Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

was rejected to check in by redeeming points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2013, 11:13 am
Original Poster

This was a quite embarrassing, disappointing and unpleasant experience. I redeemed a free night by using points at Days Hotel Insun Shanghai tonight. However, when I tried to check-in, the reception of the hotel said they can not see the order form because they were disconnected with the system! What the @*&%?! I showed them the confirmation page that Wyndham sent me by email but nothing was helpful. My friend and I was rejected and embarrassed by the hotel during the middle night! I hope the customer service of the Wyndham could give me an explanation as soon as possible, or we will stay away from this hotel group forever!

Last edited by Prospero; Aug 13, 2013 at 12:05 pm Reason: cloak expletive
Old Aug 13, 2013, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How long ahead of time did you make the reservation? From your phrasing it's not clear whether you reserved just minutes or hours before arriving there (and thus the hotel hadn't connected to Wyndham Rewards since then) or much longer before.

And welcome to FlyerTalk, Jay Wang.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 12:21 pm

Programs: Starwood Preferred Guest / Marriott Rewards / Delta Skymiles
I have booked Wyndham reward nights from the parking lot and walked inside, and they had my reservation. However, that has been in the United States. I am not sure how international works, but I would think there would be some sort of delay. However, with the confirmation page, they should have been able to verify, or made a call or something to confirm.....
Old Aug 13, 2013, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

thanks for reply

the booking was made 20 hours before the check-in, maybe it's late, however, I don't think it can provide any excuse.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 4:08 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
I'm very sorry for your experience. Please private message me your member number so I can look into this for you.

Originally Posted by Jay Wang
This was a quite embarrassing, disappointing and unpleasant experience. I redeemed a free night by using points at Days Hotel Insun Shanghai tonight. However, when I tried to check-in, the reception of the hotel said they can not see the order form because they were disconnected with the system! What the @*&%?! I showed them the confirmation page that Wyndham sent me by email but nothing was helpful. My friend and I was rejected and embarrassed by the hotel during the middle night! I hope the customer service of the Wyndham could give me an explanation as soon as possible, or we will stay away from this hotel group forever!

Old Aug 17, 2013, 12:06 am

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards 2
I'm very sorry for your experience. Please private message me your member number so I can look into this for you.
bravo for fronting up Wyndham, looking forward to hearing back from OP for a response
Old Aug 20, 2013, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by QTFLYER
bravo for fronting up Wyndham, looking forward to hearing back from OP for a response
What he said.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 12:42 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Probably a hotel that has left the system.

Some of these brands (Super 8, Days Inn, Ramada) are really loosely run and seem to have no oversight or power at all over the operators.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by storewanderer
Probably a hotel that has left the system.
What a ridiculous post.

The OP explained in post #1 exactly which hotel it was: Days Inn Insun Shanghai.

And a quick search for Shanghai hotels on Wyndham Rewards' site today shows the hotel is still there:

https://wr.wyndhamrewards.com/hotels...hotel_id=45337

Why couldn't you have done the quick search yourself, instead of guessing at it (and guessing wrong)???
Old Aug 30, 2013, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
What a ridiculous post.
Not necessarily. The OP's comment about degree of corporate supervision is perhaps insightful. My own experience is that Wyndham corporate is terrible at taking ownership of problems. I would not be surprised to see other gaps in their oversight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.