Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Still waiting on 15k annual bonus from Wyndham Rewards Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2017, 11:33 am
Original Poster

My anniversary date for my Wyndham Rewards Visa card was last September and I have still yet to receive my bonus. I've called Barclay 5 times now and they keep giving me the run around saying that someone will be in touch with me about this issue. Is there anything else I can do to speed this up? Anyone else have a similar story?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 4:10 pm

Did you get any anniversary points ?

The new card gives Platinum Status and 9K points per year if I'm reading it right.

3k for being platinum and 6K for renewing the card.

My wife's 15K posted in August no problem
Old Mar 23, 2017, 10:23 am
Original Poster

I received 6k for Diamond but that comes from Wyndham. The 15k for the renewal of the card comes from Barclay I think. The 15k annual bonus was the original offer when the card first came out. Now it has been reduced to 6k annual bonus.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Autopilot65
I received 6k for Diamond but that comes from Wyndham. The 15k for the renewal of the card comes from Barclay I think. The 15k annual bonus was the original offer when the card first came out. Now it has been reduced to 6k annual bonus.

The new bonus is actually 9k as you get 3k for being platinum and 6K from Barclay.

Since the card is churn-able you can time it so you just get 3K and avoid the 2nd AF

What I meant was did Barclay give you any points for renewal as that 15K offer was very short lived and the offer before and after the 15K was 6k per year. You should have received some points.

If I was you I would just cancel, wait a couple months and get the card again
Old Mar 24, 2017, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyer4512
The new bonus is actually 9k as you get 3k for being platinum and 6K from Barclay.
Ok, well I achieved Diamond last year and received 6k points per the entitlement in the "Wyndham Rewards" perks list.

What I meant was did Barclay give you any points for renewal as that 15K offer was very short lived and the offer before and after the 15K was 6k per year. You should have received some points.
I don't see anything on my account indicating that I received points from Barclay. I signed up for the card when they were offering the 15k bonus and confirmed that I would receive this the first time I called. They keep telling me that they're "looking into it." I've been inquiring about it for 3 months.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 10:21 am

My 15K posted at the same time as my annual fee.

Good luck dealing with Barclay's. They are by far the absolute worst bank I have ever been associated with. I had an issue that I finally gave up on after more than two dozen phone calls. I feel that part of the problem is that their overseas call centers just can't operate from anything other than a script. Plus, their supervisors are not empowered in the least bit. Unfortunately, when transferred to domestic associates, things weren't much better.

Barclay's and Wyndham were made for each other.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Ok, well I achieved Diamond last year and received 6k points per the entitlement in the "Wyndham Rewards" perks list.

I don't see anything on my account indicating that I received points from Barclay. I signed up for the card when they were offering the 15k bonus and confirmed that I would receive this the first time I called. They keep telling me that they're "looking into it." I've been inquiring about it for 3 months.
Originally Posted by TTT103
My 15K posted at the same time as my annual fee.

Good luck dealing with Barclay's. They are by far the absolute worst bank I have ever been associated with. I had an issue that I finally gave up on after more than two dozen phone calls. I feel that part of the problem is that their overseas call centers just can't operate from anything other than a script. Plus, their supervisors are not empowered in the least bit. Unfortunately, when transferred to domestic associates, things weren't much better.

Barclay's and Wyndham were made for each other.
My opinion is just give it time. My choice points is the same problem. I am on statement number 2 after i had some points and they still havent posted. I basically just stopped using the card. Its not worth it to keep after points and make sur ei got them when other cards post them about 2 days after my statement closes. So it just sits there for balance transfers. Kind of a shame because I would be able to get one or two fre nights a year with my ppoints for spend.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
My Card Benefits still state that I receive 2 points for every dollar spent on all purchases and 15,000 points on anniversary. This is different than the current card offers so I am hoping I am grandfathered in. I haven't used the card in awhile and will keep it if I continue to get these benefits.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 5:05 pm

Cancel and get a new card.

Originally Posted by 236Dakota
My Card Benefits still state that I receive 2 points for every dollar spent on all purchases and 15,000 points on anniversary. This is different than the current card offers so I am hoping I am grandfathered in. I haven't used the card in awhile and will keep it if I continue to get these benefits.
A new card will give you 9k points per year plus another 30K points ( saying you can't find a 45k offer) for making the spend and Platinum Status.

The only reasons we keep my wife's 15K card is because she is card free until 2018 ( our 5/24 person) and I don't like to close all cards with a bank and all she has open at Barcaly now is the Wyndham

Come 2018 ( after she gets the 5 Chase cards) we will open an Arrival, close the Wyndham and get her a new Wyndham a few months later.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 12:29 pm

My anniversary date for my Wyndham Rewards Visa card was last September and I have still yet to receive my bonus. I've called Barclay 5 times now and they keep giving me the run around saying that someone will be in touch with me about this issue. Is there anything else I can do to speed this up? Anyone else have a similar story?
I had a similar issue last year. Was your AF waived by any chance? I also had multiple phone calls with them, and the issue ended up being that since the $69 had never posted to my account (called ahead to get it waived through a retention offer) it didn't "trigger" the annual bonus. A rep told me to make a payment in the exact amount of $69, and voila, I got my points. Really weird, but it worked for me.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:03 am

I have this card also and my account is always messed up. When I paid the previous AF I did not receive the 15k points and had to ASK for it. Interestingly enough the CSR ASKED ME 'How many points are you expecting to receive?"

It seems to me that Barclaycard constantly changes the offer and terms of the card but rather than moving existing cardholders to the updated program they have customers with the same card but different terms and offers.

I will now how to fight again for my 15K annual renewal points. I am assuming no one that has the card with the annual fee AND 15K point renewal bonus has gotten any written updated terms and offers regarding Annual Fee and point bonus changes? Until I receive that change of terms (Like I did for the Barclays Arrival Plus Card which I then downgraded) I will continue to demand the 15k points renewal bonus that I originally signed up for.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 5:57 pm

Programs: Krisflyer silver
Originally Posted by Phillyasian
I have this card also and my account is always messed up. When I paid the previous AF I did not receive the 15k points and had to ASK for it. Interestingly enough the CSR ASKED ME 'How many points are you expecting to receive?"

It seems to me that Barclaycard constantly changes the offer and terms of the card but rather than moving existing cardholders to the updated program they have customers with the same card but different terms and offers.

I will now how to fight again for my 15K annual renewal points. I am assuming no one that has the card with the annual fee AND 15K point renewal bonus has gotten any written updated terms and offers regarding Annual Fee and point bonus changes? Until I receive that change of terms (Like I did for the Barclays Arrival Plus Card which I then downgraded) I will continue to demand the 15k points renewal bonus that I originally signed up for.
I have the 15K points annual offer and it always posted as Barclay Rental car spend. I have to fight the first time but now it seems to post fine without my intervention.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by Gun_blade
I have the 15K points annual offer and it always posted as Barclay Rental car spend. I have to fight the first time but now it seems to post fine without my intervention.
My wifes posted the same way, rental car. She has never had problems getting the 15K and has another 15k due in Sept
Old Sep 4, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: whatever it takes
I had to call and complain to get my 15,000 points. If I didn't call, they probably would have never posted it. My 15,000 points posted in March 2017, but anniversary date of my card was in September 2016.

Didn't have a huge need for the points, so it took me awhile to complain. On the bright side, I did redeem it for a Days Inn in Oregon near the eclipse...so got good value.

We'll see how long it takes for the next 15,000. I don't spend a lot on the card, but I do regular spend on it...my only Barclays card at the moment.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: whatever it takes
after reading this thread...maybe at some point I will cancel it and get the newer Wyndham version. Yes, lower annual renewal bonus, but you do get Platinum status. And I would get another signup bonus...

Though not sure how valuable Wyndham status is to me. Now if you could get Total Rewards Diamond match, that would be worth it. Total Rewards Platinum -- only real benefit to me is "free parking" at Caesars and related hotels in Vegas....would like to avoid those silly resort fees, but that requires Diamond level...and not interested in the Founderscard.

Regardless, ability to book Caesars Palace on points sounds appealing. Wonder if they will have the Go Fast awards working.

Mlife - Hyatt
Palazzo/Venetian - IHG
Total Rewards - Wyndham

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.