Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question for Wyndham Allison.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Question for Wyndham Allison.

Is there a reason why I can't book the Wyndham Beacon Hill Boston past April 30, 2017 ? I have been trying to book a June 2017 stay for over a month

I PM'd you this same question so maybe you didn't see it.

Thanks
Old Aug 29, 2016, 7:16 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
Originally Posted by flyer4512
Is there a reason why I can't book the Wyndham Beacon Hill Boston past April 30, 2017 ? I have been trying to book a June 2017 stay for over a month

I PM'd you this same question so maybe you didn't see it.

Thanks
Hi flyer4512,

I'm checking on this for you and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks!
Old Aug 31, 2016, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Do you know if Wyndham has any plans to make the website more user friendly ?

If we could see our reservations after logging in without knowing the confirmation number and being able to cancel award reservations online would be a great start.

Thanks
Old Sep 1, 2016, 8:17 am

If we could see our reservations after logging in without knowing the confirmation number and being able to cancel award reservations online would be a great start.

Thanks
Hi flyer4512,

Thanks so much for your feedback! We're always looking for feedback on how we can improve our website and will be sure to pass long your suggestion to our web development team.

Thanks!
Alison
Old Sep 2, 2016, 5:47 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold

Thanks
This is the most amazing thing that doesn't exist.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 8:49 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Status Match ?

Hi Allison,
Are there any changes coming up in your Status Match policy? I understand Wyndham has not done this in recent years. I have top status with Hilton and Starwood. I am currently Blue with Wyndham.
I have an upcoming reward stay at Shelborne Wyndham Grand South Beach, and was hoping to get upgraded from City View , to Ocean View.
The upgrade is really more important to me than the Status. Perhaps you, or someone else can suggest another route to the upgrade.
Would consider , additional points, some cash, or Flyertalk Goodwill gesture.
Thanks,
Old Sep 4, 2016, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beachmiles
Hi Allison,
Are there any changes coming up in your Status Match policy? I understand Wyndham has not done this in recent years. I have top status with Hilton and Starwood. I am currently Blue with Wyndham.
I have an upcoming reward stay at Shelborne Wyndham Grand South Beach, and was hoping to get upgraded from City View , to Ocean View.
The upgrade is really more important to me than the Status. Perhaps you, or someone else can suggest another route to the upgrade.
Thanks,
Actually, there is no "recent years" about it. WyndhamRewards has only had true status for a few months so far. It never had true status before. (The so-called "Gold Status" they had before was nothing more than a promo mis-named as status.)
Old Sep 4, 2016, 10:48 am

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
The easy solution to getting an Ocean View room is to actually book and pay for one. That avoids enabling 'status matching' to devalue the status that loyal Wyndham guests have built up by actually staying a Wyndham properties. I pay for my higher grade rooms rather than rely on some possible (and rare) upgrade to get me in the room that I really want to stay in.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 12:01 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by MichaelBaku
The easy solution to getting an Ocean View room is to actually book and pay for one. That avoids enabling 'status matching' to devalue the status that loyal Wyndham guests have built up by actually staying a Wyndham properties. I pay for my higher grade rooms rather than rely on some possible (and rare) upgrade to get me in the room that I really want to stay in.
Interesting idea. Wyndham invited me to apply for their Barclaycards Visa. Wyndham makes income selling points to Barclay. I am entitled to get the best value for those points.
That's kind of what we do here.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 12:23 pm

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Interesting idea. Wyndham invited me to apply for their Barclaycards Visa. Wyndham makes income selling points to Barclay. I am entitled to get the best value for those points.
That's kind of what we do here.
I agree that getting the best value for your hard-earned points is what we all try to do but your original post was about status matching/upgrades. The Barclaycard offer gives you free night(s) but does not give any status upgrade offer AFAIK. Wyndham Reward Free nights are usually for standard rooms only. And yes, you are right, hotel chains make money out of selling points to credit card companies. I doubt they make much money/gain much loyalty out of status matching.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 12:39 pm

I agree that getting the best value for your hard-earned points is what we all try to do but your original post was about status matching/upgrades. The Barclaycard offer gives you free night(s) but does not give any status upgrade offer AFAIK. Wyndham Reward Free nights are usually for standard rooms only. And yes, you are right, hotel chains make money out of selling points to credit card companies. I doubt they make much money/gain much loyalty out of status matching.
I spend some time in Miami Beach. Usually stay at the W a few doors down from the Wyndham Grand or a Hilton Property down the beach. I book a basic room using points or cash. My Status generally gets me upgraded to ocean view upper floor.
I think the Wyndham Rewards program offers a great value at 15,000 points per award night. But I'd be more likely to spend nights in these properties if I could expect treatment similar to what I'm already getting at SPG and Hilton.
That's why some Hotels and Airlines offer Status match, to gain new customers.

Last edited by beachmiles; Sep 4, 2016 at 1:40 pm
Old Sep 4, 2016, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Now that's funny. you would be surprised what $50 at check in can do.

Last edited by flyer4512; Sep 4, 2016 at 7:42 pm
Old Sep 4, 2016, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's why some Hotels and Airlines offer Status match, to gain new customers.
While other hotel programs just offer challenges (make N paid stays in X months and we'll give SuperDuper elite status) rather than Status Matches, to make the customer get there faster but only if they're really planning to stay at this new program a lot (not just because they say so).

Yes, earlier this year. Hilton matched my Marriott Platinum to Hilton Diamond with no requirements Nice for me, but a little silly for them (I'm not staying at Hilton any more as Diamond than when I had Gold from some other promo for the last four years, which is just a few nights a year). Marriott required me to do "a taste of" status challenge when I started staying regularly with them, that was smart for them (and since I really wanted to stay with them a lot, I didn't mind).

With WyndhamRewards elite status being so new (just a few months old), it's probably too soon to expect either of those. But (when the time comes), I see no reason to expect a status match per se, I'd say a status challenge is at least as likely (someday).

Last edited by sdsearch; Sep 4, 2016 at 8:31 pm
Old Sep 8, 2016, 7:27 am

Hi Allison,
Thanks,
Hi beachmiles,

Thanks for being a Wyndham Rewards member! Status match is a feature we're working on for our Member Levels program and I'll be sure to notify you if/when it becomes available.

In the meantime, please send me a Private Message with your confirmation number for your stay at the Shelborne Wyndham Grand South Beach, and I'll see what the property can do in terms of upgrading your room.

Thanks,
Alison
Old Dec 3, 2016, 7:32 am

Hi Alison, I am resending a PM to you. Please be on the lookout for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.