Wiki Posts
Search

FRAUD by Days Inn Austin

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2018, 3:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Angry FRAUD by Days Inn Austin

I made a reservation and cancelled. At the arrival day they charged my credit card. I sent email with the Cancel-confirm email and got no response.
I made a Dispute with Chase and the hotel sent Chase a Fake Registration form with my Signature Forged and a Fake Folio of Charge Details that I confirmed the charge. Again with my signature Forged. In short, the hotel claims I stayed in the hotel even that I did not.
Luckily, I was not in the US during the 4 days, and I can prove it. (Working on this with Chase Dispute dept, which is a disgrace of operation).
Any ideas where to report this FRAUD will be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by IntFF; Aug 27, 2018 at 12:06 am
Old Aug 10, 2018, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

A friend pointed out to me that there are many Days Inn hotels in Austin.
It is Days Inn Univ/Downtown at 3105 North I-35, Austin, TX 78722.

The interesting question here is if this hotel has a Standard Practice of charging travelers who cancelled a reservation (many people will miss it) - I do not know.
But in my case the hotel was "upset" that I disputed it with Chase and sent Chase a Registration form and a Bill both with my signatures FORGED.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:05 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
I'd report it to the Texas Attorney General's office Consumer Protection Division: https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov...mer-protection
Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chrisny2
I'd report it to the Texas Attorney General's office Consumer Protection Division: https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov...mer-protection
I did. Per their response letter, this is more a Statistics Division. They collect data and monitor trends. Only if there are many complaints against same business they take action.
It is amazing that even in a clear case of fraud no public body will prosecute. This is why there is so much fraud in the US.

Last edited by IntFF; Aug 27, 2018 at 12:06 am
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:08 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by IntFF
I did. Per their response letter, this is more a Statistics Division. They collect data and monitor trends. Only if there are many complaints against same business they take action.
It is amazing that even in a clear case of fraud no public body will prosecute. This is why there is so much fraud in the US.
That's too bad. I had a fraud issue in Ohio and the Ohio Attorney General's Office sent the business a letter, resulting in the business sending me a check.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:40 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
That doesn't help OP. He doesn't need a check as his dispute has been resolved. Favorably.

If this issue recurs on any regular basis, Visa & Mastercard will pick up the excessive dispute rate and deal with the property accordingly. Most particularly by witholding a larger percentage of debits against a chargeback reserve. That really stings for an operating business.

The two most effective things you can do are to provide the specific name of the property and also to post a trip advisor report about the specific property. Leave out incendiary words such as "FRAUD" as those tend to get taken down and are not necessary.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 9:15 am

Agree, saying fraud is a bit over top
Old Nov 13, 2018, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by RookieNeedsAdvice
Agree, saying fraud is a bit over top
How is it over the top? From the OP: "the hotel sent Chase a Fake Registration form with my Signature Forged and a Fake Folio of Charge Details that I confirmed the charge. Again with my signature Forged. ". How is this not fraud?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.