Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Any opinions on the Conquistador in Puerto Rico?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2001, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold

Anyone ever stayed there? Can this hotel be compared to the Hyatt Cerromar/Dorado properties. Is food good? Are their pools beautifully landscaped? How is their beach? Is it worth staying at the casitas?

Muerz
Old May 28, 2001, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Just bring this back on top as I have not got any replies.

Muerz
Old Jul 13, 2001, 7:15 am

My wife and I stayed there in late April. It is a beautiful resort.

They offer a wide range of dining options, we liked all the ones that we tried.

The beach is located on an island. It's a fifteen minute boat ride. There are several pools, some more dramatic than others.

We stayed in an oceanview room in the main hotel. Friends stayed oceanview at the marina. Both had beautiful views, worth the extra money.

The Las Casitas Village is in a cluster by itself with its own pool. Don't have any basis to decide whether they are worth it or not.
Old Jul 25, 2001, 5:21 pm
JAP

Location: Cork, Ireland. Aer Lingus (in the bin), BA Gold (woo hoo!), EBB Blue, HH Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Muerz,

I stayed there a couple of years ago. Remember some key items

Pools are really good and are located on the front of the hotel area (which is set into the hills). The pool areas overlook the marina and the private island which is used as the hotels' own beach - spectacular view !
The island was 15 mins away by boat which was actually a nice way to cool down on the way there & back.
The room I had was a mid-range room with a partial sea-view & was very good. Reasonably large and all mod cons with nice decor.
I was there for a conference, and some of my colleagues had rooms with TVs in their bathrooms etc. etc.
The golf course was also very good, and played quite well for an 18 handicapper like me !
Email me if you want further info - I will try to help with any specific queries.
The one drawback for me was the bus ride (even though private & air-conditioned) of about 1 hour to the hotel from the airport.
Hope the info was in time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.