Search

Hello Clickrewards; Netcentives and Starwood form Alliance to Award Hotel stays

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 1999, 5:45 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Hello Clickrewards; Netcentives and Starwood form Alliance to Award Hotel stays

Netcentives announced an agreement whereby clickrewards members enrolled in Starwoods preferred Guest may redeem clickmiles for starpoints. See www.netcentives.com
Old Dec 13, 1999, 8:45 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
doc, I don't see this on the netcentives site but will take your word for it.

This is another feather in Starwoods cap in my view! I am assuming it will be a 1-to-1 transfer? If so, it allows you to transfer Click Miles to any airline program thru Starwood. My guess is that the Starwood 5K bonus for transferring 20K miles does not apply.
Old Dec 13, 1999, 9:23 am
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
How does the Starwood 5K bonus work, if most (but not all) of my points are from stays and the Sheraton Optima? Lets say I get 37,000 points from stays and 3,000 points from clickrewards. Will Starwood let me do two 20K transfers or only one?
Old Dec 13, 1999, 10:46 am

Programs: AA Gold
Usually Starwood will only give the 5,00 transfer bonus of Airline mileage if you earned the points from them or one of their partners. They will not let you transfer Diner's Club Club Reward points and get the bonus.
Old Dec 13, 1999, 2:15 pm

Here's the press release:

<b>Netcentives and Starwood Hotels Form Exclusive Alliance to Award Hotel Stays</b>

ClickRewards Members Eligible for Stays at Starwood's Unique Collection of Hotels and Resorts Including Sheraton, Westin and Other Luxury Properties

SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 13 /PRNewswire/ -- Netcentives(TM) Inc. (Nasdaq: NCNT), a leading developer of Internet loyalty infrastructure software and services designed to drive e-commerce, today announced an exclusive agreement with Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: HOT), one of the world's largest hotel and leisure companies. It is anticipated that beginning in February 2000, ClickRewards(TM) members who join Starwood Preferred Guest, Starwood's frequency program, will be able to redeem ClickMiles(TM) for StarPoints. Netcentives' ClickRewards Shopping Network will become the only online shopping network where members can redeem for StarPoints. ClickRewards' membership base of more than 2.8 million members can earn StarPoints by shopping at some of the Web's top shopping destinations such as CDNOW, barnesandnoble.com, Compaq, FTD.COM, PlanetRx and KBkids.com.

ClickRewards members can use their StarPoints for free stays at Starwood's unique collection of hotels and resorts around the world, including Westin Hotels and Resorts, Sheraton Hotels and Resorts, Four Points(R) Hotels by Sheraton, St. Regis, The Luxury Collection(R) and W Hotels. And, with no blackout dates, a weekend in New York at the new W Hotel or a week in Paris at the extraordinary Prince de Galles is never a problem.

"Premier brands are continually coming to Netcentives to find the best customers online," said West Shell III, chairman and CEO of Netcentives. "Our demonstrated leadership in providing companies with both a scalable loyalty infrastructure and active online consumers has enabled us to consistently attract premier redemption partners like Starwood Hotels and Resorts."

"Starwood Preferred Guest is dedicated to providing its members the best possible rewards and benefits," said Hoyt Harper, senior vice president business development and marketing programs, Starwood Hotels & Resorts. "The breadth of the ClickRewards Shopping Network provides our members with countless opportunities to earn additional StarPoints, making a weekend getaway or a dream vacation that much closer."
Old Dec 13, 1999, 2:58 pm
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
I think that it would be far more advantageous to convert Diners Club Reward points directly to airlines, rather than transfer the club reward points to Starwood and then to airline miles.

My original question still stands. How does Starwood keep track of where your points came from (or do they)? I don't keep track of the breakdown, though in my case most of them come from either stays or Sheraton Optima card, and the occasional car rental bonus. I can imagine that in a few years, it will be quite hard for me to account myself the exact breakdown of my points.
Old Dec 13, 1999, 6:08 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
That's an excellent question, PG. Perhaps the Starwood system can track these separately but they do not appear on our statements. Has anyone successfully transferred points earned outside of the Starwood program (i.e. AMEX MR points transferred to Starwood) to an airline program and received the 5000 bonus miles?
Old Jan 11, 2000, 4:36 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Anyone yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.