Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Changing award reservation - trigger reprice?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2019, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold

I booked a reservation for this winter for one of the properties that changed to 30k prior to the change; I need to change the date now, does anyone have any experience with that and know if they will ask for 30k points or will they honor the original rate?
Old Jul 21, 2019, 6:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 1353513636
I booked a reservation for this winter for one of the properties that changed to 30k prior to the change; I need to change the date now, does anyone have any experience with that and know if they will ask for 30k points or will they honor the original rate?
I highly doubt WR will allow anyone to change dates and keep the old 15k per night. You may get lucky by talking with the in house people, they may not realize that you were booked at the 15k rate and do the change for you. but most likely even w/o knowing you are on the 15k rate they will tell you you must do everything with WR, I find with all the chains that unless Im on a full rev rate (meaning nothing to do with the awards program ) that Im told to please contact the program in regards to any change Id like to make
Old Jul 23, 2019, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by craz
I highly doubt WR will allow anyone to change dates and keep the old 15k per night. You may get lucky by talking with the in house people, they may not realize that you were booked at the 15k rate and do the change for you. but most likely even w/o knowing you are on the 15k rate they will tell you you must do everything with WR, I find with all the chains that unless Im on a full rev rate (meaning nothing to do with the awards program ) that Im told to please contact the program in regards to any change Id like to make
As an update, hotel said call WR, WR insisted to cancel and rebook, they cancelled and tried to rebook but I only had 15k in my account for the night so they were nice and gave me courtesy points so I could book the new date at 30k.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 4:27 pm

I had 4 nights reserved on points at the Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman for 15k a night. Then the deval came and it became a 30k/night property.

I had to change the reservation from 4 nights to 2 nights, after the deval and I was concerned that if I cancelled it and rebooked it I would of course be charged the 30k rate.

I called Wyndham that they made the schedule change and redeposited 30k (15k x 2 nights) into my account and maintained the 15k/night rate for the stay.

The stay was mid June 2019.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.