Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Points lost due to 18 months inactivity

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points lost due to 18 months inactivity

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2020, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by milemission
I used the credit card and earned some points, does that extend the 18 months expiry? I didn't see the 18- month expiration date, just the 4 years' date.

The 4 years is a fixed date, points expire 4 year after they are earned UNLESS you transfer them out of Wyndham and back in.

Credit card purchases extend the 18 month expiration.

If you log into Wyndham on the left hand side you will see Notifications, if you click Learn more it shows your 18 month date and your 4 year expiration dates

Points expire 4 years after they are earned. You have 5,948 points that will expire on 02/27/2023.

In addition, after 18 consecutive months without any account activity, all of your points will be forfeited. Be sure to stay or redeem with us by 07/06/2021.
milemission, sdsearch and Vyvd like this.

Last edited by flyer4512; Feb 3, 2020 at 9:02 pm
Old Feb 23, 2020, 11:15 am

I lost 17,300 points November 26, due to 18 months of inactivity. I called and wasn't expecting much but I figured I might have a shot, since it had been less than 90 days. I expressed remorse and placed all blame on myself. I was put on hold for a couple minutes and the rep reinstated all my points. I'm happy because I am heading to Vegas and decided to also open a Caesar's Total Rewards card for status matching. As always, your mileage may vary.
DaveH and sdsearch like this.
Old May 29, 2021, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Transferring points is a great idea, too bad the only option is 30K per year to Caesar's.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 5:17 am

Ta stole my points

I have a similar problem with TA i been collecting points for 6 months i got almost 500$ there and about 2 weeks ago i was in TA in GA to take a shower they said it has been blocked i was like this is impossible because i been really active and this can not happen then I called them to find out what has happened there they told me it has been sheared because of that we locked u out and u welcome to make a new one with same number and forget about your points…..now i been asking them to send me a report explaining how did I shear it and when there answer is no we cant send out reports ok just say something on the telephone explain to me how when a date or something there answer is no we can’t tell you anything only thing we offer is make a new account and don’t ask about previous account
Now at this point I decided to talk to the public and i ll continue do this for no one else fall in there scam if u going to use them don’t let your points get over 100$ use them because the will find a way to steal it me personally i ll shear this problem as much as i could because i believe what happened here is thieft .. and I need to mention i have been talking to people and truckers about this issue the have told me it is not a problem when ur under 100$ but this company is so cheap to the point of stealing drivers points and i have 2 more people just like me and i am sure there is 100s like us out there
Old Aug 29, 2023, 10:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton and Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Plat, United Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by snur
I have a similar problem with TA i been collecting points for 6 months i got almost 500$ there and about 2 weeks ago i was in TA in GA to take a shower they said it has been blocked i was like this is impossible because i been really active and this can not happen then I called them to find out what has happened there they told me it has been sheared because of that we locked u out and u welcome to make a new one with same number and forget about your points…..now i been asking them to send me a report explaining how did I shear it and when there answer is no we cant send out reports ok just say something on the telephone explain to me how when a date or something there answer is no we can’t tell you anything only thing we offer is make a new account and don’t ask about previous account
Now at this point I decided to talk to the public and i ll continue do this for no one else fall in there scam if u going to use them don’t let your points get over 100$ use them because the will find a way to steal it me personally i ll shear this problem as much as i could because i believe what happened here is thieft .. and I need to mention i have been talking to people and truckers about this issue the have told me it is not a problem when ur under 100$ but this company is so cheap to the point of stealing drivers points and i have 2 more people just like me and i am sure there is 100s like us out there
What??? A little punctuation goes a long way.
sdsearch likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2023, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Transferring points is a great idea, too bad the only option is 30K per year to Caesar's.
It's now up to 60k a year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.