Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Favorite All-inclusive?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2016, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: United, delta, AA, Alaskan, Frontier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt, Chase Sapphire
Favorite All-inclusive?

Anyone have a favorite? Food and drink is important but love to fish and snorkel on my own. Would like to use Southwest miles. Thanks
Old Nov 4, 2016, 11:03 am

I too would be interested in hearing opinions of those who stayed at a number of the Viva's.

I have two weeks booked at the Viva Azteca, so we'll see how that goes. I've stayed at the Iberostar LaRomana, and have ventured next door to the two Viva's there. They look descent, but definitely a few notches down from the Spanish all-inclusive chains.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 9:43 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, UA Silver, AA Gold
I've stayed All Inclusive on points at Viva Azteca, Maya, and Samana V. The Viva properties in Mexico are great, and are located close to each other. You have the ability to use both facilities which is great. Both properties can be ridiculously crowded, as Mexico is all around 'easier' for many people to do travel wise. Food was okay for the most part; buffets were kind of meh, while the restaurants were better. They have a better liquor selection for wyndham rewards people (Diamond perk at these hotels maybe?)

Samana V kind of was a let down. Stayed in September for a week and it was just average. Not a lot of people there which is great, but English is not understood well. They didn't understand anything about the Rewards Program, (Tried for a suite upgrade which were available) and they just said they were sold out (lied). Food was okay, and drinks especially beer were usually pretty bad. Bobmay was the highlight there for me. The hotel is kind of hard to get to and is not located in Samana as the hotel name portrays. Transfers to and from the airport will cost a lot of money if you don't want to take public buses. Beautiful beach however.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by SPLITTERZ
I've stayed All Inclusive on points at Viva Azteca, Maya, and Samana V.
Did I make the correct choice by booking Azteca versus Maya? My understanding is that Azteca is much more laid back than Maya. Maya still has room, so I could make the switch.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, UA Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by TTT103
Did I make the correct choice by booking Azteca versus Maya? My understanding is that Azteca is much more laid back than Maya. Maya still has room, so I could make the switch.
Stick with the Azteca. The Italian restaurant at the Maya is delicious. You can use facilities for both.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by SPLITTERZ
Stick with the Azteca. The Italian restaurant at the Maya is delicious. You can use facilities for both.
Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.