Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

3,000 AA miles per stay- Winter Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2015, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

I know that Wyndham used to issue stay credit for no shows, but I can't find this anywhere. Does this still apply? Looks like a good promotion!

The 2015-16 “AAdvantage Miles Winter Promotion” (the “Promotion”) begins on December 1, 2015 and ends on February 29, 2016 (the “Registration Period”). To qualify for the Promotion and earn 3,000 miles per qualified stay a Member must (i) choose to earn with American Airlines AAdvantage® miles in their member profile, (ii) register for the Promotion above or by calling 1-866-996-7937 during the Registration Period, (iii) book at least 1 Qualified Stay, at a participating hotel, with arrival dates between December 1, 2015 and February 29, 2016 (the “Promotion Period”), and (iv) complete the Qualified Stay by March 7, 2016 (the period beginning on December 1, 2015 and ending on February 29, 2016 hereinafter referred to as the “Promotion Period”). A Member may earn up to 12,000 additional AAdvantage bonus miles by (i) booking additional Qualified Stays, at a participating hotel at a Qualifying Rate, with arrival dates within the Promotion Period and (ii) completing the additional Qualified Stays by March 7, 2016. Members will earn 15,000 miles starting with their first Qualified Stay, as described above, for up to five (5) separate Qualified Stays with a maximum of 3 rooms per stay. Each Qualified Stay includes all consecutive nights at the same participating hotel, regardless of check-ins or check-outs. Member stays with check-out dates after March 7, 2016 will not be counted towards the Promotion. Rates offered by most on-line travel agencies and certain other rates do not qualify. Members should allow six to eight weeks after completion of registration and relevant Qualified Stays for the bonus miles, issued pursuant to this Promotion, to be credited to their account. Members who have elected to earn Wyndham Rewards points in their member profile will not be eligible to earn miles under this Promotion. This Promotion is subject to cancellation or change without notice. Void where prohibited by law. Full Wyndham Rewards Guest Rewards Program terms and conditions apply and can be found at www.WyndhamRewards.com/terms. Capitalized terms used but not defined in these terms and conditions shall have the meanings ascribed to them in the Wyndham Rewards Guest Rewards Program terms and conditions. See www.WyndhamRewards.com for Participating Hotel brands and locations. Super 8 hotels in China do not participate in this Promotion. American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage® program and its terms and conditions at any time without notice, and to end the AAdvantage® program with six months notice. Any such changes may affect your ability to use the awards or mileage credits that you have accumulated. Unless specified, AAdvantage® miles earned through this promotion/offer do not count toward elite-status qualification or AAdvantage Million Miler SMstatus. American Airlines is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies. For complete details about the AAdvantage® program, visit aa.com/aadvantage.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
I'm a WR newbie, wanted to confirm that, since a minimum-night requirement wasn't listed, that a one-night stay would qualify for this promo?
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IceTrojan
I'm a WR newbie, wanted to confirm that, since a minimum-night requirement wasn't listed, that a one-night stay would qualify for this promo?
Yes definitely a single night stay will qualify as long as base cost is $25usd
Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:40 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Is the AAA rate considered a qualifying rate?
Old Dec 5, 2015, 2:29 am

Programs: TK E+
Does staying at a "go fast" rate (with e.g. $150 cash component) considered a Qualified Stay?
Old Dec 5, 2015, 2:32 am

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by bamba70
Does staying at a "go fast" rate (with e.g. $150 cash component) considered a Qualified Stay?
Seems not: https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/...on?variant=#49
Old Dec 6, 2015, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oopl
Is the AAA rate considered a qualifying rate?
Both AAA and AARP are considered qualifying rates.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Looks like two of my stays already posted correctly, with 3,000 aa miles each! Now just to see how long they take to post to my AA.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Looks like two of my stays already posted correctly, with 3,000 aa miles each! Now just to see how long they take to post to my AA.
What about regular points, what happened to them...I need 3300 points in my AA act. for a flight. thanks
Old Dec 11, 2015, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mech11
What about regular points, what happened to them...I need 3300 points in my AA act. for a flight. thanks
No, you don't. AA has separate things (for now) called miles and points. Only miles can be used for flights. Points are only (one way for) getting elite status.

You never get AA points (or anything elite-status-related) from hotel promos, only redeemable AA miles.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Quote:

Quote:

No, you don't. AA has separate things (for now) called miles and points. Only miles can be used for flights. Points are only (one way for) getting elite status.

You never get AA points (or anything elite-status-related) from hotel promos, only redeemable AA miles.
I'm pretty sure he is talking about miles.

I earned the 3,000 bonus miles plus the 2 miles per dollar, so I earned about 3,100 miles each. To get 3,300 then you will have to spend $150 at a property that gives 2 miles per dollar and not flat rate of 500 points.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 4:15 am

I earned the 3,000 bonus miles plus the 2 miles per dollar, so I earned about 3,100 miles each. To get 3,300 then you will have to spend $150 at a property that gives 2 miles per dollar and not flat rate of 500 points.
Yes thank-you, I did mean Miles,

There's a hotel in vegas I can get for $25 or $28 with 1000 point bonus.
So I guess that would do, and $28.00 is pretty good for filling in the AA miles "I guess"

thanks again
Old Dec 12, 2015, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Quote:

Yes thank-you, I did mean Miles,

There's a hotel in vegas I can get for $25 or $28 with 1000 point bonus.
So I guess that would do, and $28.00 is pretty good for filling in the AA miles "I guess"

thanks again
Those 1000 bonus points would be bonus Wyndham points, not miles. For that stay you are looking at 3,050 AA miles & 1,000 Wyndham stay twice (not consecutive nights!!)- 6,100 aa miles.

Also keep in mind, the base rate must be $25 or more to be qualifying. So $25+ tax is fine, below that, not ok
Old Dec 12, 2015, 7:38 am

Those 1000 bonus points would be bonus Wyndham points, not miles. For that stay you are looking at 3,050 AA miles & 1,000 Wyndham stay twice (not consecutive nights!!)- 6,100 aa miles.

Also keep in mind, the base rate must be $25 or more to be qualifying. So $25+ tax is fine, below that, not ok
So stay 4 times (cost around $100 odd) you end up with a one way from west to east coast on AA. ( the wheels are turning )

Could you tell me what 6000 Wyndham points exchange into miles, they don't want to tell me because I don't have that many. yet
Old Dec 12, 2015, 11:09 am
Suspended

Programs: RIP
So stay 4 times (cost around $100 odd) you end up with a one way from west to east coast on AA. ( the wheels are turning )

Could you tell me what 6000 Wyndham points exchange into miles, they don't want to tell me because I don't have that many. yet
Where is the 25$+ requirement?

When did WR disallow no-shows in the terms (IIRC)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.