Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wyndham Apollo Amsterdam

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Wyndham Apollo Amsterdam

Anyone stay there recently? I was there in November and it was pretty horrible experience, which I finally did a quick review on in my blog, but I wanted to see what other people experienced.

It seems like there is a newer remodeled tower which may be nice, but the hotel often puts guests without status into the older part near the water where they have rooms that look like they are out of the 80s with old, battered furniture, worn carpet and moldy bathrooms. I was pretty disappointed with it, but since it was for work and near the conference center there was no real alternative as we were not paying.

Luckily I moved us out of this and into the Crowne Plaza as soon as the conference ended, which was like a slice of heaven coming from our bad experience here.
Old May 15, 2014, 1:57 am

I've stayed in that neighborhood a few times, but never at the Wyndham (and, following my bad experiences with their corporate customer support last year, I'll probably try to avoid them in the future).

The high-rise Hotel Okura is quite passable and equally close to RAI, though some rooms are dated. The citizenM Hotel, on the other side of the park and also equally close to RAI, has been getting good reviews on TripAdvisor - I have not stayed there but would consider it if I needed to be near RAI. I've also rented apartments in the area with good success. It's a pleasant neighborhood. For my own purposes, I'd rather be much closer to the center of town, where good hotel choices abound.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.