Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2012, 4:26 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by KathinJax
All 48,000 points now taken out of my account and all the stays reverted back to non-qualifying! I had the original e-mail as well. *Sigh* I do not have time to deal with this now, so I will wait until next week and hope that it gets straightened out.
This gets shadier and shadier. Amazing that nobody at Wyndham seems to realize how much damage they are doing to their brand.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA PLT, DL
I converted all my points to aa asap so they can't take them.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by KathinJax
All 48,000 points now taken out of my account and all the stays reverted back to non-qualifying! I had the original e-mail as well. *Sigh* I do not have time to deal with this now, so I will wait until next week and hope that it gets straightened out.
Thanks for the heads up! I also got the email. I had three stays. I drove 6 hours to get to Chicago to stay there because of the promotion, and now they took my points away.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by jteef1
That could very well be true.

This started out similar to the way the emailed promotion started out, except there were far fewer people involved.

Everyone was told they had to have received the email and clicked through the link. No one could get confirmations of whether their stays counted or not. So many people were hesitant to book reservations.

Once people started getting the bonus points in their accounts, more people started booking. But that was at the end of the promotion.
Never mind. I did get the points. But they have taken them away. I got the email. I clicked through the link. I drove to Chicago. I stayed at their hotels. I got my points. And now they took them away.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 6:29 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by HikerT
I cancelled my stays because they said in no uncertain terms the promotion would not be honored. So apparently now they are offering 16K selectively? I sent several PMs and wasn't extended this offer? They just can't help but dig themselves a bigger hole can they?
Sounds like you have a short memory. Just yesterday you posted in this thread:

Decided I didn't want to waste any more of my time with the Wyndham reps here and gave a direct call to the Utah property. A friendly lady answered and I politely told her that I wanted to cancel some non-refundable stays for a promo that wasn't being honored. She knew exactly what I was talking about, and said it wouldn't be a problem. All she needed was my name, then quickly found all 3 stays, and cancelled them. Took 30 seconds max.

If you just want to cancel, don't waste your time with the Wyndham reps here. They won't lift a finger unless you provide everything on their checklist including name, member number, property location, dates, and confirmation numbers with instructions to cancel in no uncertain terms. The only assurance they offer is to "try" to cancel, leaving you in limbo. I would only PM them as a last resort.

Good luck to those of you with the patience to fight this. Wyndham won this round, lost a customer for life.
You didn't want to waste more time, you admitted that didn't have the patience. You refused to PM Wyndham by choice. Sorry, but as bad as Wyndham has handled this, you can't blame them for you giving up and canceling your reservations.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Priority Club Platinum, Starwood Gold, National Emerald Club
WOW. What is going on here!? I am so upset. I just went to reserve an upcoming stay in NYC for 2nts with 32k of my points and they have VANISHED. I fully complied with all terms of the promotion, was targeted via email, registered via email and had the bonus points deposited in my account. Now they are GONE and I can't reserve my hotel this evening. I really need these points back ASAP.

And yes, as someone who works for a large public relations agency, Wyndham is definitely do lots of damage to their brand. Unbelievable. I've never experienced anything like this. Perhaps I should have just stuck with Priority Club and Starwood . . .
Old Oct 25, 2012, 7:34 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold, the rest come and go
Reservation for tomorrow night cancelled without any notice and without my permission.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by fti
Yep, I said I didn't have the patience to fight for the points. Why would I need to fight for the points Sherlock? Because they said they would not honor the promo. No memory loss here. My first stay would have been today so I needed to make a decision yesterday. More likely than not, if I didn't cancel, I would probably need to dispute with my CC company, and if that happened the best I could probably expect was a refund. Again, how is that inconsistent with me saying the reason I cancelled was they were adamant they would not honor the promo?

Originally Posted by fti
You refused to PM Wyndham by choice.
Huh? I PMed them 2 times. Even stated that in the post you quoted. They said the promo would not be honored and they would "try" to cancel my non-refundable reservations. I figured it was better to call the hotel since the FT reps weren't inspiring much confidence.

Last edited by HikerT; Oct 25, 2012 at 11:06 pm
Old Oct 25, 2012, 8:01 pm

I too have had all of my 48k bonus points vanish into the ether today. I had originally received the email back in the summer and had fulfilled all the terms and conditions of the offer (clicking through the email, etc...).

I was on the phone with WR for over 20 minutes, and we all know what a wonderful experience that can be So far the rep is claiming that I was awarded the points in error. I challenged that assertion and so she escalated it to a supervisor, who informed me that there has been some sort of glitch that has taken the points from many people's accounts 'by accident'. I was told that my points should be put back in within a few days.

Last edited by ukinny2000; Oct 26, 2012 at 8:13 am
Old Oct 25, 2012, 8:03 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by fti
Again, how is that inconsistent with me saying the reason I cancelled was they were adamant they would not honor the promo?
I think you made the right decision. I believe you got a message saying they would not honor it. I do not blame you for canceling. Unless they came out with blanket policy or noted your account saying they would honor you were smart to cancel. The promo runs through December. If they change their minds you can always try gain. Or see if you can get then to commit to honoring by noting your account then rebook.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 9:48 pm

I think you guys are overreacting. It just sounds like a glitch.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:51 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

Yes glitch but glitch at a bad time.
However things are starting to look better PR wise for Wyndham so I wouldn't take such a harsh stance. They're doing what they can
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:55 pm

Programs: Club Carlson, Hyatt, National, Le Club Accor,
Post wyndham may be turning this around

Originally Posted by fti

You didn't want to waste more time, you admitted that didn't have the patience. You refused to PM Wyndham by choice. Sorry, but as bad as Wyndham has handled this, you can't blame them for you giving up and canceling your reservations.
I agree. Wyndham can't be expected to give everyone their points after you opted for refund/cancel.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:58 pm

Programs: Club Carlson, Hyatt, National, Le Club Accor,
Post Cancelled. Now what?

Originally Posted by sgideons
Reservation for tomorrow night cancelled without any notice and without my permission.
Happened to me. Should we be trying to undo these cancellations?
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by A2Zombie
I agree. Wyndham can't be expected to give everyone their points after you opted for refund/cancel.
Where exactly did I say I expected them to offer points after I cancelled. It would appear that some people were extended goodwill points if they had actually stayed at a property. I assume this is why they asked people if they would be a no show, and why they wanted to handle this via PM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.