Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vacation/Timeshare offer?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2022, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: United, delta, AA, Alaskan, Frontier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt, Chase Sapphire
Vacation/Timeshare offer?

For 500 points just listened to a Wyndham offer. 3 night lodging,30000 points, 14 location,175 dollar hotel voucher.and a year to use it for 199 dollars. The kicker is you have to go to a timeshare beat down. Has anyone done this? I didn't buy it but came close.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by shanna135
For 500 points just listened to a Wyndham offer. 3 night lodging,30000 points, 14 location,175 dollar hotel voucher.and a year to use it for 199 dollars. The kicker is you have to go to a timeshare beat down. Has anyone done this? I didn't buy it but came close.
I've done three Wyndham presentations: in Phoenix, Sedona, and Waikiki. One was an over the phone offer, the other two were pitched while staying at timeshares with points. By far the most manipulative compared to their peers (Bluegreen, Grandview, Westgate, Diamond), I felt tempted even knowing better.

We have our first Hilton presentation coming up, and bought one beforehand off Ebay for $99 (plus $1,000 closing). Like Wyndham, they have cheap weekday and off season rates, and do not punish resale. Unlike Wyndham, they are more professional with followups, have happier owners, and people willing to purchase should you want to get rid of it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.