Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Attention: Canadians who travel in U.S.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2000, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Attention: Canadians who travel in U.S.

I write a column on business travel for a Canadian newspaper. I would like to hear from Candians who travel frequently in the U.S. on business who make use any of the systems introduced recently by U.S. airlines (fax, e-mail, mobile phone, pager, personal digital assistant etc.) that supply information on gates and flight status. Are these useful? Do you have examples where these have saved you time that could have been lost if you hadn't known a flight would be late? Do you wish Air Canada did the same thing?
Old Nov 2, 2000, 12:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL, FPC Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
Welcome Doug--having inspired me, and several other Canadians to join this board, it's good to see you here.

(Do a search on your name--see how much we talk about you!)

As for the issue at hand--no, I don't use these things. When I am manouvering my way through an airport, the last thing I want to do is go fishing for my phone or palm.

(Aside from which, I am not really happy about digging it out in view when I am laden down with a briefcase and a laptop. Just too tempting a target for a pickpocket).

I rely on my, "smarter than the average bear" skills at reading monitors, and asking agents inside the airline lounge about such things.

[This message has been edited by AC*SE (edited 11-02-2000).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.