Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

BAR+Points (500/1000) GONE (Effective 11.13.19)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: WR

Add DOT COM wyndhamhotelsHERE/wyndham-rewards/hotel-deals/bar-bonus

So while trying to book room today, i tried the normal routine of having to scan 5-10 properties as some dont offer the BAR+Bonus Points.

However every property i searched, none had it. Some had a NEW item instead called "Double Points Rate".

This is obviously less than the typical amount of points you can generate when doing BAR+1000 Extra points per night.

No email or changes listed on their website. They seem to have snuck this one in on me.

Did anyone else get any kind of mail about this?

I called the "Diamond Concierge" line, and the agent i spoke with, told me I was the first to ask about this...at first he said he didnt know anything about it, but then eventually he said the "found a memo" that mentioned they got rid of BAR+Bonus and replaced with "Double POints", however he insisted it was an internal document and he couldnt share it with me...probably doesnt want to get Epsteined (couldnt resist after news coverage daily for weeks).

My last BAR+Bonus was 5 nights ago, so this JUST happened im sure. Also, i found a lot of "Updated Nov. 13" changes on their site, but NONE listing removing the best perk of the program, and replacing it with Double Points instead.

If i understand it correctly, as a Diamond member, I earned min. 1000 pts per night, then would pay the extra $8 bucks for the extra 1000 pts, total of 2k per night.

Now as its only "Double Points on Base points only", Example of $75 for a room, will be 750pts x 2 = 1500 points.

Am I really the only one who has noticed this change??? I will drive 20 mins out of my way to go to a hotel that offers the BAR+1000 bonus points per night. And if this was changed on the 13th, a week ago, its hard to believe noone has posted about it here yet, with such a large community here.

On the + side, Googling "hotel point forum" to find others with this issue brought me here, so thats cool! Didnt know there would be a forum like this, but its sweet so far.

Lastly, i used the "search" feature to verify someone hasnt already posted about this. But i limited it to WR obviously, as other Rewards programs arent relevant to this thread, at least not in my opinion.

Any1 else shocked they would quietly remove this option? Im all for changes, but the best one without any kind of warning or notice? Thats cold man.

Wyndham Rewards or Wyndham Rewards 2, ya'll still lurking? Any chance this is a temporary thing?

Thx

Last edited by only1oo7; Nov 20, 2019 at 2:12 am Reason: bot blocked WR link, if still not allowed, google "wyndham rewards BAR+"
Old Nov 20, 2019, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WR
Note :

It was called "Best Available Rate + 1000 Bonus Points", not sure if BAR line is confusing or not.

Thx
Old Nov 21, 2019, 8:47 am

I usually didn't use the option, as the extra points weren't worth the extra cost over the corporate codes I have access to (which typically take 15-20% off BAR.) That said, I did notice a week or two ago that there was just the "Pay Now & Save + 100 Bonus Points," but not a specific 1000 bonus point option. It still shows up for me at some Super 8s that I checked today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.