Wiki Posts
Search

Any programs transfer to Wyndham?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2015, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NWA WorldPerks, UA Mileage Plus & CX Marco Polo
Any programs transfer to Wyndham?

Pretty sure the answer to this is no., as I have done several searches,. I am a few thousand points short of an award., and have already bought 5,000pts for the year.

Melia Rewards appears to be the only program that I have found., and have not been having much luck with them.

Thought about trying to sign up for one of the special offers (lifelock, energyplus, but points will all take too long to post)

Thanks for any suggestions!
Old Jul 5, 2015, 5:19 pm

Another Wyndham member can purchase up to 5,000 points per year at a price of $11 per 1,000 and gift to you (at WyndhamRewards.com). However, I believe you can receive a maximum of 5,000 points per year with this method (i.e. I don't think you could receive more than one 5,000-point gift this way). I think the points take only a few days to post.

Obviously this isn't a 'transfer' option, but a quick way to get some points from a friend or family member who is also a Wyndham member.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 12:26 am

Programs: Starwood/Hyatt/IHG-PLAT/Hilton-DIA
bump - looking for a backdoor way into some wyndham points

I need 15K to book a freaking travelodge that is going for $375 with tax during a busy weekend in a wedding city

Please help or PM me!
Old Jul 10, 2015, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by rb23lb
bump - looking for a backdoor way into some wyndham points

I need 15K to book a freaking travelodge that is going for $375 with tax during a busy weekend in a wedding city

Please help or PM me!
Wow, a Travelodge at $375? Where is that property located? Just curious.

Based on the following assumptions:
  • A "Go Fast" award (3k points + cash) isn't available at this property on the date you're considering
  • You don't already have the Barclay Wyndham Rewards Visa card but need to get these points quickly
  • You haven't purchased or been gifted any points yet for 2015
  • You haven't yet earned the 3,000 Bonus Points promotion

Below is what I would do in your situation:
  • Purchase 5k points for $55 on the Wyndham Rewards website
  • Find a friend or family member who is also a Wyndham Rewards member to buy you a gift of 5k points ($55 cost for them - take them out to dinner or something, haha)
  • Register for the 3,000 Bonus Points promotion on the Wyndham Rewards website
  • Find a nearby Super 8/Days Inn/Microtel/Knights Inn/etc. and book a room on an upcoming weeknight for 1 Adult at the "BEST RATE PLUS 2000 PTS" rate (this might cost you around $75 - but make sure that you check-in so it's not treated as a "No Show") - not all properties have this rate available but in my area there are still a fair number that do

This could still cost approx $185 but it might be worth it in your situation.

Assuming you're starting with a zero balance, this should give you 15k+ points fairly quickly. Good luck.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 5:26 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
If you do not have enough points for a free night stay, we do have the go fast award.

A go fast award is a redemption option that will allow you to redeem 3,000 Wyndham Rewards points to obtain discounted rates at hotels that participate in the go fast award program. In other words, you can use your Wyndham Rewards points as partial payment to pay for rooms at participating hotels.

Please keep in mind, not all Wyndham Rewards Hotels participate in the go fast Award Program.

Originally Posted by ryanjudy
Pretty sure the answer to this is no., as I have done several searches,. I am a few thousand points short of an award., and have already bought 5,000pts for the year.

Melia Rewards appears to be the only program that I have found., and have not been having much luck with them.

Thought about trying to sign up for one of the special offers (lifelock, energyplus, but points will all take too long to post)

Thanks for any suggestions!
Old Jul 16, 2015, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Dadofsix
Another Wyndham member can purchase up to 5,000 points per year at a price of $11 per 1,000 and gift to you (at WyndhamRewards.com). However, I believe you can receive a maximum of 5,000 points per year with this method (i.e. I don't think you could receive more than one 5,000-point gift this way). I think the points take only a few days to post.

Obviously this isn't a 'transfer' option, but a quick way to get some points from a friend or family member who is also a Wyndham member.
OP states that he or she has already purchased 5K Wyndham points,

Is the gift option IN ADDITION to purchasing for oneself?

I thought per Wyndham rules it is one OR the other--not both.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by travelexpert
OP states that he or she has already purchased 5K Wyndham points,

Is the gift option IN ADDITION to purchasing for oneself?

I thought per Wyndham rules it is one OR the other--not both.
Interesting...the 5/11/15 T&C's do state "in the aggregate that the total of purchased and gifted points does not exceed 5,000 points per year."

However, I had purchased 5k points prior to 5/11/15 and also received a 5k point gift after 5/11/15. Possibly the T&C rules around this were different prior to 5/11 and I was grandfathered in, but I'm not sure. Or else, maybe they just don't enforce their rules very well.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 4:05 am

In my e-rewards account, I can get 1,500 points for $70 e-rewards. That isn't a good deal IMHO compared to choice at 4,000 points for $100, but if you are on the cusp, it might make sense.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 1:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Any data on how long purchased points actually take? I'm in a real time crunch and need the 3k points I purchased to post asap. Is it really 72 hours?
Old Mar 23, 2016, 8:32 pm

I have no idea personally as I value the 4000 Choice points at much more. Head over to the E-rewards forum and someone way know. Even the award fulfillment email I get from e-reward on Choice says 2-3 weeks, even though it is instant.

Choice is instant, but others due have a delay of several days from what I've read.

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Any data on how long purchased points actually take? I'm in a real time crunch and need the 3k points I purchased to post asap. Is it really 72 hours?
Old Mar 24, 2016, 6:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by charlesonmission
I have no idea personally as I value the 4000 Choice points at much more. Head over to the E-rewards forum and someone way know. Even the award fulfillment email I get from e-reward on Choice says 2-3 weeks, even though it is instant.

Choice is instant, but others due have a delay of several days from what I've read.
For anyone else wondering: the purchased points appeared almost exactly 24 hours later.

Now I've got a bigger problem (maybe someone here can help):
  • I need 2 nights in a row (Fri and Sat) but need to book separately b/c using spouse points for one night and my points for the other. Neither had enough for 2 nights total.
  • I called the hotel to ask if they could somehow link two separate reservations so we wouldn't have to change rooms. Assured this would be no problem.
  • So I booked the first night w/ one Wyndham rewards account. All good.
  • Go to book second night w/ my own account and cannot b/c site saying all reservations that weekend must be 2 nights (site WILL allow a Fri-Sun reservation of 2 nights).
  • Call Wyndham CSR and hotel itself to see what can be done. I am, after all, staying for two nights, just reserving them separately.
  • NO GO. They won't even let me pay full $$$ rate for second night added on to first night. You must book 2 nights together w/ same rate (award or pay but not split/both).
  • Any advice?
Old Mar 29, 2016, 5:43 pm

Did you get a result to this?

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
For anyone else wondering: the purchased points appeared almost exactly 24 hours later.

Now I've got a bigger problem (maybe someone here can help):
  • I need 2 nights in a row (Fri and Sat) but need to book separately b/c using spouse points for one night and my points for the other. Neither had enough for 2 nights total.
  • I called the hotel to ask if they could somehow link two separate reservations so we wouldn't have to change rooms. Assured this would be no problem.
  • So I booked the first night w/ one Wyndham rewards account. All good.
  • Go to book second night w/ my own account and cannot b/c site saying all reservations that weekend must be 2 nights (site WILL allow a Fri-Sun reservation of 2 nights).
  • Call Wyndham CSR and hotel itself to see what can be done. I am, after all, staying for two nights, just reserving them separately.
  • NO GO. They won't even let me pay full $$$ rate for second night added on to first night. You must book 2 nights together w/ same rate (award or pay but not split/both).
  • Any advice?
Old Mar 30, 2016, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by charlesonmission
Did you get a result to this?
I did. Called rewards desk and ask led rep to phone hotel manager. Took a while on hold but rep came back and got it done. I now have two separate reservations. Need to call and link the rooms and put spouse name on second room bc I now can't even go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.