Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wyndham Go Free Go Plus Activities

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2017, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Wyndham Go Free Plus Award Activities per destination

As a Wyndham Diamond the new perk is that you get 2 free tickets per award night to a local activity in certain cities on go free award nights. I thought it might be helpful to know what your options are per city.

After a pleasant stay at the Tryp in NYC the three activities that they let you choose from when staying at a Wyndham property in NYC are:

1) pizza walking tour of Manhattan
2) foodfest tour of Chinatown & Little Italy
3) NY harbor Hop on Hop Off Cruise

Being that we were there for four nights, we booked one of each, but ended up skipping the pizza tour. Descriptions of the tour activities can be found at Viator.com.

Last edited by longleaf; May 12, 2017 at 10:48 am
Old May 14, 2017, 7:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Did you get any other benefits? Room upgrade?
Old May 15, 2017, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Nope. No upgrade to a premium room or suite, which was kind of a bummer. I called ahead of time to request a premium room bc of Diamond status & they said I had to request at checkin. Well, I did request at checkin & was denied because they were full occupancy. No other benefits either.
Old May 15, 2017, 5:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Gotcha. Thanks.
Old May 16, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
You can see the options here, and if you call them they sometimes offer a bit more:

https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/...ction?variant=

Note that for LA / San Diego it is listed under Southern California, but all the activities are in San Diego. I just passed up on 8 tickets cause I'm not heading down to San Diego
Old May 16, 2017, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lsed
You can see the options here, and if you call them they sometimes offer a bit more:

https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/...ction?variant=

Note that for LA / San Diego it is listed under Southern California, but all the activities are in San Diego. I just passed up on 8 tickets cause I'm not heading down to San Diego
The link you provided is for "discounts" on Go Fast Plus tickets. Those tickets aren't options under the Go Free Plus activity award. None of the activities under that link (Empire State tour, tv tour, dessert walking tour) in NYC are options as free tickets.

The free tickets as a Diamond are found here: https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/...amond&variant=

However, only 1 option is listed though as a default for each city. For example in NYC they offered me 8tickets to the pizza tour which is listed. You have to call to see what the other options actually are. I asked for other options and she said the only ones they offer in NYC under the Go Free Plus award are the three activities mentioned in the OP.

Good to know there are no activities offered in LA area since there is a decent property in Santa Monica.

Last edited by longleaf; May 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm
Old May 24, 2017, 8:20 pm

Programs: Wyndham
Wish they would just give us a 10 dollar gift card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.