Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Miami Shelbourne property leaving Wyndham

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2016, 11:58 am
Original Poster

I received an email that this is happening 12-1-16. They are honoring my points reservation there later this month.

Sucks
Old Dec 1, 2016, 8:27 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Wonder what will happen to my January Go-Free reservation. I'll check my email, but I don't think I received anything.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 10:26 am

That is quite a loss for Wyndham.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 7:48 am

I wonder who cancelled the Wyndham agreement:

http://www.floridabulldog.org/2016/0...s-foreclosure/
Old Dec 9, 2016, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
I have a Wyndham Go Free reservation in mid-January, called the hotel, they confirmed it will be honored.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Any aspirational property within Wyndham will inevitably leave.

First Koloa Landing.

Now Shelborne South Beach.

Is there even one aspirational property left?

In essence: Wyndham is a place for second tier, third tier and fourth tier properties. First tier? If ever happens, is not for long.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 11:14 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Where else?

It's getting cold soon. Any thoughts on a substitute Wyndham Florida winter get away.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Kinda bummed as we stayed here one night and still had one 15k points left for another night from the daily getaways.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by miadukes
Kinda bummed as we stayed here one night and still had one 15k points left for another night from the daily getaways.
How was the one night?
I have a stay coming up
Old Mar 7, 2017, 1:00 pm

Any updates to this list, with all the comings and goings?
Old Apr 22, 2017, 10:50 am

I never received an email on them exiting Wyndham and found out on checkin this morning.

No issues with the existing booking but this really sucks. This was our go to hotel for weekend getaways and I really liked to property itself...
Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:44 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Had a stay at the Shelborne last week on points. I was wondering about the resort fee.. If I remember correctly, there was no resort fee to pay on an award stay 2 years ago. But this time I had to pay the resort fee.
Is it because the Hotel left Wyndham? Any experiences with that?
Old Mar 4, 2020, 1:43 pm

No longer a Wyndham hotel, but based on my stay there last week, that's a good thing. Our oceanfront balcony room had stains on the curtains, stains on the carpet, stains on the covers, crud on the balcony railing, and a dirty chair on the balcony. Service was poor. (Well, the servers were perfectly nice once you managed to capture their attention, but that took major work.) Our blll was padded with a wine charge, though we had not had any. (They took it off.). The elevators are in very poor shape both mechanically and from an appearance perspective. One or the other (2 total) was out of order most days we were there. The other one had doors that didn't always fully close. The staff seems remarkably unmotivated. Finally, the music was at such a loud level that it was virtually impossible to have a conversation with a companion anywhere near the bar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.