Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Office Max [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2011, 10:43 am

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton, Priority Club, USAir, American Express Membership Rewards, Ultimate Rew, United
I just called and got the 6-8 weeks reply. I couldn't convince the csr to take down my information and post the miles to my account. What should I do? UGH!

Edit: Called back a second time and got another response. They will email you and get your information from you to get your miles credited.

Last edited by Carter29072; Oct 11, 2011 at 10:49 am
Old Oct 11, 2011, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by DoubleJ
Called yesterday. In my case the three questions were:
1) What's your name?
2) What's your FF airline?
3) What's the FF account number you want these miles posted to?
(And this after going back and forth with the OMX CSR for about 5 minutes, with the CSR giving variations of "I can't handle this. You'll have to take it up with your airline." versus me saying "Yes, it can be done. Call a supervisor."
1) What is your name?
2) What is your quest?
3) What is your favorite color?
Old Oct 11, 2011, 10:51 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by Carter29072
I just called and got the 6-8 weeks reply. I couldn't convince the csr to take down my information and post the miles to my account. What should I do? UGH!
Play the CSR roulette game and call again. They have a screen which they can pull up on their monitors to request missing mileage credit. That's what I was told, and I listened to the click-clack of the keys as the CSR asked me each of the three questions above and typed in my info.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 10:53 am

Programs: Doing GS11, probably affiliated with every program out there
Originally Posted by belgirl
I emailed my contact at OfficeMax and this is what she said:

"I'm not positive, but I know that there have been a good amount of customer's
emailing into us stating the miles have not posted. So there still may be an
error occurring with US Airways, but if you'd like to provide me with your DM #
and order number I would be more than happy to forward the information to our
contact at US Airways to ensure the miles post."
I just clicked on order inquery in my account and sent the email Saturday. Got this reply this morning, pretty much stating the same thing:

We do apologize for the inconvenience. We have forwarded this information on so that you receive the miles for this purchase. Please keep in mind that they may not appear for 8 weeks. If after 8 weeks you still do not see the miles from the this purchase please let us know.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 11:05 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by dsquared37
1) What is your name?
2) What is your quest?
3) What is your favorite color?
1) DoubleJ
2) Grand Slam
3) The color of miles

I wouldn't be terribly surprised to discover an equivalent result from answering the three questions I did yesterday and these just now.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by HikerT
I put my order in after the website landing page glitch was fixed. Just called OfficeMax and the CS rep told me nothing was attached to my order and that I needed to call US Airways. I told her other people were having the same problem and they had called and got OfficeMax to manually correct it. She talked to her supervisor who again said it was a US Airways issue and that US is handling the posting of miles. Ugh, hope this doesn't turn into a disaster. No miles yet.
I see DM Wireless written all over this.

Mike
Old Oct 11, 2011, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
I got this from the same lady on both mine and my husband's email queries.

Hi Tiki/Mr Tiki,

We do apologize for the inconvenience. We have forwarded this information on so that you receive the miles for this purchase. Please keep in mind that they may not appear for 8 weeks. If after 8 weeks you still do not see the miles from the this purchase please let us know.

Thank you for choosing to work with OfficeMax!

Sincerely,

Exxxx

Email Customer Service - Direct/Dotcom/Retail Rep
TEL: 877.633.4236 | FAX: 800.825.7824 | Ottawa, IL 61350 |
Old Oct 11, 2011, 3:37 pm

This posted today. Yesterday, I spent 10 minutes with a CSR who promised to hand post the miles.

9/25/2011 10/11/11 OFFICEMAX CREDIT
Old Oct 11, 2011, 4:01 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Got the same email response but seeing that people who called got quick results, went ahead and did that. Had to call twice and 2nd CS said to call US until she saw something that changed her mind.

Now to work on NetSol and Vinesse ...
Old Oct 11, 2011, 4:53 pm

Programs: US Silver, Club Carlson Gold
Called OfficeMax, after checking with her supervisor my cs agents said:

"He's aware of this issue, and that there's an online blog giving incorrect information. You have to wait 6-8 weeks, there is nothing we can do about this."

Called back, got different cs agent.

She needs to forward this to another team. Took my order numbers, DM numbers and item totals. Says they will email me within 2 days.

Time will tell.

Last edited by kendenton; Oct 11, 2011 at 5:03 pm
Old Oct 11, 2011, 5:03 pm

Maybe it would help to start a list with the first name of reps with and without a clue so we can hang up and re-dial when a clueless one answers.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 5:22 pm

Lucked out. Just got off the phone and gave my name, email, invoice number and U.S. dividend account number. CS said I should receive my miles within 48 hours. She sent email to affiliate so they will post it for me.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 5:29 pm

What was their name?

I'm getting fed up. This is what I plan to put in my email request. Feel free to copy.

I am writing to express my extreme dissatisfaction over the gross incompetence of OfficeMax to award ariline miles for my purchase. Here is the affiliate link I used for this purchase.

http://www.officemax.com/affiliate/a...code=usairways

As you can see when you go to the page it asks for the frequent flier number. It clearly is an OfficeMax url so the frequent flier number is clearly collected by OfficeMax. I still have not received any airline miles for my purchase. Upon calling OfficeMax customer service I was told my frequent flier number was not attached to my order and that I needed to call USAirways. I asked the agent to speak to their supervisor who reiterated the same thing. Please eplain to me how USAirways is going to rectify this problem when OfficeMax is supposed to be collecting the information and attaching it to my order, but apparently did not do so? This is not an acceptable response by your customer service. It is not my responsibility to contact USAirways due to gross incompetence on the part of OfficeMax. Furthermore, I am not the only one who is affected by this problem. Many of us are encountering the exact same problem. Some are being told to "wait 6-8 weeks" when they call customer service. This is not an acceptable reply either. These miles count as 1 "hit" toward the USAirways grand slam promotion and if miles do not post for the purchase it means losing one "hit" which will cost folks up to 20,000 airline miles. Some people who call OfficeMax customer service are actually getting an agent with a clue who fixes the problem. So far I have not been able to reach such an agent. Please rectify this problem and award the miles for this purchase. My USAirways FF# is xxxxxxxx

Last edited by HikerT; Oct 11, 2011 at 5:35 pm
Old Oct 11, 2011, 5:36 pm

Programs: US Silver, Club Carlson Gold
Boom! Not 20 minutes after talking with Officemx cs agent #2 (see above) 3 miles just posted to my account!

Bless her heart.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by kendenton
Boom! Not 20 minutes after talking with Officemx cs agent #2 (see above) 3 miles just posted to my account!

Bless her heart.
Wow, nothing so quick as that on my account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.