Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wyndham Credit Card Offers

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2018, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
By "doesn't exist any more", I meant that you can't apply for it or convert it it. Lots of cards "exist" for those who got them once long ago, but don't exist for anyone else.

Meanwhile, here's the really wierd thing. I just quoted your message, and I was about to tell you that your link doesn't work. Well, if I click the link in your message, it doesn't work (it says the offer is expired), but when I click the same (?) link in my quote of your message, it works fine. What the bleep???

EDITED TO ADD:

Oh, wait, I just edited my message, and now the link version in my quote of your message says "offer expired" too. What is going on???

And the link in my own message upthread gives the same result now!

Very odd but this link gets me to the app

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...um16WRCCNVPKW4
Old May 31, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
But that card doesn't exist any more.

IOTW, it used to be common for WyndhamRewards cards issued years ago to earn 2 points everywhere, but no longer:

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...um16WRCCNVPKW1

I definitely remember that long before the 15k ponts for all hotels change came about, and before transfers to airlines were gutted, that even a no-annual-fee WyndhamRewards card earned 2 points per dollar on everything. But now even the (new) annual fee cards earn 1 point per dollar on everything outside of a few categories.
Well, I guess I was wrong. I got our annual renewal notice in the mail today, and apparently our card does earn 2 points on all spend. Still probably won't use it, but good to know!
Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512
----
You can also have more than one card and it''s very churnable so no need to wait for 45K, keep the 45K card you have and open more 30K cards.
I'm a new fan of the WR card. My partner and I both got the card w/ 45K points and booked a 6 night stay in Beaver Creek for 2019 ski season and will be using the reciprocal benefits at Atlantis for another 6 nights. Not bad for $75 each.

What is very churnable for you? How many cards can one hold at once and how often do you apply?

I've been applying for barclay cards roughly 1 per 6 months, but haven't applied for dups since the US airways days...
Old Jun 26, 2018, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by pokeygirl
I'm a new fan of the WR card. My partner and I both got the card w/ 45K points and booked a 6 night stay in Beaver Creek for 2019 ski season and will be using the reciprocal benefits at Atlantis for another 6 nights. Not bad for $75 each.

What is very churnable for you? How many cards can one hold at once and how often do you apply?

I've been applying for barclay cards roughly 1 per 6 months, but haven't applied for dups since the US airways days...

I only had 2 open at once
Old Jul 1, 2018, 6:37 pm

Programs: AOPA
Got an email 45,000 offer is back.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by teddy25
Got an email 45,000 offer is back.
I did too. It said "for a limited time" but didn't specify when it ends.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:34 pm
Suspended

I did too. It said "for a limited time" but didn't specify when it ends.
is it targeted in that its a preapproved CC and has your name and acct# filled in? if not can you post a link to the app
Old Jul 2, 2018, 6:15 pm

Dr of credit has the 45k link on his page
Old Jul 2, 2018, 7:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
DPs on DoC indicate it's been updated to impose 6/24. If so, RIP.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 7:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Dr of credit has the 45k link on his page
Thx,, funny it that Wyn has only the 30k as tops and Barclay has the 15k as tops

DoC has 8/10 as the exp date, which is good as I need the time to work some things out
Old Jul 3, 2018, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by italdesign

Then it becomes card #6 for my wife whom went card free for 2 years prior to 2018
Old Jul 11, 2018, 6:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by italdesign
I dont believe this is correct,Im way over 6/24 and 2 of them were Bars JetBlue CC and Wyn no fee CC. And was just approved for the 45k CC.My 2nd payment of my just closed
statement no fee Wyn CCshould reach them by tomorrow it s/b all pd off, I will CX that card and move most of the CL to my new Wyn CC since it came with a low CL but high enough to meet the min Spend, eventually I will go back to fee free or none.

Or since my 2 Bar CCs have had very high use volume they gave it to me besdies the 6/24 rule
Old Jul 11, 2018, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by craz
I dont believe this is correct,Im way over 6/24 and 2 of them were Bars JetBlue CC and Wyn no fee CC. And was just approved for the 45k CC.My 2nd payment of my just closed
statement no fee Wyn CCshould reach them by tomorrow it s/b all pd off, I will CX that card and move most of the CL to my new Wyn CC since it came with a low CL but high enough to meet the min Spend, eventually I will go back to fee free or none.

Or since my 2 Bar CCs have had very high use volume they gave it to me besdies the 6/24 rule
Actually, who says there's a 6/24 "rule"? There's a post on the DoC website that disputes such claims on reddit, it seems to be a YMMV thing at most.

Anything that appears on reddit only (or is based on appearances on reddit only) should be taken with a beaker full of salt, because no one "drills" into datapoints on reddit the way we do here on FT or the day DoC does it on his site.

So it's not a question necessarily of what it applies to, it's first a question of whether it actually exists as a "rule".
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:28 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Personally I care more about the annual benefits after paying fee.

$75 for the fee card looks like break even, 6000 from the card and 3000 from Platinum status (anyone please correct if I'm wrong). How did I miss out those old credit cards with 15K?
Old Aug 13, 2019, 2:23 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by vincewy
Personally I care more about the annual benefits after paying fee.

$75 for the fee card looks like break even, 6000 from the card and 3000 from Platinum status (anyone please correct if I'm wrong). How did I miss out those old credit cards with 15K?
I think its only 6K with af nothing more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.