Check with your corporate travel department. My company made the shift this year also and all I had to do was provide corporate travel with a copy of my UA miles summary, account number, and status. AA, within about 4 weeks, notified me of the match.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.